4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Bought four new Dunlop tires - one is bad!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 07:47 AM

Bought four new Dunlop tires - one is bad!

I just bought a set of the Dunlop SP Sport A2's from Tirerack. One of the tires was scuffed up pretty badly along the edge of the tread (inside and out) around 1/3 of the tire. Tirerack was nice and apologetic and sent another one. I was hoping to have them installed today to let people know about their ride quality, but instead this is a friendly reminder for you to visually check your tires when ordering from these internet mail-order tire companies before you have them installed.
Old 12-12-2001, 08:34 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Bought four new Dunlop tires - one is bad!

So did they want you to send the bad tire back? If not, that'll make for a nice backup tire, assuming the damage is just cosmetic.

In any case, I'll be looking forward to a review on both dry and wet...

Thanks
Old 12-12-2001, 08:45 AM

Re: Re: Bought four new Dunlop tires - one is bad!

Originally posted by Mishmosh
So did they want you to send the bad tire back? If not, that'll make for a nice backup tire, assuming the damage is just cosmetic.

In any case, I'll be looking forward to a review on both dry and wet...

Thanks
they're sending out a new tire with a separate UPS pickup for the defective tire in 3-5 days. sounds like good customer service to me. dry and wet traction, road noise, tire noise, comfort...i'll let you know. it sure does have a strange tread design with it's two wide "channels".
Old 12-12-2001, 04:43 PM
vqman

DUNLOP's an EXCELLENT choice

I put Dunlop SP5000 205/50ZR15's on my 1998 SE Sentra, and when I bought my Maxima, I put 225/50ZR16's on it... they are a wonderful tire... The Sentra was much quieter with them than the stock Goodyear RS-A's...but I only noticed a handling improvement with the Maxima upgrade...

Old 12-12-2001, 04:52 PM

Re: Re: Re: Bought four new Dunlop tires - one is bad!

Originally posted by 95rubygxe

they're sending out a new tire with a separate UPS pickup for the defective tire in 3-5 days. sounds like good customer service to me. dry and wet traction, road noise, tire noise, comfort...i'll let you know. it sure does have a strange tread design with it's two wide "channels".
Tirerack has always given top notch customer service to me.

10+
A++
Highly recommended

Sounds like yours was a problem caused maybe by the shipper (or possibly in the warehouse) I've ordered 2x and had flawless experiences as well as excellent support/advice from their staff.
Old 12-12-2001, 07:15 PM

I bought Dunlop D60 A2 which is the predessor of the SP Sport A2. All I can tell are the tire are great. I can only imagine how much better yours are. I think this tire is an excellant choice for the sport tourning class. Quiet ride, great wet/dry weather handling. Good choice. I'm sure Tirerack will make good with you.
Old 12-29-2001, 12:46 AM

Ditto Jason..............

Originally posted by Jason96GLE
I bought Dunlop D60 A2 which is the predessor of the SP Sport A2. All I can tell are the tire are great. I can only imagine how much better yours are. I think this tire is an excellant choice for the sport tourning class. Quiet ride, great wet/dry weather handling. Good choice. I'm sure Tirerack will make good with you.
This is the second time for me with Dunlop D60A2........Love Them!
Old 12-29-2001, 12:52 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

WOOHOO!!

My 215/55/16 Dunlop SP Sport A2s are in the mail right now D60 received many awards for best all around tire. The A2 have nothing but positive feedback at tirerack. I went ahead and ordered them from tirerack as well.. best bargain and seem to be good from what i've been reading so far..... tirerack.com has top customer service, i got tires from there for my 1st maxima, my brother got tires there for his corolla, and now I'm getting another set for my new max... Their prices are probably some of the best u can find...

njmaxseltd: has recently gotten the same tires, go back a few pages, his review on them is there.... very positive.. quiet and sticky tire, great traction.. I can't wait to get mine!!!
Old 12-29-2001, 05:08 AM

Originally posted by 95rubygxe
I just bought a set of the Dunlop SP Sport A2's from Tirerack. One of the tires was scuffed up pretty badly along the edge of the tread (inside and out) around 1/3 of the tire. Tirerack was nice and apologetic and sent another one. I was hoping to have them installed today to let people know about their ride quality, but instead this is a friendly reminder for you to visually check your tires when ordering from these internet mail-order tire companies before you have them installed.
Did you have the tires sent to you or drop-shipped to the installer?

I'm planning on getting the RE950's in mid-Jan, bills are stacking up ya know? 0%, shmero percent creditors need to be paid monthly!

I think those A2's are very attractively priced, and they may even have the AA traction rating if I'm not mistaken. Just like the 950's better, they're not that much more.
Old 12-29-2001, 07:27 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

I had the Sprot A2's put on last Saturday. They are a great tire! The ride is very smooth and quiet. I took my 17" setup off the car for the winter here in NJ. Put the 16" 5 spokes back on with a new set of the A2's. I have stock springs and AGX's. The car handles excellent!! Almost the same as with the 17" SP8000 "Z" rated tires.

You guys are going to like the ride on them, smooth, quiet, tracking is excellent on the highway. 80 - 100 MPH with just 2 fingers on the steering wheel. VERY NICE!!!
Old 12-29-2001, 10:17 AM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
I had the Sprot A2's put on last Saturday. They are a great tire! The ride is very smooth and quiet. I took my 17" setup off the car for the winter here in NJ. Put the 16" 5 spokes back on with a new set of the A2's. I have stock springs and AGX's. The car handles excellent!! Almost the same as with the 17" SP8000 "Z" rated tires.

You guys are going to like the ride on them, smooth, quiet, tracking is excellent on the highway. 80 - 100 MPH with just 2 fingers on the steering wheel. VERY NICE!!!
i can hear these tires hum slightly 'til about 20mph, but after that all is forgiven: very quiet, good handling, AA traction, A temperature. at the moment, i have the fronts inflated to 34psi and rears to 32psi.
Old 12-29-2001, 10:28 AM

<insert> Phuong shaking head </insert>