4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

driver side window electronics question

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 09:25 AM

driver side window electronics question

Anyone know how the window gets rolled up or down on the driver side window? Once you press the down/up button, it send voltage to wires? or?

if it does send voltage to the window motor, which wires is it? My switch seems to be non functional I can't find a replacement circuit board, so for now, i figured i'd do a temp reqire to another switch or sumthin.

Thanks.
Old 01-08-2002, 10:19 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

Re: driver side window electronics question

Originally posted by multiplexor
Anyone know how the window gets rolled up or down on the driver side window? Once you press the down/up button, it send voltage to wires? or?

if it does send voltage to the window motor, which wires is it? My switch seems to be non functional I can't find a replacement circuit board, so for now, i figured i'd do a temp reqire to another switch or sumthin.

Thanks.
It's all electronics, dude. I'm not sure if a regular switch would suffice. U need to look at a wiring diagram. ur local library prolly has a haynes manual for it. You'll find this car has much more electronics and digital mulitplexed communications between the 6 BCM/LCM computers throughout the car than most cars on the road.

I don't know for sure that the computers are wired into the windows, but I know that my remote will wind down the window if I hold the unlock button down for 2 seconds - that makes me think it's all computer controlled.
Old 01-08-2002, 10:24 AM

the junk yark is yor friend
Old 01-08-2002, 10:30 AM

My Haynes book is at home but for some reason my scanner quit working.
Did it happen right after your "LED install in door handle thing..."? Maybe you can recall where you touched and have another close look at it ...
Old 01-08-2002, 11:02 AM

Originally posted by jiaxima96
My Haynes book is at home but for some reason my scanner quit working.
Did it happen right after your "LED install in door handle thing..."? Maybe you can recall where you touched and have another close look at it ...
hehe yeah, right after... well the whole setup worked great... only problem is that the led part underneath, that's between the led circuit board, and the grey rubber, has pins sticking out. I cut them to as close to the solder as possible. It wasn't close enough though.
The wires were long enough to pierce through the grey rubber and touch a chip underneath. It sent power to the chip and burnt it. Ifi could find that chip, that would be great. hehe just remove and put the new one on. But where i could get that chip? hmm...

I tried calling a scrap shop, but didn't have that part (left circuit board)for the maxima. I could probably get one from nissan directly, but it would cost me a leg, an arm, and a couple toes, i'm sure...

i should have cut the leads a bit shorter, but i didn't boo.
Old 01-08-2002, 06:40 PM

Hi multiplexor,
Since my scanner is not working, I can only describe a little from Haynes book: for 95 and 96, the left front window regulator's two wires are Blue/Red and Blue/Black (actually all other three are the same colors). Oh I just found that the Blue/Black changes to Red/Black at the power window main switch terminal, not sure if it's a misprint, or it is so. BTW, that wire is for window "down", and the consistant Blue/Red wire is for window "up".
Other two wires from switch to Body Control Module: Red/Black, and Red/Yellow, and they are called "Data Line A", "Data Line B", respectively.
Hope I'm not confusing you multiplexor.
Old 01-08-2002, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by jiaxima96
Hi multiplexor,
Since my scanner is not working, I can only describe a little from Haynes book: for 95 and 96, the left front window regulator's two wires are Blue/Red and Blue/Black (actually all other three are the same colors). Oh I just found that the Blue/Black changes to Red/Black at the power window main switch terminal, not sure if it's a misprint, or it is so. BTW, that wire is for window "down", and the consistant Blue/Red wire is for window "up".
Other two wires from switch to Body Control Module: Red/Black, and Red/Yellow, and they are called "Data Line A", "Data Line B", respectively.
Hope I'm not confusing you multiplexor.
hmm interesting... i'm gonna be dropping by my brothers place to check out spark plugs, coil packs, and a bunch of other things...
i'll try and take the time and play with the wires, see if i can make my own button in the meantime.

Thanks a bunch. As usual, great help.
Old 01-08-2002, 10:42 PM

grab the circuit board from a junk yard for like 10 bucks!!! - no need to grab expensive and boring manuals