4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

where u driving ur 4th gen for the holidays!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:04 AM

where u driving ur 4th gen for the holidays!!!

yes its off topic but its that time of the year peeps and dont for get to winterrize your cars...anti-freeze check with the ***** tester as i call it check your belts so just in case there bad u dont break one when its 10 degrees out side in 3 ft of snow...if you have wheels take a spray bottle and get some baby oil add about half of water and half baby oil to keep salt from sticking to you wheels or where ever you want salt not to stick and comes off at the car wash with degresser what i use and works great....take some battery cables a can of fix-a-flat just in case u dont have a spare it will get you somewhere till you get some more air...just watching out for my former orgs....never hurts to be prepaired even tho its a ***** to get a tire off with fix a flat but...just figured to share this with u this is what i keep in my car and set off tools just in case
Old 11-10-2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by maxima2fst4u
yes its off topic but its that time of the year peeps and dont for get to winterrize your cars...anti-freeze check with the ***** tester as i call it check your belts so just in case there bad u dont break one when its 10 degrees out side in 3 ft of snow...if you have wheels take a spray bottle and get some baby oil add about half of water and half baby oil to keep salt from sticking to you wheels or where ever you want salt not to stick and comes off at the car wash with degresser what i use and works great....take some battery cables a can of fix-a-flat just in case u dont have a spare it will get you somewhere till you get some more air...just watching out for my former orgs....never hurts to be prepaired even tho its a ***** to get a tire off with fix a flat but...just figured to share this with u this is what i keep in my car and set off tools just in case
Are you providing serious advice? If so, you should organize your post using a list. The list should contain important things to do to winterize your car. Also, using proper grammar and sentence structure helps. I found it difficult to read your post.

Last edited by JAmerican; 11-10-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:08 PM

Translation, please...
Old 11-10-2012, 12:19 PM

I'm a little confused on the title. Do you mean "preparation for winter driving?"
Old 11-10-2012, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
Translation, please...
Hello, I would like to propose some winter preparation tips for my fellow .org members.
  • Test your anti-freeze to make sure that it is in proper condition.
  • Put baby oil and water in a spray bottle and spray your wheels and other parts of your car you do not to rust. This prevents salt from sticking to your car. It comes off the car will a little degreaser and elbow grease.
  • Check your belts and make sure they have not become brittle. You do not want to be stuck in 3 feet of snow when it is 10 degrees Fahrenheit out.
  • Be prepared on your drives. Carry a set of jumper cables and Fix-A-Flat. However, whenever I have used the tire sealant on a tire, it has created great difficulty when removing said tire. This is also great if you do not have a spare tire on your car.

One last thing I am inquiring of my .org acquaintances, where are you going for the holiday season?

Last edited by CichlidKid; 11-10-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by CichlidKid
Hello, I would like to propose some winter preparation tips for my fellow .org members.
  • Test your anti-freeze to make sure that it is in proper condition.
  • Put baby oil and water in a spray bottle and spray your wheels and other parts of your car you do not to rust. This prevents salt from sticking to your car. It comes off the car will a little degreaser and elbow grease.
  • Check your belts and make sure they have not become brittle. You do not want to be stuck in 3 feet of snow when it is 10 degrees Fahrenheit out.
  • Be prepared on your drives. Carry a set of jumper cables and Fix-A-Flat. However, whenever I have used the tire sealant on a tire, it has created great difficulty when removing said tire. This is also great if you do not have a spare tire on your car.
One last thing I am inquiring of my .org acquaintances, where are you going for the holiday season?

well he speaks jive.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:44 PM

ha didnt feel the need to make a list just put it all in one and i cant spell anyways so wouldnt matter lol