4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

did a RSB or FSB help u?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

did a RSB or FSB help u?

I know this has probably been asked before.. but since i'm impulsive and am considering purchasing a RSB and FSB, I was wondering if either of these mods will help to reduce steering wheel vibration at highway speeds?
Thanks in Advance!!!
Old 01-12-2002, 07:02 PM

Re: did a RSB or FSB help u?

Originally posted by Champagne97
I know this has probably been asked before.. but since i'm impulsive and am considering purchasing a RSB and FSB, I was wondering if either of these mods will help to reduce steering wheel vibration at highway speeds?
Thanks in Advance!!!
No. Steering wheel vibration at highway speeds is a result of improperly balanced tires. The FSTB and RSB should have been standard equipment on the Max (as they are on the Infiniti's) considering how much they improve the handling of the car. Get them.
Old 01-12-2002, 07:08 PM

Re: Re: did a RSB or FSB help u?

Originally posted by ljl10

No. Steering wheel vibration at highway speeds is a result of improperly balanced tires. The FSTB and RSB should have been standard equipment on the Max (as they are on the Infiniti's) considering how much they improve the handling of the car. Get them.
Ditto - time for a 4-wheel balance.

(Definitely get the mods., tho! RSB is most significant)
Old 01-12-2002, 07:23 PM

Re: Re: did a RSB or FSB help u?

Originally posted by ljl10

??????i30 comes with rsb?
Old 01-12-2002, 08:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: did a RSB or FSB help u?

Originally posted by costcowholesale

??????i30 comes with rsb?
I know FSTB's are on some of the Infinitis as standard equipment. But now that you mention it, I'm not sure about RSB's....
Old 01-12-2002, 08:52 PM

Yes.

Of all the handling mods I have (the ones that I can speak of), the FSTB was the most help. I have FSTB, RSB, Sprints, 17"s wheels, and Yokohama tires. FSTB really makes the chassis lean significantly less.
-Cyrus
Old 01-12-2002, 08:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Could also be bent rim

I took my car in for a balance on Friday because of a vibration at highway speeds. Ended up having a slightly bent rim. Anybody want to buy it?
Old 01-12-2002, 09:43 PM

Re: Could also be bent rim

ya the mods are def. worth it
Old 01-12-2002, 09:51 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

if its an impulse buy it will be one with great rewards!

my FSTB helped. my front end (structurally speaking) is more rigid. its noticeable in the steering wheel. i noticed a reduction in vibration (not like the steering wheel turning left-and-right/shaking like an imbalanced wheel/tire would cause, but a very, very subtle tuning-fork-like buzz) and much less kickback to the steering wheel when i encounter road irregularities. steering is smoother and it takes a bit more effort to turn at speed (which i like). i have better feel of the road (almost like an integra i had).

a rsb shouldnt effect steering wheel vibration (the obvious being that its bolted to the rear suspension), but RSB in general terms typically will help in leveling the ride in undulations (straight line or a curve). performance/handling-wise a RSB will kick ****!

get both dammit!!!!
Old 01-12-2002, 10:05 PM

yeah - i like what the sway bars have done on my friends maxima.....can u name the brands that give the best bang for the buck, and at the same time the brand that gives the absolute best quality regardless of price (for both the rear and front).
Old 01-12-2002, 10:11 PM

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
yeah - i like what the sway bars have done on my friends maxima.....can u name the brands that give the best bang for the buck, and at the same time the brand that gives the absolute best quality regardless of price (for both the rear and front).
Addco - best bang for the buck
Stillen - best

Not aware of anyone going for a bigger FSB, so maybe someone else can chime in on that if they know anything. . .
Old 01-13-2002, 01:48 PM

Juss Do It