4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Ricey or No?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:31 PM

shrimp fried RICE
Old 01-06-2009, 07:38 PM

looks like a China buffet to me.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:44 PM

Its ugly
Old 01-06-2009, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by michaelp
I'm 18, and I don't find that car attractive at all. I hate rice...not to mention ive seen some 40+ year olds with rice.
+1
Old 01-06-2009, 08:16 PM

The SE gauge faces are listed under performance upgrades.....

gauge cluster during the night glows a white irodesent looks awesome i didnt put it on came like that
Old 01-06-2009, 08:27 PM

I seen this car around, some Douche!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:27 PM

Ricey? YES!
The decent thing for him to do was to get a paint job for that max.
That things looks chopped the hell up.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
Uh, its not painted...

Looks like he just rattle canned the grill and tails to match, or at least the tails. The grill is probably unpainted as well.
This is my car I know what you are all thinking BLAH I know. The car its self is actually really great car lol. Looks just like Flava flav's. The thing is I was trying to go for a vielside look got most if not all my parts on EBAY ahhh...
Anyway The body kit was necessary the front bumper i had previously with a lip kit got taken out by a dead dear along with my exhaust. So I had to buy a new front bumper and I stumbled upon this body kit for 300 dollars all polyurathane you pass up that deal. the stock bumper on the 95 96 just have nothing i think there ugly personaly. When i bought the car I had a vision A Nissan skyline 400r I wanted one I attempted to make it. stop harassing. As far as the engine I figure 300 hp engine 260 whp going up against a 2005 mazda 6 with clutch and intake upgrades. Underdrive pully cold air, full megan exahust no cat, jim wolf ecu, 360cc injector's my first run was a 15.2 on the 1/4 mile at 94 and my best of the day was the 14.8 at 98mph with a paint job and a little modification it can be done. I wanted to paint the rear lights tyc style white as well so they match the car and didn't stick out as much. Now I have another project car in my hands the 3000gt VR-4 Same motor but twin turbo. and its already got the ricy body kit sorry I am a sucker for that sorta thing. sorry if you don't like it Because its not fully finished...

Last edited by natedog2008; 01-06-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:32 PM

I really hope you don't assume that a VQ30 and a 6G72 are the same engine simply because they're both 3.0L...
Old 01-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by natedog2008
This is my car I know what you are all thinking BLAH I know. The car its self is actually really great car lol. Looks just like Flava flav's. The thing is I was trying to go for a vielside look got most if not all my parts on EBAY ahhh...
Anyway The body kit was necessary the front bumper i had previously with a lip kit got taken out by a dead dear along with my exhaust. So I had to buy a new front bumper and I stumbled upon this body kit for 300 dollars all polyurathane you pass up that deal. the stock bumper on the 95 96 just have nothing i think there ugly personaly. When i bought the car I had a vision A Nissan skyline 400r I wanted one I attempted to make it. stop harassing. As far as the engine I figure 300 hp engine 260 whp going up against a 2005 mazda 6 with clutch and intake upgrades. Underdrive pully cold air, full megan exahust no cat, jim wolf ecu, 360cc injector's my first run was a 15.2 on the 1/4 mile at 94 and my best of the day was the 14.8 at 98mph with a paint job and a little modification it can be done. I wanted to paint the rear lights tyc style white as well so they match the car and didn't stick out as much. Now I have another project car in my hands the 3000gt VR-4 Same motor but twin turbo. and its already got the ricy body kit sorry I am a sucker for that sorta thing. sorry if you don't like it Because its not fully finished...
LOL at comparing your car to Flava's. Apples and oranges my friend, IMO of course.

Double LOL at your estimated?? HP numbers. Or do you have a dyno to prove said hp??

Some punctuation and proper grammar/spelling wouldn't hurt either. That was hard to read/understand.

Triple LOL at your sig....
Old 01-07-2009, 12:03 AM

i wish i could some sense into you...but hey what difference would that make. you and tehbrawney must be related..
Old 01-07-2009, 12:05 AM

i was on the ground when he said "really great car lol. Looks just like Flava flav's"...omg..wtf
lol^^for remembering brawney.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:22 AM

I wondered in here off the main page.

Attatch that ugly body kit to your car properly, AFTER you've painted it the right color.
Engine bay looks pretty, it has every color of the rainbow. I can't see any "mods" that would put you even close to 260hp. The only obvious mod, is the DOWNgrade in CAI (that stands for Cool Air Intake).
Everything glows irridescent white when you flash a camera 20mm away from it.
Where is this different intake manifold?
"you have to have a sleeper to put this on your car if its not a skyline", yes, 1 down 2 to go, now all you need is STI and Type R for that "extra sleeper" look. That will keep the cops and the Supra's off your ***. Get the GTR badge OFF the Maxima, Rice boy!

I could go on and on, but my fingers would be very sore before the end.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:18 AM

I'm so glad I sent the link of Maxima.Org to Nate... Seriously though man... why are you going to try and fool a bunch of guys that are far more familiar with this car then you are? We know what a VQ30DE and USDM Intake Manifold looks like and that's exactly what you have.

Are you ? 300 hp Maxima only running a 14.8@98 mph??? Look at my sig... I run better times than you and probably make only low 200 hp. Does the math not add up right? How in the world would you beat a 250 hp Mazda 6? Well... Did you do a power/weight ratio comparison? Did you think about HP delivery and the remapped delivery with the JWT ECU?

3000GT VR4 Vs. Maxima... Different Car, Same Motor but Turbo? That's like saying my 3SGTE All Trac Celica is the same motor as an EVO's 4G63...

Oh yeah... and your Email to me saying:

"I am not i have all jdm parts for an autocross look jdm skyine headlights tail lights the body kit i picked up for 300 and its poly urathane aso im pushing 300hp 14.8 sec 14 mile i never got a chance 2 paint the body kit tho"

Muahahahaha! Rediculous!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Boosted Panda

This is my car I know what you are all thinking BLAH I know. The car its self is actually really great car lol. Looks just like Flava flav's.

WOW, How do our cars look alike?
My parts arent unpainted flat black items. They are all carbon fiber pieces. Ive put a lot of time/money into my ride and to be compared to one that has cheap parts slapped onto it with various gaps and etc. is just a plain insult. Im not sure what you got going on with that ride but it sure as heck doesnt look like mine. I can gaurantee you that my car would never be mistaken for yours.
Now back to the 300hp thing, what power adders do you have that got you to that mark? If you truly think tha adding a modded ECU with a pulley, CAI and exhaust will do it thats almost as funny as your "skymax"
Old 01-07-2009, 06:29 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by The Wizard
LOL at comparing your car to Flava's. Apples and oranges my friend, IMO of course.

Thank you sir.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:56 AM

lol i love how his crappy body kit has this huge cutout for a intercooler yet there is none to be found.... hmmmm maybe because IT ISNT A VQ30DET i dont even know why he would try to pull that in his ad the vq30det wouldnt even work in the max its a rwd motor.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:05 AM

WOW, How do our cars look alike?
My parts arent unpainted flat black items. They are all carbon fiber pieces. I can gaurantee you that my car would never be mistaken for yours.
Ionno from far away I thought your car was his car... I Keed I Keed! What a moron for this guy to even try to compare the two.

Now back to the 300hp thing, what power adders do you have that got you to that mark? If you truly think tha adding a modded ECU with a pulley, CAI and exhaust will do it thats almost as funny as your "skymax"
Old 01-07-2009, 07:06 AM

I don't even know where to begin

Underdrive pulley - 0hp
CAI - 0hp
megan catback & no cat - 0hp
+

So...you got 100 hp from injectors and a JWT ecu? WOW!

also, I hope you have something to tune with....I'm pretty sure you need one for diff. injectors..

and for not painting the bodykit/bumpers. I could understand if it was just a lipkit, but the whole damned bumper?

A 3000GT and a Maxima do not have the same motor...true, they both have 3L, but the similarities end there.

You better hope no one who knows Maximas comes to see the car...although since your'e trying to sell it as a "Skymax" that's all you're likely to get.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by mastermechanic5
lol i love how his crappy body kit has this huge cutout for a intercooler yet there is none to be found.... hmmmm maybe because IT ISNT A VQ30DET i dont even know why he would try to pull that in his ad the vq30det wouldnt even work in the max its a rwd motor.
Huh? Same motor, one has a turbo.
If you add a turbo to a VQ30DE, you can safely call it a VQ30DET. Not that this guy has done that though. Unless you mean pulling a VQ30DET(T) from a 300ZX or something, then yeah, "rwd motor".
Old 01-07-2009, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by mastermechanic5
Correction... If you are referring to a 300ZX motor I believe there is a NYC Maxima that has done this motor swap. Different transmission for FWD though cause the Maxima frame would take too much work to be able to fit the driveshaft for a rear diff.

VQ30DET = VQ30DE Turbocharged... Completely possible

RB26 in a Maxima.... Different story. Anything is possible with enough time, $$$, and fabrication... But looking at Nate's Domain Page... That's a VQ30DE.. and that's all it is... 180-190 whpish w/ those mods... NOT 300
Old 01-07-2009, 09:09 AM

. As far as the engine I figure 300 hp engine 260 whp going up against a 2005 mazda 6 with clutch and intake upgrades. Underdrive pully cold air, full megan exahust no cat, jim wolf ecu, 360cc injector's my first run was a 15.2 on the 1/4 mile at 94 and my best of the day was the 14.8 at 98mph
Old 01-07-2009, 12:44 PM

wait, so his best time is 14.8 and he has 300 hp!!!! thats garbage! those are stock times, and i've taken mazda 6's all motor np and that doesn't mean i make 300 all motor haha

FAIL!
you should check out http://www.civicland.com/
i think youd feel right at home
Old 01-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Administrator

In Before Thread Deletion/Removal....lol
Old 01-07-2009, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by T Keck
wait, so his best time is 14.8 and he has 300 hp!!!! thats garbage! those are stock times, and i've taken mazda 6's all motor np and that doesn't mean i make 300 all motor haha

FAIL!
you should check out http://www.civicland.com/
i think youd feel right at home

wait!! Found his equation. 160whp X2 / divide by 1.1
Old 01-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

What??

Only thing I can say about this is ....um..........Loss for words but hey if you like it
Old 01-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Got Retrofit?

the stock bumper on the 95 96 just have nothing i think there ugly personaly.
Really?
Old 01-07-2009, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by FreakyG
shrimp fried RICE
Beat me to it.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:30 PM

ohh ohh, i just ordered a Skyline Decal...+50 hp !!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:36 PM

Kinda feel sorry for the guy in a way not having the VQ knowledge that we have here on the boards.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:37 PM

Well im not a big fan of the car, but who cares what other people think of it. You dont need e-approval to buy a car. If you like it just get it... Just make sure the car checks out and runs good.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:48 PM

i think its a little funny that this guy (natedog) made an acct on this site to defend his car, and everybody just took what he said and destroyed it.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:41 PM

Generalization.... not ALL teenagers think RICE is cool......

FYI
Old 01-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by x0kalie
Generalization.... not ALL teenagers think RICE is cool......FYI
Yeah I'm 17 and believe me, I HATE ricers with a passion.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by ThreePointO
i think its a little funny that this guy (natedog) made an acct on this site to defend his car, and everybody just took what he said and destroyed it.
Even if the car does suck it shouldnt matter, people do things to their car that they like... I dont like alot of things people do to their cars on this website but I would NEVER bash them... thats f*cked up.

I feel bad for him.... and not cuz of his car... because of haters!
Old 01-07-2009, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
Yeah I'm 17 and believe me, I HATE ricers with a passion.
Thank you.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by jrflores
ohh ohh, i just ordered a Skyline Decal...+50 hp !!!!
This stinks I bought 2 of those stickers I only gain 15hp guess I need. A nismo sticker that will do it LOL
Old 01-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by ThreePointO

It appears he has been here for a little while...

natedog2008
Newbie - Just Registered
95 nissan maxima

Old 01-07-2009, 04:28 PM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by Niccos89
Huh? Same motor, one has a turbo.
If you add a turbo to a VQ30DE, you can safely call it a VQ30DET. Not that this guy has done that though. Unless you mean pulling a VQ30DET(T) from a 300ZX or something, then yeah, "rwd motor".
Mind pointing out which 300zx came with a VQ30DETT? ...yea.

A VQ30DET and a VQ30DE (or DE-K) aren't 'the same motor'. For one, the VQ30DET block won't bolt into a FWD chassis. There are several other differences as well.

You could call it a VQ30DET, but it'll never be an actual VQ30DET.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by 1chewabacha1
Correction... If you are referring to a 300ZX motor I believe there is a NYC Maxima that has done this motor swap. Different transmission for FWD though cause the Maxima frame would take too much work to be able to fit the driveshaft for a rear diff.

VQ30DET = VQ30DE Turbocharged... Completely possible

RB26 in a Maxima.... Different story. Anything is possible with enough time, $$$, and fabrication... But looking at Nate's Domain Page... That's a VQ30DE.. and that's all it is... 180-190 whpish w/ those mods... NOT 300
If you're refering to a 300ZX, it has a VG30DE(TT), not a VQ30DET.

The first Z to use a VQ is the 350Z, with the VQ35DE, 84-89 300ZXs were VG30E or VG30ET, or in Japan (and other parts of the world) VG20E, VG20ET, VG20DE, RB20DET, and VG30DE. 90-96 (or 99) 300ZXs were available with a VG30DE or a VG30DETT.

Quick Reply: Ricey or No?