4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

In need of your opinion....

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 10:53 AM

In need of your opinion....

I am thinking of changing my intake from a simple K&N on the Air Flow meter install to a cold air intake from Place Racing. My question is, Is it worth the trouble of the change over to do this? I mean, from what I've read, there's all these concerns regarding water and wet and dry installs. I know I can probably get an AEM bypass valve, but in wet weather is that going to affect my performance to the level that I would literally have to install the "dry" setup everytime it rains? Should I just go with the setup I have and forgo the hassle? Any input would be greatly appreciated, since I'm ready to order or not, based on people's real life experiences. Thank you in advance for your input.
Old 12-17-2001, 10:57 AM

The power you get is considerably more for the CAI. Yes it is worth it. If your nervous about water put a cover on it like the ones from Budget Exhaust it will help take care of that.

SuDZ
Old 12-17-2001, 11:01 AM

hehe..

are u going to be in 2 feet deep of water? i don't think so =P don't worry about it!!! i drive in the rain all the time hehe... no problem dude...if you install the CAI u'll know what i mean..the cone ish all the way up there..... doubt u'll get any water
Old 12-17-2001, 11:34 AM

Originally posted by SuDZ
The power you get is considerably more for the CAI. Yes it is worth it. If your nervous about water put a cover on it like the ones from Budget Exhaust it will help take care of that.

SuDZ
Not really that I'm nervous, cause I could put on an AEM valve. I guess my concern is really, How does water affect the performance of this intake? Because if it affects performance enough for the manufacturer to make a "dry" setup, then are they just trying to just sell more parts. I'm looking for "real" world situations, cause if all I have to is drive it and forget it, then I'm calling to order mine today. I appreciate the quick response and for trying to help me.
Old 12-17-2001, 03:24 PM

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900

Not really that I'm nervous, cause I could put on an AEM valve. I guess my concern is really, How does water affect the performance of this intake? Because if it affects performance enough for the manufacturer to make a "dry" setup, then are they just trying to just sell more parts. I'm looking for "real" world situations, cause if all I have to is drive it and forget it, then I'm calling to order mine today. I appreciate the quick response and for trying to help me.
Serioulsy, unless you are in a flood, not even a drop of water can get in there. The fender is screwed in place and the filter is protected all around. So, dont worry about it. It will probably never rain hard enough for it to make a difference, and if it does, you got bigger problems than your intake to worry about. Like your life.

DPW
Old 12-17-2001, 03:40 PM

If your really nervous put some hard plastic or something under there as a protective layer for now.

SuDZ