4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

few questions about seat/light options

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 07:29 PM

few questions about seat/light options

this summer i'm planning on swapping from a tan leather interior to a black interior. and although i highly prefer the look of black leather...i live in hawaii. leather in general can be problematic year round (i always sit on a towel when i drive) and it just isn't worth caring for if i don't even get to appreciate sitting on it. i've searched for a while and it seems like when people swap seats into their 4th gen, it's either from another year/gen, or racing seats. what kind of options do i have if i want fabric seats that are comfortable and aesthetically pleasing?

also, i really don't like how my headlights produce blurry, yellow, and dim lighting. i think HIDs are nice, but i can't justify spending that much money on lights. is there anything else i can do/buy within a more conservative price range?

last question is about red/white tail lights. i've seen some people mention a diy way to get them with stock tail lights, but i haven't seen anyone actually provide information on that. is it possible? if not, where else can i find the red/whites besides ebay? i'm looking around and they kill me with shipping >.>
Old 04-26-2013, 08:07 PM

ebay, ebay, and ebay
Old 04-26-2013, 08:33 PM

wahhhh, i live in hawaii and my seats too hot and i want a black leather interior to roast my a$$. you my friend need cloth
Old 04-26-2013, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by theblackone3.5
ebay, ebay, and ebay
thank you for this incredibly informative and relevant post

Originally Posted by max ride 41
wahhhh, i live in hawaii and my seats too hot and i want a black leather interior to roast my a$$. you my friend need cloth
*sigh* i said that i think the black leather looks great but i've been driving around with tan leather for a couple years and i was never a fan of it, so i want fabric seats
Old 04-26-2013, 09:16 PM

well, did you look in the classified section??? i know there's a million sets of cloth seats in there, take a look.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
well, did you look in the classified section??? i know there's a million sets of cloth seats in there, take a look.
...i'm not looking for 4th gen cloth seats though -.- i'm trying to scope out my options for compatible seat replacements/see what other people with similar problems did
Old 04-26-2013, 09:33 PM

I say get some black 350z cloth seats or G35 seats and roll with it. You'll understand once you sit in one... It caresses so nicely
Old 04-27-2013, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Perseus
this summer i'm planning on swapping from a tan leather interior to a black interior. and although i highly prefer the look of black leather...i live in hawaii. leather in general can be problematic year round (i always sit on a towel when i drive) and it just isn't worth caring for if i don't even get to appreciate sitting on it. i've searched for a while and it seems like when people swap seats into their 4th gen, it's either from another year/gen, or racing seats. what kind of options do i have if i want fabric seats that are comfortable and aesthetically pleasing?

also, i really don't like how my headlights produce blurry, yellow, and dim lighting. i think HIDs are nice, but i can't justify spending that much money on lights. is there anything else i can do/buy within a more conservative price range?

last question is about red/white tail lights. i've seen some people mention a diy way to get them with stock tail lights, but i haven't seen anyone actually provide information on that. is it possible? if not, where else can i find the red/whites besides ebay? i'm looking around and they kill me with shipping >.>
1.) Search
2.) Search again
3.) And search again

There are countless threads on all 3 of your questions, SEARCH!

This isn't "spoonfeedthenoob.org"
Old 04-27-2013, 07:13 AM

Old 04-27-2013, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
1.) Search
2.) Search again
3.) And search again

There are countless threads on all 3 of your questions, SEARCH!

This isn't "spoonfeedthenoob.org"
i have. headlights - everyone only talks about HIDs, can't really find anything on red/whites other than led conversions, and for seats, as i mentioned in the op, people only talk about swapping in racing seats or seats from different years/gens. and i guess 350z/g35 seats. if you can find something that may be helpful to me through searching then great, please share it.

Last edited by Perseus; 04-27-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Perseus
i have. headlights - everyone only talks about HIDs, can't really find anything on red/whites other than led conversions, and for seats, as i mentioned in the op, people only talk about swapping in racing seats or seats from different years/gens. and i guess 350z/g35 seats. if you can find something that may be helpful to me through searching then great, please share it.
Countless headlight bulb threads
Countless red/clear taillight threads
Countless seat threads