4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need Help car wont start!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 05:31 AM

Need Help car wont start!!

Just did a full DE-k swap but engine wont start,its like its not getting fuel but i have the lines hooked up right and my fuel pump is working properly. I tested the fuel injectors and there good to.The car will start if i put starter fuild in the tb . I really have no idea any info would be great
Old 04-22-2009, 05:34 AM
SCAMMER DO NOT BUY FROM FOR NOW

double check for vaccum leaks. make sure the injectors are grounded to the IM, when you turn the key to the ON position does your CEL light up? is the car cranking without starting? or is it not cranking at all?
Old 04-22-2009, 06:54 AM

thanks for responding appriciate that,anyway it wants to start its cranking,its grounded very good.I got a grounding kit plus a voltage stabilizer. my cel light is on ,we checked it i have a few codes cuz i deleted my egr and i have all the vacuum lines ran and pluged were need be. I have another question about the secrity light it might have something to do with that not sure, how is that supposed to light up does it blink or stay on what is it supposed to do.thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by maxtothamax
thanks for responding appriciate that,anyway it wants to start its cranking,its grounded very good.I got a grounding kit plus a voltage stabilizer. my cel light is on ,we checked it i have a few codes cuz i deleted my egr and i have all the vacuum lines ran and pluged were need be. I have another question about the secrity light it might have something to do with that not sure, how is that supposed to light up does it blink or stay on what is it supposed to do.thanks
if i'm not mistaken, it just blinks, then turns off when the car starts
Old 04-22-2009, 07:22 AM
No more Maximas...

If it's constantly lit while cranking, you've got an issue. Though that only matters on the '99s.

So what codes did you get?

Have you checked both CKPS' and the CPS yet? Did you mess around with the timing ring or crank pulley at all?

Pulled the rail and made sure that's your problem?
Old 04-22-2009, 07:46 AM

I dont have the codes in front of me but i can have them tomorrow. I shud have been prepared.anyway wats a ckps,i put on udp and i havent checked cps. I didnt pull the rail but i checked the lines.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:51 AM
No more Maximas...

I dont have the codes in front of me but i can have them tomorrow. I shud have been prepared.anyway wats a ckps,i put on udp and i havent checked cps. I didnt pull the rail but i checked the lines.
CKPS == CranKshaft Position Sensor
CPS == Camshaft Position Sensor

Are you sure the UDP was for a VQ30, or was it for a VQ35?

I'm thinking you've got a CKPS REF issue, especially given you just worked in that area, and you may very well have the wrong UDP.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:08 AM

thanks didnt kno that the crankshaft position sensor was abriviated that way. ill check my codes and get back to you on that the udp is for vq30 its a motostorm.