4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Is it possible

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Is it possible

So my maxima sadly has sadly begun to show cancer around the spoiler third break light on my 96 SE. I have been debating on replacing it however I might go the alternative route and replace the trunk and not the spoiler and do a third break light from the spoiler to the window in the GXE model. Does anyone know if its possible as much as i love my spoiler and third break light I cannot restore it due to being in school. I can get the third break light from a junk yard but i wasnt sure if it just plugs and plays or not.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:41 PM
4th Gen Parts King

Wiring is already on the rear deck lid for the third brake light.
I would personally leave it off and take the chances of getting pulled over for it.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:45 PM

i'm gonna do this http://www.torontomaxima.com/forum/v...hp?f=4&t=10046 when my spoiler mounts crap out... ones already showing flaking rust
Old 07-18-2012, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Maxima_Joe
Wiring is already on the rear deck lid for the third brake light.
I would personally leave it off and take the chances of getting pulled over for it.

I've driven with only 2 brake lights for almost a year and never got pulled over for it. I did get ticketed for speeding but the trooper never noted that I only have 2 brake lights.

I extended the spoiler wiring so it could reach the rear window. I removed the spoiler light and threw it in the rear window to pass inspection last fall.

The shaded water collecting on the mounts would cause it to rust again. I patched up the 8 mounting holes and said good bye to that spoiler.