4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Warpspeed, Or Budget!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 02:08 PM
madmax26

Warpspeed, Or Budget!?

whoever has budget or warspeed y pipes please reply, i dont know whether to get budget 304, or warspeed 304, or non mandrel bent, is it rilly such a big difference to have mandrel and non mandrel, like noticeable?im on a price but i want the performance to, consider, the fit(heard good things about budget), how low it hangs, what kind of sound we talkin about, and qaulity, basically help me out!!??thanks

Old 11-10-2001, 02:31 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Warpspeed, Or Budget!?

Just wait until you can afford the cattman.
Old 11-10-2001, 03:02 PM

Re: Re: Warpspeed, Or Budget!?

Originally posted by NickStam
Screw catman, Warpspeed provided the most HP, outta there little "battle of the Y-pipe" Go for the Warpspeed, I have it, NO regreats, Fit like a glove...Nice dude to. hope this helps...later.
Old 11-10-2001, 03:56 PM

Re: Re: Warpspeed, Or Budget!?

Originally posted by NickStam
i think he said whoever has budget or warpspeed please reply...
Old 11-10-2001, 08:58 PM

Re: Re: Re: Warpspeed, Or Budget!?

Originally posted by black019

i think he said whoever has budget or warpspeed please reply...
budget is the best value. my ave ETs are a whole tenth lower since the install. my fastest run is 14.40 and that was letting go of the gas to keep from breaking out on a bracket run. the pipe is relatively quiet if you have a stock exhaust. it fitted perfectly. why spend over $100 more for the same performance? they have a one year warranty and 304SS is available.
Old 11-10-2001, 09:13 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Warpspeed, Or Budget!?

hey where can you buy budget ypipes???????
Old 11-10-2001, 09:13 PM
madmax26

u guys with warpspeed and budget, any bees in can? i was pritty focused on budget, but warpspeed website through me off, ill probably stick with budget, just worried bout sound, thanks

Old 11-10-2001, 09:17 PM

Originally posted by madmax26
u guys with warpspeed and budget, any bees in can? i was pritty focused on budget, but warpspeed website through me off, ill probably stick with budget, just worried bout sound, thanks
no bees in the can. i hear a very slight hiss on hard throttle. it is so quiet it's rediculous. it should be a none issue! if you have an intake, that's like 20x lounder!
Old 11-10-2001, 10:19 PM

im sorry... but i honestly dont give a damn about sound. as long as my car goes faster with each new mod... i could be running down the block with my car sounding like a harley davidson for all i care... i just want the performance. Bees in a can? my system will clear that up with the push of a button... lol. It's not like my volume is ever set low.
Old 11-11-2001, 06:56 AM

I had a Cattman with my Greddy Catback and the sound level increased greatly. I would assume the same noise increase with any y-pipe and catback right?
Old 11-11-2001, 07:25 AM

WSP ve Budjet

Just thought I would ask a few questions here as I honestly have never seen a Budget pipe. Do they offer the latest lined flex section? Does the pipe have butt welds? Dallas and I believe that 304SS is over rated as most Premium headers are not made from it, they use steel. It came as a surprize to me as well. I was working with a company 6-7 months ago looking into headers for the Maxima. Steel was what they made all of there top of the line headers from. These guys were supplying them to race cars all over the USA.
We believe our Mandrel bent aluminized y-pipe @ $225 is the best bang for your hard earned modification dollar. 20-25% higher flow than the non-mandrel pipes.$30 more than our non-mandrel bent pipe, which comes in at $195.
We would love to sell you a SS one. Do you really need 304SS?Probably not unless you are showing your car. Your aluminized pipe will be working fine when you sell your car 5-6 years down the road.

Dan WSP
Old 11-11-2001, 09:22 PM

If I could find a way to quiet down my Greddy Catback, I would definitely get one of you mandrel alum. pipes. But until I quiet down the muffler with a silencer or remove a resonator, I will remain stock. If any one has managed to do this, please let me know.
Old 11-12-2001, 05:01 AM

taking out the resonator only makes it louder... did u mean add a resonator
Old 11-12-2001, 06:44 AM
dko
duck and cover

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Warpspeed, Or Budget!?

Originally posted by 95maxgxe
hey where can you buy budget ypipes???????
here
Old 11-12-2001, 08:13 AM

Well I have a budget and can't really respond on the h.p increase due to installing the Apexi WS cat back at the same time...but shyt to tell u the truth I don't hear a sound at all from my Y pipe especially not over the Apexi at idle the car is very quiet and only roars at WOT......and it's still not lawmmowery sounding lol (new word)...but all in all it's preference I like my pipe it does what the others do at a fraction of the cost...u do your research and count your dollars....opinions are opinions some people just think certain ways..but do whats best for you....for the record I could have bought a cattman but after much research and all I just went with the budget 304ss and haven't been disappointed yet
Old 11-12-2001, 08:59 AM

Originally posted by RICOiz704
Well I have a budget and can't really respond on the h.p increase due to installing the Apexi WS cat back at the same time...but shyt to tell u the truth I don't hear a sound at all from my Y pipe especially not over the Apexi at idle the car is very quiet and only roars at WOT......and it's still not lawmmowery sounding lol (new word)...but all in all it's preference I like my pipe it does what the others do at a fraction of the cost...u do your research and count your dollars....opinions are opinions some people just think certain ways..but do whats best for you....for the record I could have bought a cattman but after much research and all I just went with the budget 304ss and haven't been disappointed yet
i'm telling you, the 304SS budget pipe fits perfectly, is quiet and it adds enough HP to take a tenth off your ET for cheap. i'm actually looking for a loud exhaust setup. my greddy is on the way! bring it on!
Old 11-12-2001, 09:12 AM

Oh sorry lol....the install was a perfet fit.....no problems at all.I got mine installed at a custom exhaust shop and they liked the pipe also....so the choice is yours....
Old 11-12-2001, 10:31 AM

I ordered my Warpspeed pipe last monday and I am waiting for it to come in. Once it does I will let you know but I chose warpspeed because everyone has had a good outcome from them. Also If you cann you can talk to Dallas directly (one of the owners) and he will walk you right through anything you need and answer all your questions. He was a great help and my deciding factor when I bought.

SuDZ
Old 11-12-2001, 12:00 PM
madmax26

ok

so we have two 304 ss, which i need, and we have perfect fits, now its the question if i wanna pay 100 bucks more for mandrel or not, what other factors are worth more then 100, if nothing more then madreal, then ill hit the budget

Old 11-12-2001, 12:26 PM

I'd get the warpspeed

I have the Budget and it works perfect but I believe the Warpspeed has the lined flex which gets rid of most of the "Bee's in can" sound that I hate..
Old 11-12-2001, 12:34 PM

Washington u got bees in the can sound? Hmm weird I don't think i have it....but like i stated above I have the apex cat back also....is it that noticable if u do have it and would I pick up on it right away?
Old 11-12-2001, 12:48 PM

Yep..

I have a stock exhaust and cone intake... It's very noticiable to me but other DC members state "We can hardly hear it". I heard no bees in can from the Cattman with the lined flex so I'm only assuming the Warpspeed with the lined flex is quiet as well..

Washington u got bees in the can sound? Hmm weird I don't think i have it....but like i stated above I have the apex cat back also....is it that noticable if u do have it and would I pick up on it right away?
Old 11-12-2001, 01:09 PM

well that's odd cause I even did so much as to get under my car to hear it and I hear nothing even with the full exhaust I still feel my car is kinda quiet..which i like...
Old 11-12-2001, 01:09 PM
madmax26

Re: Yep..

Originally posted by Washington DC Maxima
I have a stock exhaust and cone intake... It's very noticiable to me but other DC members state "We can hardly hear it". I heard no bees in can from the Cattman with the lined flex so I'm only assuming the Warpspeed with the lined flex is quiet as well..

is a lined flex "stronger" then what budget has, or its only for sound, becuz i also need a y pipe cuz mine is bad and leaking in the flex section, so if if a lined is not only for the bees in can sound that would help, i want a stronger one

Old 11-12-2001, 03:23 PM

Re: Re: Yep..

Can't say which is stronger since I haven't had it long enough but one is quieter than the other..

is a lined flex "stronger" then what budget has, or its only for sound, becuz i also need a y pipe cuz mine is bad and leaking in the flex section, so if if a lined is not only for the bees in can sound that would help, i want a stronger one
Old 11-12-2001, 03:26 PM

If I get under the car

I can't hear it either since I'm not accelerating. But once it's in drive I hear it especially next to concrete barrier walls and other cars during rush hour traffic.. If I have my windows up I barely hear it, though.

well that's odd cause I even did so much as to get under my car to hear it and I hear nothing even with the full exhaust I still feel my car is kinda quiet..which i like...
Old 11-12-2001, 07:48 PM

Bees in the Can

Washington DC Maxima is correct. The classic "bees in a can" sound can not bee heard while idling, it's noticable when you let off under deceleration. The lined flex has really helped quite a bit to quiet this pasky sound.
Dallas and I talked about MIG welding up a few of our 304ss stock, to see what people think. I would e-mail him if interested. If we do it that way we will be cheaper than our $299 asking price for the TIG welded version. We haven't talked price yet.
Again, remember most people do not need 304SS. Your car will probably rust out before an aluminized pipe will. Experts tell us that they easily last 5+ years.Dallas and I feel our aluminized mandrel bent pipe at $225 is the best bang for your buck, bar none.

Dan WSP
Old 11-12-2001, 08:42 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

i have the budget pipe and no bees in can sound.

funny that washington does.... but i like mine fit well and works well.
Old 11-13-2001, 06:36 AM

Sorry I left out an important detail...I had some on the gas when I was under the car also..not just at idle.....and still nothing...hmmm maybe your gaskets are not right Washington...or maybe i just got lucky...but I wish you the best..and good luck on your pipes Warpspeed...
Old 11-13-2001, 07:07 AM

i just installed my budget 304 snd Rt cat, and my Greddy Cat back...basically the whole exhuast..i felt lke it pulls 10 times harded now...i love it the setup sound great with a deep growl...i love it... i recommend this setup to any1
Old 11-15-2001, 04:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

95-99 SS Y Pipe $175. US

Well I guess it's time I came in and gave you guys and gals my 2 cents. I have been doing exhaust for 18 years. I have been in business for 3 years. I do all my own bends,welds, and assembling of the Y pipe. I do have a garage where I have 3 experienced technicians doing my installations all day long. We do exhaust from "MILD TO WILD" We do aluminized, 409 and 304 stainless. Which is better aluminized or stainless? I feel stainless, it will last longer 304 has a higher nickle content which makes it a better grade of stainless. 304 can be polished to have a mirror finish, 409 bends easier because it is a milder steele. 409 dose not polish well. Aluminized tubing is a lower grade it dose not last as long. In Canada with the snow and salt the aluminized pipe will last you 2-3 years. Aluminized is cheaper to purchase then stainless. I have looked at all the Y pipes on the forum Cattman,warpspeed,stillen they are all very well built. I will never cut up the competition we all work to hard. There's alot of time and energy that goes into making these pipes. As for which pipe you should purchase, I can't tell you that. There's alot of info on this forum about each pipe. Our material also comes from the US. The flex and our flanges are made in the USA. Our tubing is bought here in Canada. We also use Carsound converters that are made in the US. One thing is for sure the cost of these pipes keep getting lower. At Budget Perfomance Exhaust we don't do group deals, We don't make you wait for your pipe, we pay the shipping. We also have Performance specials, Right now we are selling **** 95-99 Nissan Maxima 304 stainless Y pipe shipped to your door for $275. Canadian. Now when you convert to US funds it's approx.$175. US(depends on the $)****

Also coming soon: Cat Back 304 polished system for the Nissan Maxima,
Subaru WRX,and Jeeps YJ other product coming
Strut Bars
Air Intakes
Stabilizer Bar
Clear Lights

You can see the Nissan Maxima Y pipe on our
E-mail: lyell@attcanada.ca
Phone: 905 681-4579 Burlington,Ontario Canada

Sincerely, Jeff
Budget Exhaust
Some humor: My wife and Brian Catts have something in common. Her last name was Kats before we got married.
Old 11-15-2001, 04:58 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Budgetper4ormance's quote: Some humor: My wife and Brian Catts have something in common. Her last name was Kats before we got married.

Old 11-15-2001, 04:59 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Re: 95-99 SS Y Pipe $175. US

Originally posted by Budget Per4orm
Well I guess it's time I came in and gave you guys and gals my 2 cents. I have been doing exhaust for 18 years. I have been in business for 3 years. I do all my own bends,welds, and assembling of the Y pipe. I do have a garage where I have 3 experienced technicians doing my installations all day long. We do exhaust from "MILD TO WILD" We do aluminized, 409 and 304 stainless. Which is better aluminized or stainless? I feel stainless, it will last longer 304 has a higher nickle content which makes it a better grade of stainless. 304 can be polished to have a mirror finish, 409 bends easier because it is a milder steele. 409 dose not polish well. Aluminized tubing is a lower grade it dose not last as long. In Canada with the snow and salt the aluminized pipe will last you 2-3 years. Aluminized is cheaper to purchase then stainless. I have looked at all the Y pipes on the forum Cattman,warpspeed,stillen they are all very well built. I will never cut up the competition we all work to hard. There's alot of time and energy that goes into making these pipes. As for which pipe you should purchase, I can't tell you that. There's alot of info on this forum about each pipe. Our material also comes from the US. The flex and our flanges are made in the USA. Our tubing is bought here in Canada. We also use Carsound converters that are made in the US. One thing is for sure the cost of these pipes keep getting lower. At Budget Perfomance Exhaust we don't do group deals, We don't make you wait for your pipe, we pay the shipping. We also have Performance specials, Right now we are selling **** 95-99 Nissan Maxima 304 stainless Y pipe shipped to your door for $275. Canadian. Now when you convert to US funds it's approx.$175. US(depends on the $)****
175 bucks ? You didn't specify if this was for the mandrel bent...I assume it's not ? How much would it cost for an aluminized mandrel bent Y ?
Old 11-15-2001, 05:01 PM

whats the difference between madrel and non mandrel bent?
Old 11-15-2001, 06:32 PM

Re: 95-99 SS Y Pipe $175. US

Originally posted by Budget Per4orm

Also coming soon: Cat Back 304 polished system for the Nissan Maxima,
Subaru WRX,and Jeeps YJ other product coming
Strut Bars
Air Intakes
Stabilizer Bar
Clear Lights

when will this full catback system be available for the maxima? will it fit my 1997 perfectly and what pipe diameter, muffler design and tip will you be using? i am very interested as i know the quality of your work and the urgency of your service! i also hope your exhaust is loud (like a borla). please reply quickly in case i have to cancel my greddy order!
Old 11-15-2001, 07:20 PM
madmax26

thanks

i would just like to give a personal thanks to budget and warspeed to take the time to post on my thread, thats impressive and it makes the decision harder, but i think im pritty certain now, but if u you guys read this thanks, that a good impression on people when ut ake the time to answer, thanks!

Old 11-15-2001, 07:48 PM

Re: thanks

i would just like to give a personal thanks to budget and warspeed to take the time to post on my thread, thats impressive and it makes the decision harder, but i think im pritty certain now, but if u you guys read this thanks, that a good impression on people when ut ake the time to answer, thanks!
This was one of the things that made me go with warpspeed. When I called them with some questions we talked for like 30 minutes or so and Dallas answered everything I had and told him that after I got the pipe if I had installation questions or anything just give him another call. I like that.

SuDZ
Old 11-16-2001, 06:04 AM

I like my Budget and it holds up fine..when I called and placed my order he was very detailed in explaining and helping me with my purchase...when I recieve the pipe I was like hmmmm didn't look as spiffy as the Cattman pipe but what do I know about exhaust..I took it to a place similar to budget here that ONLY do exhaust and custom exhaust work and they praised the pipe....and it performs well without a bees in the can sound....well mine doesnt at least
Old 11-17-2001, 05:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

No it's not mandrel bent. In small tight bends mandrel dose have better flow. The Maxima Y pipe has a gradual bend. There is very little restriction. We have sold many Y pipes here at our garage, with no complaints. We have sold on the forum with very little complaints.

We are hoping to have the catback system ready for the first week in December. There is lots to do, Our techs are working day and night to find the right set up. So far everything is going smooth I will keep you updated.

Sincerely, Jeff
Budget Performance Exhaust

www.budgetexhaust.com
lyell@attcanada.ca
Old 11-17-2001, 09:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

tubing differences MB vs NMB

Dan is in San Diego and I thought I would do a little catching up on the forum.

We are posting photos on our website tomorrow or Monday showing the cross section differences between the various sizes of tubing.

We have cut some of the non mandrel bent pipes in the center of the radius to show the cross section difference of a mandrel bent vs the non mandrel bent version, no matter how gradual you bend it there is still a reduction in pipe diameter.

Most American tubing manufacturers will tell you that the life expectancy of aluminized cold rolled mild steel is 10-12 years,it usually outlasts the life of the car.

It surprises us that Canadian aluminized steel has such a short life span because the whole purpose of the aluminum alloy is to prevent corrosion both internally and externally. Most knowledgeable exhaust shops know the pipes almost never rust from the outside in it is almost always from the inside out, even in Minnesota. I guess even the salt is better in Canada.

Dan and I have been discussing a 3-4 year no rust through warranty on our American made aluminized steel tubing. We will post the results on our website. Probably none needed on our TIG or MIG welded T304 mandrel bent stainless, we have aluminized steel on both of our Maxima's.

I asked 3 of our tubing vendors if they ship to Canada, they all said that the Canadian domestic tubing is so cheap they cannot compete in Canada, there is also a duty fee charged on imported steel going into Canada. They also said because of all the Canadian imported dumped exhaust parts and tubing flowing in they are having a very hard time surviving.

We told our suppliers that we won't buy Canadian or Mexican tubing and parts even though they are cheaper. We are determined to offer affordable quality products without supporting the economy of another country so we buy American.

We do still drink a few Molsons but I can never find an Uncle Bens which has always been my favorite.

Jeff, what year Maxima do guys drive up there at Budget?

Dallas
WarpSpeed Performance

Quick Reply: Warpspeed, Or Budget!?