4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

MutlipleS

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 05:56 PM

MutlipleS

I have a load questions and prob to get off my mind andi figure it better to do one mass thread then starting a whole bunch of mini ones being most of my questions are simple but i just dont know.

1. Is for the antenna?

2.Can this A/C control be switched with the Automatic Climate control one easily

3.Can you buy the plastic cover peices to the door lock bar. or is there anything i can used instead

4.Anyone have any ideas to cover this ugly gap. or even the whole back panel to just switch with the whole cover. i was gonna get the light assemby and put it in but dont connect it but too ricey-like for me.

5.Is it possible to install a Tweeter here [in the seat belt pillar]
Old 03-12-2010, 06:38 PM

I can only answer 2 and 4.
2: it is VERY difficult from what I have read. Unless you are very good at taking your car apart, and have lots of time, dont try. You have to install all those temp sensors throughout the car is the reason, so no its not easy.
4: Id just put in the OEM one. I have my OEM one in and it looks fine, but I think you need a 3rd brake light. But if you dont want to go that road, cut a peice of plywood to that sizish, and cover in indoor/outdoor carpet that matches, prob cost like $5 and would look better than what you have there.
Hope it helps.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:45 PM

#1 is for the anteana there is a piece u can buy that converts that to a regular anteana hook up wallys world i think has them #3 u can use heat shrink tubing # 5 yeas u can put tweeters in the pillars just have to have componets and run wires i did it on my 98 i had boston accustic componats

Last edited by luke95gxe; 03-12-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by luke95gxe
#1 is for the anteana there is a piece u can buy that converts that to a regular anteana hook up wallys world i think has them #3 u can use heat shrink tubing # 5 yeas u can put tweeters in the pillars just have to have componets and run wires i did it on my 98 i had boston accustic componats
TY very much for quick to response and answers

does the pillar snap on/off how do i get behind it.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Fenton3030
I have a load questions and prob to get off my mind andi figure it better to do one mass thread then starting a whole bunch of mini ones being most of my questions are simple but i just dont know.

1. Is for the antenna?

2.Can this A/C control be switched with the Automatic Climate control one easily

3.Can you buy the plastic cover peices to the door lock bar. or is there anything i can used instead

4.Anyone have any ideas to cover this ugly gap. or even the whole back panel to just switch with the whole cover. i was gonna get the light assemby and put it in but dont connect it but too ricey-like for me.

5.Is it possible to install a Tweeter here [in the seat belt pillar]

1. you need an antenna adapter. 40-ni-10 (made by metra) available at any audio shop, best buy, etc.

2. no. unless you have tons of money to **** away

3. as stated, heat shrink works

4. not only do i personally hate the 3rd brake light delete due to safety issues, but it is illegal, and you will not pass inspection without it. buy one.

5. rear speakers=fail for your sound stage.

Last edited by Goomz; 03-12-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:02 PM

TY very much for quick to response and answers

does the pillar snap on/off how do i get behind it.
they pop out take out the back seat and rear deck start at the top or bottom and pull just dont yank and break them or u will be makin a trip to the junk yard they r in there though just be patient
Old 03-12-2010, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by cartman854
I can only answer 2 and 4.
2: it is VERY difficult from what I have read. Unless you are very good at taking your car apart, and have lots of time, dont try. You have to install all those temp sensors throughout the car is the reason, so no its not easy.
4: Id just put in the OEM one. I have my OEM one in and it looks fine, but I think you need a 3rd brake light. But if you dont want to go that road, cut a peice of plywood to that sizish, and cover in indoor/outdoor carpet that matches, prob cost like $5 and would look better than what you have there.
Hope it helps.
thanks
i have a third brake on my spoiler
but im terrible at fabricating but i guess thats my only way fuuhhh my fabrications never come out good. grr
Old 03-12-2010, 07:11 PM

goomzthegeneral ..FAIL??
Old 03-12-2010, 07:17 PM

goomzthegeneral ..FAIL??
i think he means it will sound like sh** i personaly liked mine with tweeters back there but to each his own

1. Is for the antenna?

was up with the big poppa sunglasses

Last edited by luke95gxe; 03-12-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:34 PM

goomzthegeneral ..FAIL??
rear speakers in your back deck = fail.

your sound stage will sound all off and HORRIBLE. google'd to the be the easiest to translate...

rear speakers should give a sense of space to the music, but not overpower the front speakers. You should be able to barely hear the rear speakers. If you are using rear speakers to add more bass/midbass to the system, at least use a crossover to cut off higher frequencies. A lot of hi-end systems don't even have any rear speakers. Tweeters are not necessary for the rear, a set of coaxials will work good for rear fill.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by goomzthegeneral
rear speakers in your back deck = fail.

your sound stage will sound all off and HORRIBLE. google'd to the be the easiest to translate...

rear speakers should give a sense of space to the music, but not overpower the front speakers. You should be able to barely hear the rear speakers. If you are using rear speakers to add more bass/midbass to the system, at least use a crossover to cut off higher frequencies. A lot of hi-end systems don't even have any rear speakers. Tweeters are not necessary for the rear, a set of coaxials will work good for rear fill.

alright makes sense. it was just a thought after seeing someone else do it and made sense in my head but yeah i guess you/theyre right.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:08 PM

is this what i have now
Old 03-12-2010, 09:25 PM

Yeah, goomzthegeneral is right. There's a reason Alpine and many other audio companies make their rediculous show cars into a single center seat. Sound waves are just that .... waves. If you have left and right speakers equidistant from you, then the waves hit your ear at the same time. Or, high end head units have time correction to delay the signal to each speaker by a few milliseconds so that the waves all get to the driver at the same time. This also makes your "sound stage" optimal, in addition to what was already stated about rear speakers. Infinity actually says the best location for speakers and tweeters is in the kickpanels, because you are making the distance from you to the speakers closer to equal. I probably over-explained that, but that's what happens when a 6 year car audio manager reads your post lol.

In short, tweeters in the rear pillars are possible, but a bad idea.

FYI: The antenna is 2 pronged because it's a diversity antenna. The max has 2 antennas, the power antenna and the top few lines of the rear glass, so there is a prong for each.

Last edited by RyanTaylorClark; 03-12-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:30 PM

is this what i have now
Is that a question, or a statement? The factory end looks like the end of this plug (as seen in your original pic). You need the exact opposite of that.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by RyanTaylorClark
Is that a question, or a statement? The factory end looks like the end of this plug (as seen in your original pic). You need the exact opposite of that.
Ok so what is it i need to buy?
an adapter?? or is it like in the picture, the other part is attached to the part i already have.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:20 PM

its metra 40ni-10 (the dual prongs at the end in ur pic are female instead of male)