4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

List some members that Retrofit Projectors.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 AM

List some members that Retrofit Projectors.

I really don't have the time to do mine, So List some users that retrofit projectors in our Housings. I prefer the cheapest ones be listed.

Thanks.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

I heard that Search does it
Old 10-08-2008, 10:15 AM

Also unless you're planning on buying someone a plane ticket or shipping your headlights, it may be a good idea to check or post in the proper regional forum.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by mtrai760
I heard that Search does it
Where can I find him/her/it?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:46 AM

one other option you have, after you have searched and IF you haven't found anyone, is to sign up to hidplanet and look for retrofitters there(there are a lot). I agree with mtrai760 though, search with various keywords, and keyword combinations first before anything else.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Whatchyou say?

S1c ....

thought you had years of mechanic experience and computer stuff behind you, but you ask questions like this?

I tried to explain to you (when you PM'd me to death) that you need to do your homework. It's obivious that you don't listen, can't search, and have no clue what you are doing. I know it's hard for you, but you can do it! Look at the top of any page, on the right hand side, it says "search" ... type your question there and hit the 'enter' key. Can it get any easier?

Old 10-08-2008, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by JtzMax
S1c ....

thought you had years of mechanic experience and computer stuff behind you, but you ask questions like this?

I tried to explain to you (when you PM'd me to death) that you need to do your homework. It's obivious that you don't listen, can't search, and have no clue what you are doing. I know it's hard for you, but you can do it! Look at the top of any page, on the right hand side, it says "search" ... type your question there and hit the 'enter' key. Can it get any easier?

yes it can...
asking a question...having some one else answer it...mailing your crap to them. getting lights back, paying some one else to install them. BAM super easy!
Old 10-08-2008, 01:19 PM

S1c ....

You seem to not have much sense when people ask questions do you JTZ? And I PM'd you 4 times and replying to your PMs. Also.. I want to know the users that are really good and have the best prices. I don't see how I can find that in a search button. Really. Is it so hard to post a username like "MaximasProjectors2008" or something as a guy that a lot of people have had good experiences with and had good prices? You can find that in a search button. I don't see how my question was THAT dumb. You guys got to stop forcing so much load on the servers. If I asked a silly question like... What is the sizes of my stock SE rim? Then yah, I guess you can search but this... Not really.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:53 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Not everything comes on one.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by S1cTech
I really don't have the time to do mine, So List some users that retrofit projectors in our Housings. I prefer the cheapest ones be listed.

Thanks.
ask kzoosho, he does "commercial" work and his lights look damn good.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Whatchyou say?

Mate ... I was not trying to be a smartass when you asked me for my help. I told you a lot of usefull information and you ignored it. Plain and simple, not trying to argue with you - and I told you that too. If you are looking for someone to do a retro for you, you should have posted your question to the .Org a little different. Maybe something along the lines of ... "Who can retro some HIDs for me?" (No .. this doesn't mean start another thread!) You posted it in a way that is not very direct. Lots of us have done our own set up (because we searched and read and learned) but are not into making retroz for others. At least I'm not anyway ... a harnes is another story.

You say that I don't understand questions very well .... LOL Ok, then I guess don't ask me any anymore!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:14 PM

post in northeast regional... but youll get flamed there too... there are a few orgers u can find for retro by searching.

if u want cheap price then do it urself, u can charge whatever u want or do it free. only pay for parts

Last edited by B_Eaze; 10-11-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:29 PM

The Biggest retrofitter....Gtr_rider
Old 10-09-2008, 06:11 AM
Boosted Panda

Lots of us have done our own set up (because we searched and read and learned) but are not into making retroz for others.

S1cTech,
Do you even know which projectors you want to go with? Have you sourced any of the parts? Do you have a certain amount your able to spend?
Or are you wanting the person who does your retrofit to make these decisions for you and source all the parts?

Last edited by Flava_24/7; 10-09-2008 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:37 AM

pandaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :P
Old 10-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Horizontally opposed.

Not everything comes on one.
rofl...

what about buying a set that someone has already retro'd? I've seen several in the FS section lately...
Old 10-09-2008, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7

S1cTech,
Do you even know which projectors you want to go with? Have you sourced any of the parts? Do you have a certain amount your able to spend?
Or are you wanting the person who does your retrofit to make these decisions for you and source all the parts?
hey panda have not seen u in a while... Well I have done little research on it, and I have seen buying them outright costs up tot $450 bucks. A little more then I wanna spend. I got a few PM's from this topic. Some pretty good prices but some of those users want me to send my AE headlights in and I can't go without lights for a few weeks because I threw away my SE ones a whileee ago. So I am gonna have to do more searching. I can easily do it myself with some research and some parts but I just wanted to know the best prices and who can do it for at least under $250-ish with parts.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Boosted Panda

Going to be hard to at that price.
Projectors alone could run 200 depenfing pn which ones are used.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Whatchyou say?

Originally Posted by S1cTech
hey panda have not seen u in a while... Well I have done little research on it, and I have seen buying them outright costs up tot $450 bucks. A little more then I wanna spend. I got a few PM's from this topic. Some pretty good prices but some of those users want me to send my AE headlights in and I can't go without lights for a few weeks because I threw away my SE ones a whileee ago. So I am gonna have to do more searching. I can easily do it myself with some research and some parts but I just wanted to know the best prices and who can do it for at least under $250-ish with parts.
$250ish will be rather difficult IMO. Good luck though.

I'm glad you have done some research and that this thread is helping you. Like I said, not trying to be an azz or anything, but sometimes it's hard when the person wanting help isn't really willing to help themselfs. I try and tell people the first step in getting a decent HID set up is to first find which projectors you want to use, the rest is easy as eating pie.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Horizontally opposed.

yes, good luck with the $250 total. depending on your setup, parts alone could cost 2-300. just curious, are you going single xenon or bi-xenon?

and on a side note, I have two OEM osram D2S bulbs I'll sell you
Old 10-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Whatchyou say?

Ha ... funny you should ask if he's going single or bi xenon.

The whole thing started when he couldn't pass inspection - due to not having hi beams.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

AWWW i hate failing inspection...

at least your doing it right this time.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Horizontally opposed.

Ha ... funny you should ask if he's going single or bi xenon.

The whole thing started when he couldn't pass inspection - due to not having hi beams.

wait...did he already have a single xenon retro? or....does he not know how to flip on the brights
Old 10-10-2008, 07:56 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Originally Posted by mowgli29
wait...did he already have a single xenon retro? or....does he not know how to flip on the brights
A retro into stock housings would not have a highbeam unless you used a bi-xenon.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Horizontally opposed.

A retro into stock housings would not have a highbeam unless you used a bi-xenon.
yeah, that I understand. I have E55 bi-xenons retro'd into stock housings. I was just confused as to why he previously had no high beams. Does he currently have a single xenon retro, and since he can't pass inspection, he's looking for someone to retro some bi-xenons? or was jtz saying that his original plan for the retro was single xenons? im just confuzzled maybe I should re-read this entire thread.

sorry for cluttering the thread.
carry on.

Last edited by mowgli29; 10-10-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Whatchyou say?

No ... he PMd me about how to get hi beams from his (I am guessing) current xenon set up. He asked me what kind of bulb he could buy to (for HIDs) get hi and low beam. I explained to him exactly what Mtrai said ... you need bi-xenon projectors. He argued with me aobut this saying that it was just the bulb, not the projector. I explained that our stock 9004 bulb is a dual filliment bulb (burns one filliment for hi, one for low). Again ... he told me that I don't understand what he was after and then I told him to post a thread on it ... since I am of no help apparently. Anyway ... I'm not sure what his deal is ... but he knows more than I do, so I leave it up to him now. lol
Old 10-10-2008, 12:37 PM

Yes i do retro's and no i cant o one for 250. Im not in it to lose money. S1 when you are ready to get good lighting pm me, Gtr_Rider, or Maxgtr2000 . We all retro. but trust me you wont find one that will do it for 250 unless you are buying everything. In that case i could do it for less that 250.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Boosted Panda

Heres a set of Cefiros i did a while back for someone,

He provided the lights, I provided everything else and charged around 500.00 which inlcuded parts,labor and shipping. The buyer was more then happy with the finished product. If I had more time on my hands, I wouldnt mind doing retros for people but my time is very limited so thats why Im not offering my services.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:59 AM

Nice retro. Are those TL projectors?
Old 10-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Black Lion

IMO i think single projectors look funny now. Go with the r34 housing with a dual projector.. one being the high beam or a daytime driving light (like I did) and the other the low beam. If you go with single beam and want to pass inspection you will need a bixenon or a separate high beam. So you have quite a bit to think about. Get all the parts yourself and ship them out to someone or learn to do them yourself like most here have done. OH good luck on $ 250 budget ..not gonna happen.

Last edited by maxprivate; 10-11-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:43 PM

I thought about doing that for my retro but I'm scared that no matter how well i aim the projectors the Hi beam will blind the $#it outta on coming traffic. Even if thats not true i just feel better with my bixenons (which have been sitting on my bookcase waiting for housing)
Old 10-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Black Lion

Originally Posted by B_Eaze
I thought about doing that for my retro but I'm scared that no matter how well i aim the projectors the Hi beam will blind the $#it outta on coming traffic. Even if thats not true i just feel better with my bixenons (which have been sitting on my bookcase waiting for housing)
the high beams are supposed to blind people. you mean the low beam.. dont worry if you aim them correctly they will not blind people, I do have to admit the process is trail and error but if you use the aiming process from hidplanet.com you'll be fine. Ohh and don't seal them up untill you are happy with the way they are aimed.