4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

95 Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 04:15 PM

95 Flywheel

Just wanted to get your guys take on buying a replacement flywheel, where did you go, what did you pay, any issues?

I bought a OE replacement from Advanced and the threads were all f*Cked up. It destroyed my clutch pressure plate mounting bolts so now im debating on what to do...

I will most likely try and find a 5spd max at a yard and get some of the bolts..
Old 02-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I got a fidanza....if you ever have to change your clutch again, the fidanza is nice because you only have to change the "wear" ring instead of re surfacing. Only cost 50 bucks for the ring. I would look for a used fidanza and buy a new ring or a new fidanza from one of the dealers. This is one of my fav mods btw.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:48 PM

I bought mine from pull-a-part for my 5 speed swap out of a 95 max. The flywheel cost me $16. No problems.

Last edited by mpvibes; 02-24-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:42 PM

I have a stock flywheel you can have. It probably needs to be re surfaced. Just pay for shipping and its yours.

Same deal with the bolts for the timing ring if thats what you need. I don't have extra bolts for the pressure plate itself but you should be able to get them easily from the stealership
Old 02-24-2011, 06:54 PM

Some of the early 95's have different flywheel configuration from the later models, the number of bolts to secure the timing ring in particular. Chances are you are fine though if you already replaced it with an advanced one.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by ampire
Some of the early 95's have different flywheel configuration from the later models, the number of bolts to secure the timing ring in particular. Chances are you are fine though if you already replaced it with an advanced one.
Yeah, I used a 95 maxima flywheel in my 98 maxima for my 5 speed swap.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:57 AM

Thank you for all your input. Ultimately I would like to go with a OEM, but I really do not think its worth the price. Like I said my OE replacement from Advanced Auto Parts has poor threads, and it chewed up half of my clutch bolts, I am debating on getting another in hope that it will be crafted a little better. Autozone doesn’t seem to have replacement flywheels, although they have a part number listing, it just says it cant be shipped to my house or to a store. Does anyone have any experience with a OE replacement from Autozone or Advanced, or any other parts places?

Thank you sergo, but I got a OEM clutch and they will not warranty a resurfaced flywheel. Apparently they never resurface them in these cars, only replace?
Old 02-25-2011, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by ls1forlife
Thank you for all your input. Ultimately I would like to go with a OEM, but I really do not think its worth the price. Like I said my OE replacement from Advanced Auto Parts has poor threads, and it chewed up half of my clutch bolts, I am debating on getting another in hope that it will be crafted a little better. Autozone doesn’t seem to have replacement flywheels, although they have a part number listing, it just says it cant be shipped to my house or to a store. Does anyone have any experience with a OE replacement from Autozone or Advanced, or any other parts places?

Thank you sergo, but I got a OEM clutch and they will not warranty a resurfaced flywheel. Apparently they never resurface them in these cars, only replace?
Is there a reason why you don't want to go with a fidanza?
Old 02-25-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by sergofast
Is there a reason why you don't want to go with a fidanza?
honestly..price.

for the price of a used(if i can find one) with a new insert or the price of a brand new one, i would much rather get a OEM flywheel from Nissan..I heard a few horror stories with them, and for the money i would just buy something i know will work well. for what i paid for my oem clutch i prolly could have got a nice performance job, but i like factory parts.

Last edited by ls1forlife; 02-25-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by ls1forlife
honestly..price.

for the price of a used(if i can find one) with a new insert or the price of a brand new one, i would much rather get a OEM flywheel from Nissan..I heard a few horror stories with them, and for the money i would just buy something i know will work well. for what i paid for my oem clutch i prolly could have got a nice performance job, but i like factory parts.
Go with an OEM.
Fidanza is nice (I have one), frees up a lot of power and it revs up really fast, but they are pricey.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by ampire
Go with an OEM.
Fidanza is nice (I have one), frees up a lot of power and it revs up really fast, but they are pricey.
do you know where i can get a OEM flywheel insert for cheap? i dont need the entire assembly..
Old 02-26-2011, 12:06 PM

So I returned my flywheel to Advanced, and they ordered me another. He said there is nothing he can do but order another one, because they are bought from a supplier. So well see how this one goes..