4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Cattman Ypipe Impression

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 10:22 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Cattman Ypipe Impression

I received my ypipe from the cattman group deal about a week ago. It sat in my house untill i got it installed yesterday. I must say that I really do not like it. It turned my maxima into some hard idling $hitbox. Don't get me wrong, this mod really improves performance, but its annoying. The car really pulls after about 4k rpms. Maybe its just my car, but I have a huge increase in the interior engine/exhaust noise as well. I can't stand it. When I start the car its like starting some camaro or something. You feel like a shake in the steering wheel, which makes you feel like you have a huge engine in it. The Ypipe does sound nice, I just wish there was an On/Off switch on it. It gets annoying, especially at stop lights. It sounds like the idle is too low and the whole car is vibrating. Also when I'm driving and the tranny shifts into 4th gear and stays around 1500 rpm, the car vibrates (including the rear view mirror). I might be selling it, but first I'll give it another week to see if i can live with it. Also when I installed the ypipe, the guy told me you do not have to unplug the battery unless you unplug the oxygen sensor. Is that right? Another thing he told me is that on the k&n filter I should find a way to get that air sensor inside the filter as it does affect if my car runs lean or rich. Could that be true also? Last, I blew out my front right strut, so my car feels like one of those giant cadillacs when it hits a bump. It just bounces like hell all over the road. I can't go over 80 without fearing I'd lose control. So what kind of strut should I get? Should I just change the springs at the same time? Btw, I paid 75 bucks to get my ypipe installed in queens.