4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

wires through the firewall

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 11:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

wires through the firewall

just wonderin where's the best place to run wires from the hood up through the firewall to the cabin and back out again?
Old 12-28-2001, 11:50 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

OK, here goes...

If you look aove and to the left of the dead pedal in the driver's footwell, you will find a very large grommet with a very large bundle of wires going through it.

To access this grommet, you simply remove all the wheel well liners from the left front wheel. From there you can run the wire up inot the engine compartment (between the brake master cylinder and the fender).

Easy to explain, hard to see till you get in there.
Old 12-28-2001, 11:59 AM

Believe it or not...

Originally posted by mzmtg
OK, here goes...

If you look aove and to the left of the dead pedal in the driver's footwell, you will find a very large grommet with a very large bundle of wires going through it.

To access this grommet, you simply remove all the wheel well liners from the left front wheel. From there you can run the wire up inot the engine compartment (between the brake master cylinder and the fender).

Easy to explain, hard to see till you get in there.
That's the easist way. I tried all the other ways people said but they weren't there on my car. This isn't actually as hard as it sounds. It took me maybe 20 minutes to run the switch for my strobes. You don't even need to take the wheel off.
-Cyrus
Old 12-28-2001, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Old 12-28-2001, 12:15 PM

Hmm, I made to take a look at that, right now I have my underbody switch ran the ghetto way going outside the cabin in the crevices of the engine and driver side door.
Old 12-28-2001, 12:18 PM

Do it...

Trust me it looks SO much more professional. I was lazy to at first, escpecially mzmtg's way, but after I did it all my friends complimented the work, and most importantly I could open my door all the way, not worried about exposing unsightly wires.
-Cyrus

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
Hmm, I made to take a look at that, right now I have my underbody switch ran the ghetto way going outside the cabin in the crevices of the engine and driver side door.
Old 12-28-2001, 12:19 PM

i see it

allright, thanks. yeah, people have told me ways ta do it and I can't find what they talkin about, but I found that grommet.
Old 12-28-2001, 12:34 PM

To run my power to my trunk, I ran the wire UNDER the car to the rear seat grommet (under the seat), then into the trunk.

I used zip-ties and alot of wire-loom, and it works great.

Took 5 minutes or so.

IanS
Old 12-28-2001, 12:43 PM

Re: i see it

Originally posted by blackmxma
allright, thanks. yeah, people have told me ways ta do it and I can't find what they talkin about, but I found that grommet.
Plus with the grommet it will not rub against so much metal leading to possible shorts damaging electrical things or cutting off the wire.

SuDZ