4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

CD Changer mounting question

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2001, 08:44 AM

CD Changer mounting question

Hi guys.

I have been searching the forums for information on where to mount a CD Changer (in the trunk). Some have it under the parcel shelf and others in the nook on the driver's side. Does anyone have any pics of their trunk-mounted changers?
Old 12-23-2001, 09:25 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

I don't have a pic to show, but I mounted mine in the trunk under the parcel shelf, passenger side. Had the most metal available to drill and thread some nice screws in to hold it in place. Also the wire run was easier down the passenger side of the car IMHO. So it just made sense to put the changer on the passenger side as well.
Old 12-23-2001, 09:44 AM

I tryed under sit not comfortable to change the CDs I feel trunk is the best place and it looks more professional.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Albert\Desktop\cdchanger.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-23-2001, 10:05 AM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
I don't have a pic to show, but I mounted mine in the trunk under the parcel shelf, passenger side. Had the most metal available to drill and thread some nice screws in to hold it in place. Also the wire run was easier down the passenger side of the car IMHO. So it just made sense to put the changer on the passenger side as well.
thats what i did. and i ran the power cord on one side of my car and the signal wire on the other.
Old 12-23-2001, 11:39 AM

Originally posted by t2000j

thats what i did. and i ran the power cord on one side of my car and the signal wire on the other.
Ahhhhh. . .so you are the fabled one they refer to as "the wiseman."

I like your thinking: separate the power feed from the signal feed to reduce the possibility of electromagenetic signal interference.

Extra install hassle, but a good preventative measure.

Bravo.
Old 12-23-2001, 11:47 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally posted by t2000j

Power cord Signal wire

There was only one "CABLE" from the BOSE system to the CD changer.
Old 12-23-2001, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd

Power cord Signal wire

There was only one "CABLE" from the BOSE system to the CD changer.
FYI, my Sony changer came with RCA signal wires and a separate 4-pin control/power wire. I think most aftermarket changers are like that. Your BOSE is an exception.
Old 12-23-2001, 05:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think I have a few pics of the mount on my Maxima, which was recently removed when I got my Kenwood MP3 deck.

have no need for a Changer now, since I can fit 120 songs on one CD

Anyway, the pics are at www.cyberhub.net/maxpics.html

I just rebuilt my OS with Windows .NET Server, so give me a few minutes to set up IIS.

So if the link doesn't work, then try again in a few.
Old 12-23-2001, 08:59 PM

[i]thats what i did. and i ran the power cord on one side of my car and the signal wire on the other.[/B]
smart thinking, but you prob wasted your time...

i have never seen any kind of interferance with any size wire under 8 gauge. there aren't usually enough electrons flowing through a 14 ga. wire to cause any disruptances in your signal. if you were running a 300 watt or higher amplifier and you chose to feed it with the suggested 8 gauge wire, you might think about it then, but it should not be of any concern on a cd changer.
Old 12-23-2001, 09:07 PM

Ummmm.

Correction....

The link to the site is http://www.cyberhub.net/maxpics.htm

<minus the "l" at the end>

It is now up...IIS seems happy.

IanS
Old 12-23-2001, 09:34 PM

njmaxseltd: yeah i have an aftermarket jvc cd-changer with the new jvc kd-sh99 mp3 player

j-95G: you're probably true about that. but oh well i guess.

iansw: how's your kenwood mp3 player? my jvc one is pretty koo. i'm never gonna run out of songs now. with my mp3 player and my 12-disc changer.
Old 12-23-2001, 09:39 PM

I really like the kenwood.

The date that I bought it (last summer), it had some things no other MP3 deck did. Like FF and REW on MP3's, ID3 Tags, etc...etc.

Not sure what else is out right now, but I think the Z828 is still right up there features-wise.

And the sound is better than my $1200 Sony CDX-C910 was. I think this is because the Sony was a purely competition deck, and seperated the frequencies TOO well.

The Kenwood "blends" ALOT better, and sounds sweet for regular listening, although MY RTA scored are a point or two lower. This may just be tuning I need to do, which I haven't spent alot of time on lately....The only time I messed with my EQ was when I tried RTA'ing it....then I put it back to flat for regular listening, because the deck doesn't need it.

I was a little worried about an MP3 deck not sounding as good. I was wrong.