4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Can you guys beat my Si ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 09:17 AM

maybe one day you can have a turbo si and do something:

but until that day keep rewinding

http://racevideos.faction-zero.net/...../turbosi.mpeg
Old 01-03-2002, 09:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Can you guys beat my Si ??

In a word: No.

Originally posted by fdxsiboy
Stupid question I know but i had to ask i have a 99 civic si with only bolt on's such as a Dc catback exhaust, Dc 4-1 header, short shifter,aem cai... Will it be a race or no??
Old 01-03-2002, 11:42 AM

I got beat on by a SI , but it was one of those weird situations whether if you don't know if you're racing or not... anyways, i was going at about 60-70 mph and he starts going ahead of me and I'm just chilling, but then while he's ahead of me by a bit he looks over and I know its on. Since I have a 5-speed and the guys with 5 speeds know that when you're going about 65 mph and you shift into 3rd gear you simply just don't get enough power, so I lost . Its all good though.
Old 01-03-2002, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by norton2099
I got beat on by a SI , but it was one of those weird situations whether if you don't know if you're racing or not... anyways, i was going at about 60-70 mph and he starts going ahead of me and I'm just chilling, but then while he's ahead of me by a bit he looks over and I know its on. Since I have a 5-speed and the guys with 5 speeds know that when you're going about 65 mph and you shift into 3rd gear you simply just don't get enough power, so I lost . Its all good though.
you shift to third.. you hold the clutch.. dump it at 6000 rpms while rolling and go...
Old 01-03-2002, 12:04 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by norton2099
An automagic would have murdered him. Floor it at 65 and it drops into second at around 4000 rpm and just FLIES!
Old 01-03-2002, 12:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mzmtg

An automagic would have murdered him. Floor it at 65 and it drops into second at around 4000 rpm and just FLIES!
Yup that is why most automatic cars like the Maxima's are killer cars on the Highway up to a point.
Old 01-03-2002, 12:23 PM
SLOW

I've never gone head to head with an SI in a drag race, except my friend's who is DRAG Gen/3 turbo'd. He beats me pretty badly. I've lapped some on road courses though.
Old 01-03-2002, 02:55 PM

That video is truly ghey you can't tell if the other car did a ricer type takeoff or not... Can someone post a real race showing an si and a maxima...

Originally posted by SprintMax
the civic can never lose http://racevideos.faction-zero.net/s...civicsi-2.mpeg
Old 01-03-2002, 03:10 PM

That video is truly ghey you can't tell if the other car did a ricer type takeoff or not... Can someone post a real race showing an si and a maxima...

Dude, the short answer is that quite a few Maxima's can had you your ***, and you can beat others. Just leave it at that. BTW, have you ever run the 1/4?
Old 01-03-2002, 03:13 PM

well i was thinking about this post today during class and this kid in there has a stock SI (except for altezzas ) and we decided to go at it after class was over. well he brought a buddy with a newer integra LS H/I/E who said he walked his friend's SI all the time. anyways me and the SI went at it from a roll down 24hwy 30-110 i won by at least 5 cars. when we went from a light it was even worse. after that we pulled into a gas station and his friend with the Teg didn't want to race anymore. so there ya go man...
Old 01-03-2002, 04:18 PM

these threads never get anywhere... I don't know why people start them.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:37 PM
Administrator

wait hold up.. i can't believe i was about to argue with you about calling BS on a kill story with a 5spd Max and a Civic SI.. good thing i held myself back.. that would have been very embarssing..
Old 01-03-2002, 05:28 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by Nine7Max
these threads never get anywhere... I don't know why people start them.
Well, on most Honda boards, that initial challenge would have resulted in many many colorful and immature replies. Unfortunately, here, you only get intelligent replies involving past experiences, usually related in the proper context...
Old 01-03-2002, 05:49 PM

This thread is truly ghey you can't tell if the the other SI owners are morons or not... Can someone post a real thread showing an intelligent SI owner and a moron...

Old 01-03-2002, 06:17 PM

SHUT UP AND WATCH THE VIDEO!

MAXIMA vs SI
Old 01-03-2002, 06:24 PM

He did watch the video ... and obviously, the Maxima did a ricer fly-by ... because we all know how Honda Civic drivers, especially SI drivers never, ever do that...

Originally posted by gtr_rider
SHUT UP AND WATCH THE VIDEO!

MAXIMA vs SI
Old 01-03-2002, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by clee130
He did watch the video ... and obviously, the Maxima did a ricer fly-by ... because we all know how Honda Civic drivers, especially SI drivers never, ever do that...

like i said before.. the civic can never lose
Old 01-03-2002, 06:30 PM

ricer flyby????

This is the vid of Brianv
Old 01-03-2002, 06:52 PM

I know, this was fdxsiboy's response to the video:
Originally posted by gtr_rider
ricer flyby????

This is the vid of Brianv
Old 01-03-2002, 07:32 PM

This thread is truly ghey you can't tell if the the other SI owners are morons or not... Can someone post a real thread showing an intelligent SI owner and a moron...

Old 01-03-2002, 07:57 PM

ok....another question
anybody ever try to race a intergra GSR?
which one is faster? GSR or Maxima?

what about a prelude vs maxima?

lets say that both cars have intake and exhaust.......
Old 01-03-2002, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Old 01-03-2002, 08:08 PM

You are truly an *******... If you look at all my post's you uptight *****.. You will see I never really started anything I simply asked a simple question your fellow maxima homeys not all but a couple started talking ****, they started sounding like ****ing little kids which is sord of like how your sounding now...

I mean **** come on now I never started flaming you guys I never even said I can beat every maxima out there, I happen to know that maxima's are pretty quick I mean damn I almost died in one in 1995 I owned a 91 max Se , now I drive my si several days out of the wk but usually i keep it in my garage. Being that me and my family own several different cars I do happen to drive a 97 max se for the most part..

So before you start acting like a ****, calling me a moron read the whole post without being partial and you will see that I never really flamed anyone I got attacked first by your Cool Gxe driving jay25..

This is just about having fun not being an uptight ******* moderator which is what your coming across as...

And just for the record I have beat several maxima's and yes they were trying and no It wasn't a driver flyby or I didn't catch them by surprise.. You see I never even said that initially I'm bringing it up now since some of your fellow "Maxima.org guys" think they are invinsible.. And again not all just a few...

Oh and I started this thread basically because last night I beat my father in his maxima and i decided to see what you guys would say about the average si vs maxima race...

Now i know you are gonna lock this thread and probably ban me but its cool do what you want... I could care less... Ahh now i'm going to sleep....

Old 01-03-2002, 08:13 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Good night
Old 01-03-2002, 08:15 PM
Administrator

whats wrong with GXE's?
Old 01-03-2002, 08:17 PM

You are truly an *******... If you look at all my post's you uptight *****.. You will see I never really started anything I simply asked a simple question your fellow maxima homeys not all but a couple started talking ****, they started sounding like ****ing little kids which is sord of like how your sounding now...

I mean **** come on now I never started flaming you guys I never even said I can beat every maxima out there, I happen to know that maxima's are pretty quick I mean damn I almost died in one in 1995 I owned a 91 max Se , now I drive my si several days out of the wk but usually i keep it in my garage. Being that me and my family own several different cars I do happen to drive a 97 max se for the most part..

So before you start acting like a ****, calling me a moron read the whole post without being partial and you will see that I never really flamed anyone I got attacked first by your Cool Gxe driving jay25..

This is just about having fun not being an uptight ******* moderator which is what your coming across as...

And just for the record I have beat several maxima's and yes they were trying and no It wasn't a driver flyby or I didn't catch them by surprise.. You see I never even said that initially I'm bringing it up now since some of your fellow "Maxima.org guys" think they are invinsible.. And again not all just a few...

Oh and I started this thread basically because last night I beat my father in his maxima and i decided to see what you guys would say about the average si vs maxima race...

Now i know you are gonna lock this thread and probably ban me but its cool do what you want... I could care less... Ahh now i'm going to sleep....

YOUZ bout to get moded mi nezzie
Old 01-03-2002, 08:19 PM

whats wrong with GXE's?
Old 01-03-2002, 08:19 PM

Where are you located? If you want to race, I'm sure most of us would be more than glad to race you. And the Maximas you raced, they probably didn't have any performance mods and they were automatics too. Sorry, but I never loss to a Civic SI, even when I just had bolt ons. I didn't really have try real hard either. I haven't race any forced induction SI though.
Old 01-03-2002, 08:47 PM

Preludes, you would probably tie them.
I did when I had stock maxima and I have a 98 GLE
but if you mess up one thing, and those Vtec kicks in, they will slowly walk pass you.... slowly... don't get too scared.

Integra GSRs? ... I have no idea?

and for you maxima.org people...
Why are you even replying?
can't you see he just trying to **** with your minds!?!??!?!?!
now he gonna bring is civicsi.org members up here and starting posting and then make the site lag like hell and then we won't be able to post anymore and then jeff is going to make us pay money to get in this 4th generation section and then he is going to have to buy another faster server to support the .org and on and on and on and on...

^^ time to sleep sexima... nite nite
Old 01-03-2002, 09:37 PM

Old 01-03-2002, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by Don in Texas
So true, brotha, so true...
Old 01-03-2002, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by Ndo125
ok....another question
anybody ever try to race a intergra GSR?
which one is faster? GSR or Maxima?

what about a prelude vs maxima?

lets say that both cars have intake and exhaust.......

A Maxima against a GSR or Prelude will be a better, closer race. Civic SI on the other hand.
Old 01-03-2002, 10:28 PM

Originally posted by medicsonic
So true, brotha, so true...
Old 01-03-2002, 11:10 PM

Originally posted by Don in Texas
Old 01-04-2002, 05:13 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

whats wrong with GXE's?
The problem with GXEs is that they kick too much a$$...
Old 01-04-2002, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by mzmtg

The problem with GXEs is that they kick too much a$$...
YES!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2002, 07:45 AM

My, my ... what a temper you have there. At the risk of sounding corny, "Take a chill pill."

We provided you proof, video proof of a Maxima beating a SI, and you call the video "truely ghey" and want a "real race".

I saw no flames or anything else, until ... wtf ... why am I explaining myself to you?

This thread is so over... and if I was home last night, it would have been over then.