4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

parking brake boot fitup

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 07:29 PM

parking brake boot fitup

Hey. I am replacing the OEM boots in my 96 5 speed SE. I went to a local import shop to purchase a shift boot and parking brake boot. I ordered Momo to go with my pedals and shift **** which are Momo. There is a problem though. I took the parking brake boot out of the box and took it outside to my car to do a rough fitup to make sure the size was right. And it doesn't look like it will fit. It appears that the Momo boot is not going to cover the opening at the base of the handle. Has anyone else had fitup problems? I am probably going to take it back and get my money (50 bucks...yikes i know!!) back for the parking brake boot and just make my own like I've read some of you do. Wish me luck.
Old 01-04-2002, 09:02 PM

Re: parking brake boot fitup

Originally posted by amb4081
Hey. I am replacing the OEM boots in my 96 5 speed SE. I went to a local import shop to purchase a shift boot and parking brake boot. I ordered Momo to go with my pedals and shift **** which are Momo. There is a problem though. I took the parking brake boot out of the box and took it outside to my car to do a rough fitup to make sure the size was right. And it doesn't look like it will fit. It appears that the Momo boot is not going to cover the opening at the base of the handle. Has anyone else had fitup problems? I am probably going to take it back and get my money (50 bucks...yikes i know!!) back for the parking brake boot and just make my own like I've read some of you do. Wish me luck.
I don't know much about the Momo boot. I do know, however, that the new e-brake handles from Momo require a special braket for fitment with certain models of cars. Another tidbit...I have a Momo shift boot and Momo shift ****, and the shift **** screws into the shift boot. It could be that the e-brake boot is similiarly made to mate up with a Momo e-brake handle. Has anyone tried to install the Momo e-brake handle/boot yet?
Old 01-04-2002, 09:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

E-brake boot...

If you email Eric at www.leatherseats.com, he'll make one for you for around 50 bucks shipped...just in case your Momo dosen't work out
Old 01-04-2002, 09:58 PM

can i get your stock parking brake boot if its black???? pleeeease
Old 01-05-2002, 09:25 AM

My stock boot is black. I'm not too sure yet when I'm going to take the old one out and put a new one on. But if you want it...I won't have any use for it when I replace it. You interested in buying it? How soon were you wanting one? I'm only asking because I don't have much time right now to work on my Maxima because of work. So I don't know the time frame when I take on the task of changing it out. If you're not in a big rush either, then I don't mind letting you have dibs on it. Let me know.