4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

anyone sill produce SFC or Fender braces????

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

anyone sill produce SFC or Fender braces????

is anyone on this forum will producing Sub Frame Connector or the Fender Bracing? I see that Truax is out of the picture and has had several issues with customers, shipping, and refunds.

Is this just not a need that people on the forum no longer want these for their cars?
Old 10-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Whatchyou say?

Hey, this is an old thread link, but you might still be able to hit them up for SFCs.

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...rame-deal.html

Hope this might help, took me some time to find it!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:39 PM

Yeah I read through all of his postings and for sale threads. Have noticed that several people had ALOT of issues with paying him and then not getting product shipped or refunded for months. And from what he said in one of his post, truaxmotorsports has gone out of business.

What I really need to know is if there is a different manufacture and if not, im going to fabricate a set for myself....I might make a couple of them since I will have to make a jig anyways and if there is a forum member or two that wants them I can always offer them up for a decent price.

Only reason Im looking into doing this is that truaxmotorsports is no longer around...not trying to steal anyones ideas....there just isnt anyone making these anymore that I can see.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:11 PM

I believe that Warpspeed makes SFC's as well, you could try contacting them.

That, and I think they sell them on eBay.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Coolsaber57
I believe that Warpspeed makes SFC's as well, you could try contacting them.

That, and I think they sell them on eBay.
Yup, they still post them for sale on Ebay.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:30 PM

but no one on the forum is making them anymore correct?
Old 11-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by sergofast
but no one on the forum is making them anymore correct?
Not sure why it matters, but I guess not.
Truax Motor Sports was the only ones here making them, but according to Warpspeeds ad they are part of their family and were just copying the design.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:35 AM

i thought the warpspeed made theirs out of tube and the truax was made of box...and the truax had better ground clearance. thats why i ask
Old 11-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by sergofast
i thought the warpspeed made theirs out of tube and the truax was made of box...and the truax had better ground clearance. thats why i ask
Im sorry, your correct. The TMS were sqaured tube vs. the WSP round tube. Not sure about the clearence though.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
Not sure why it matters, but I guess not.
Truax Motor Sports was the only ones here making them, but according to Warpspeeds ad they are part of their family and were just copying the design.
"Part of their family"

Gotta love Warpspeed's ebay ad...

"This item is made in the USA by legal US citizens with 100% made in America material."

and

"Just a note to eliminate some possible confusion:
We recently noticed some people using 11 gage square tubing in a poor attempt to imitate our sfc design. We discovered their "designer/welder" with 30 years experience just got out of high school. Should you have a problem do you think they are going to stand behind their product, they have been making these for 2 months so no doubt the testing was what...lacking? Do you think they have a business license, insurance, a retail location, a shop to install them, toll free number for USA and Canada? Nope. They didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
They do have an "attorney" that advised them to come up with something "different" which is what they are trying to tell you is "as good as". Ever had "as good as"? It's usually right across the aisle in the soft drink section from the real thing but it's not really the real thing is it? We don't even use 11 gage tubing for our jigs, (something we learned in welding school and a bunch of years in the railroad industry)."

Ouch!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by The Wizard
"Part of their family"

Gotta love Warpspeed's ebay ad...

"This item is made in the USA by legal US citizens with 100% made in America material."

and

"Just a note to eliminate some possible confusion:
We recently noticed some people using 11 gage square tubing in a poor attempt to imitate our sfc design. We discovered their "designer/welder" with 30 years experience just got out of high school. Should you have a problem do you think they are going to stand behind their product, they have been making these for 2 months so no doubt the testing was what...lacking? Do you think they have a business license, insurance, a retail location, a shop to install them, toll free number for USA and Canada? Nope. They didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
They do have an "attorney" that advised them to come up with something "different" which is what they are trying to tell you is "as good as". Ever had "as good as"? It's usually right across the aisle in the soft drink section from the real thing but it's not really the real thing is it? We don't even use 11 gage tubing for our jigs, (something we learned in welding school and a bunch of years in the railroad industry)."

Ouch!!!

Taken from their ad,..

Old 11-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
Taken from their ad,..

I see now, thanks. After all these years, Warpspeed still continues with the cheesy ads. I have a hard time taking them serious with **** like this. First it was attacking Cattman, now this crap. I think they should just keep it to business.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
I see now, thanks. After all these years, Warpspeed still continues with the cheesy ads. I have a hard time taking them serious with **** like this. First it was attacking Cattman, now this crap. I think they should just keep it to business.
You got to admit though, it is pretty funny.....dont know how true it is, but still funny. I guess they didnt like TMS at all You think that these guys are really related to one another? Sounds like they dont like the whole capitalistic approach to business....give the buying public options and if your product/company is superior it will sell. or you can resort to name calling and finger pointing...thats always mature

this may have been beaten with a dead horse but what do you guys think is better? the TMS or the warpspeed...im either going to buy the warpspeed (easy way out) or im going to just make my own TMS style SFC (not that hard, I've made more difficult in the past).