4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Good-bye maxima.org....

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 06:58 PM

Good-bye maxima.org....

Hi guys, I am regretfully leaving the Maxima community. I've owned my 1999 Maxima SE for 7 years and now has 205k on and still running strong and looks unbelievable. Not a mark on it. I felt it was time for a new car and decided that the newer Maximas are just too big and wide. So yesterday I bought a 2008 Acura TL, with 36k on it and a one owner. I love it. At least I'm sticking with Jap. I tried selling my Maxima privately for $3500. or best offer. The booked for that much and is in immaculate condition. Many teens looked at it with their daddys for a first car. The kids loved it, being a 5 spd and nice TSW 18" Nogaros on it. But as many people that looked at it, I think they were all scared sh*t of the mileage. The car burned or leaked no oil or anything. Guss some people are clueless to the longevity of these machines under proper maintenance.... Oh well. Got sick of the tire kickers and took it down to the dealer and surprisingly they gave me $2500 on a trade. I took it. So good-bye my awesome Maxima. Truly the best car I've EVER owned.
Good_bye guys.
Signing off.
Jeff
Old 04-17-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by 99SEL4ME
Hi guys, I am regretfully leaving the Maxima community. I've owned my 1999 Maxima SE for 7 years and now has 205k on and still running strong and looks unbelievable. Not a mark on it. I felt it was time for a new car and decided that the newer Maximas are just too big and wide. So yesterday I bought a 2008 Acura TL, with 36k on it and a one owner. I love it. At least I'm sticking with Jap. I tried selling my Maxima privately for $3500. or best offer. The booked for that much and is in immaculate condition. Many teens looked at it with their daddys for a first car. The kids loved it, being a 5 spd and nice TSW 18" Nogaros on it. But as many people that looked at it, I think they were all scared sh*t of the mileage. The car burned or leaked no oil or anything. Guss some people are clueless to the longevity of these machines under proper maintenance.... Oh well. Got sick of the tire kickers and took it down to the dealer and surprisingly they gave me $2500 on a trade. I took it. So good-bye my awesome Maxima. Truly the best car I've EVER owned.
Good_bye guys.
Signing off.
Jeff
In the end, you will be back on the org....
Old 04-17-2011, 08:13 PM

For a dealer, they gave you a pretty good chunk of change for it.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:27 PM

You will be back....they always come back lol
Old 04-17-2011, 09:09 PM

I'm shocked by what the dealer gave you too.

TL's are nice cars though. You will be back though. Once you've owned a Maxima, it will always be in the back of your mind.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:14 PM

When my 96 finally bites the dust I will try to get a 2000-2003 model. The ones that came after that are just to big and round...
Old 04-17-2011, 09:17 PM

good luck with the TL.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:56 AM

this is my first maxima and might i say wow i love it, i had an 87 honda with 90 ponies, or maybe less
Old 04-18-2011, 03:47 AM

Have fun with the TL. But go buy a trans cooler for it.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:36 AM

TLs are good cars. Dealer gave u a hella good trade-in.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:59 PM

I have to agree - once you go max, you always come back - I had abouta 5 yr hiatus, but came back to another max...
Old 04-18-2011, 06:52 PM

People, I have told you before, do not trade in your vehicles. IF you do, tell them you do not have one until you agree on a price for the vehicle you are purchasing.

Everyone talks about how shady dealers are. Everyone knows that they make their money or there will be no deal. Why then do people believe they are giving over wholesale? The idea is absurd!

They take the difference of aprox 50-90% of wholesale and the figure they give you and add it to the gross.

The better your credit, the more they make.

Enjoy your new car though. Not trying to be the party crasher, just helping others.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by 95nissmax
this is my first maxima and might i say wow i love it, i had an 87 honda with 90 ponies, or maybe less
this sounds like my life, before the 95 max i was looking at a buick regal lol and dodge intrepid
Old 04-23-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by adroitcaptor
People, I have told you before, do not trade in your vehicles. IF you do, tell them you do not have one until you agree on a price for the vehicle you are purchasing.

Everyone talks about how shady dealers are. Everyone knows that they make their money or there will be no deal. Why then do people believe they are giving over wholesale? The idea is absurd!

They take the difference of aprox 50-90% of wholesale and the figure they give you and add it to the gross.

The better your credit, the more they make.

Enjoy your new car though. Not trying to be the party crasher, just helping others.
I did that and was offered $1000 for trade. I decided to keep it since my other car was a pathfinder.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:31 PM

Miss mine sooo much
Love my stang just as much but I wish I had both
Old 04-23-2011, 06:31 PM

good luck with the tl! fell in love with them when the 05 body style came out and dont get me started on the type-s. im drooling right now...
Old 04-23-2011, 06:42 PM

YOU FAIL, AND WILL BE BACK!!! hell, 2,500??? my 95's got 217,000 and i was offered 2,000 by a local nissan dealer towards a new car and recently. if it was running good, why get rid of it??? i don't get people in here sometimes. best car i've ever owned.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:42 PM

I completely understand his decision. People get older, get better jobs, make more money, buy nicer cars. Hell I know I won't want to be driving the same car for more than 10+ years, I'd probably switch cars every 6 months if I had the cash to support it. Good luck with your new(ish) car!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tyutyunnik
I completely understand his decision. People get older, get better jobs, make more money, buy nicer cars. Hell I know I won't want to be driving the same car for more than 10+ years, I'd probably switch cars every 6 months if I had the cash to support it. Good luck with your new(ish) car!
thats the problem with people today, gotta rush into new cars every 2-3 years instead of sticking with a car thats reliable and timeless with an awesome motor. do i want a newer car?? hell yes!!! a 2000 to 2003 se maxima, thats as new as i want to go. and i will keep my 95 too. im kinda lookin for a 2001 anniversary edition, white. kinda
Old 04-24-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
thats the problem with people today, gotta rush into new cars every 2-3 years instead of sticking with a car thats reliable and timeless with an awesome motor. do i want a newer car?? hell yes!!! a 2000 to 2003 se maxima, thats as new as i want to go. and i will keep my 95 too. im kinda lookin for a 2001 anniversary edition, white. kinda
Why get a DE-K?
Old 04-24-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
You can't really call it "reliable" when its an old vehicle. Yes it may be more reliable than some other cars at the same age, but theres a certain peace of mind that you get when you buy a new car that you don't get when you buy a used car. Fact is ANY car < 2 years old and < 20,000 miles is more reliable than a 10 year old maxima, thats just the way it is.

Timeless wouldn't be the word I would use to describe a maxima, yes it looks good but a 2000 maxima won't exactly be an antique in 10 years, they age just like any other car. But it is true that the average lifespan of a vehicle is getting longer and longer by the year.

And just a reminder, the VQ was recently voted off the top 10 engine list.

I'm not hating on maximas, I'm just saying that there are a lot of other vehicles out there, and I would be ignorant for me to say that I have the best car and I'm just going to keep it forever. If you love it then go ahead and keep it, but don't call it a "problem these days" that people buy new vehicles.

You have to remember that there will always be something better that exists or that comes out every year, I'd like to be one of those people that keeps finding that awesome new car. I will probably be following in this mans footsteps within a year or two. You get curious when you drive other peoples cars and you want to experience new things. Plus I'm a little sick of the FWD aspect too. I love the maxima too but there will come a time when I will choose to move on. To each his own, I'm not here to fight over which car is better or more reliable, I'm just stating my opinion.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tyutyunnik
You can't really call it "reliable" when its an old vehicle. Yes it may be more reliable than some other cars at the same age, but theres a certain peace of mind that you get when you buy a new car that you don't get when you buy a used car. Fact is ANY car < 2 years old and < 20,000 miles is more reliable than a 10 year old maxima, thats just the way it is.

Timeless wouldn't be the word I would use to describe a maxima, yes it looks good but a 2000 maxima won't exactly be an antique in 10 years, they age just like any other car. But it is true that the average lifespan of a vehicle is getting longer and longer by the year.

And just a reminder, the VQ was recently voted off the top 10 engine list.

I'm not hating on maximas, I'm just saying that there are a lot of other vehicles out there, and I would be ignorant for me to say that I have the best car and I'm just going to keep it forever. If you love it then go ahead and keep it, but don't call it a "problem these days" that people buy new vehicles.

You have to remember that there will always be something better that exists or that comes out every year, I'd like to be one of those people that keeps finding that awesome new car. I will probably be following in this mans footsteps within a year or two. You get curious when you drive other peoples cars and you want to experience new things. Plus I'm a little sick of the FWD aspect too. I love the maxima too but there will come a time when I will choose to move on. To each his own, I'm not here to fight over which car is better or more reliable, I'm just stating my opinion.
bla, bla, bla, bla , it is a timeless body style, it is an awesome motor, f the newer cars cause thats a car payment and alot of people dont want that. i will step up to a newer max, but i like the 5th gen body style so it'll still be a used car, will it have problems??? probably, but i bet alot of op in here like to work on their cars, i know i do. do i get sick of looking at the same car, yes i do sometimes but i upgrade and fix things to make it different and better. so, in conclusion, max is better for so many reasons and i for one will stick to them.