4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

i got a ticket for altezzas

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 05:41 AM
xarfox

i got a ticket for altezzas

Worthless cops in my area started going on a ticket crazy binge. I got passed by 2 cops on the highway, they were going like 100 they almost slammed into me.

As I am gettin off the ramp another one comes outta nowhere and pulls me over.

First of all here are the real crimes I did: stickers not displayed properly, white bulbs in turn signals, one headlight out, windows too dark, and doin 70mph in a 55.

Here is what moron gives me a ticket for: My altezza lights have a white bulb in them and it looks like a reverse light even though they are DOT and SAE certified and the instructions say to use the factory lights (which are all white). $94....

Anyone else get this ticket? Anyway that I can fight it??

Old 01-16-2002, 05:45 AM

Re: i got a ticket for altezzas

Originally posted by xarfox
Worthless cops in my area started going on a ticket crazy binge. I got passed by 2 cops on the highway, they were going like 100 they almost slammed into me.

First of all here are the real crimes I did: stickers not displayed properly, white bulbs in turn signals, one headlight out, windows too dark, and doin 70mph in a 55.

Here is what moron gives me a ticket for: My altezza lights have a white bulb in them and it looks like a reverse light even though they are DOT and SAE certified and the instructions say to use the factory lights (which are all white). $94....

This does not require fighting.. As long as you make repairs in 0 days you only pay $5.. Read your ticket.. Put the old lamps on and take to your police dept so they can sign off that it is good.. then revert back when you leave.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:58 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: i got a ticket for altezzas

Originally posted by cbr2

This does not require fighting.. As long as you make repairs in 0 days you only pay $5.. Read your ticket.. Put the old lamps on and take to your police dept so they can sign off that it is good.. then revert back when you leave.
...and get another ticket.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Did he give u a ticket for your altezz? or because of the white bulbs in the corners?
Old 01-16-2002, 06:09 AM

Altezzas should not give you a ticket onto themselves, but if you chose to use white instead of amber then you've got a problem..
Old 01-16-2002, 06:13 AM

Hmmm >>

Originally posted by HondaKiller718
Altezzas should not give you a ticket onto themselves...
Please read:

http://fmvss108.tripod.com/taillamps.htm
Old 01-16-2002, 06:18 AM

Re: Hmmm >>

Originally posted by Albertt

Please read:

http://fmvss108.tripod.com/taillamps.htm
I live in maryland, so that link is telling me that they are illegal?
Old 01-16-2002, 09:08 AM

This link only states a Federal safety standard >>

Originally posted by Cashj2002

I live in maryland, so that link is telling me that they are illegal?
Whether Maryland has decided to use this standard and draft it into law I don't know. As Bill and Sprint like to tell me...do a search.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:12 AM

This is a warning ... next time you call a police officer "worthless" and a "moron", you get your thread locked and deleted.

Old 01-16-2002, 09:16 AM

Originally posted by clee130
This is a warning ... next time you call a police officer "worthless" and a "moron", you get your thread locked and deleted.

Why u say that????
Old 01-16-2002, 09:20 AM

Re: Re: Re: i got a ticket for altezzas

Originally posted by Cashj2002

Why u say that????
your just not supposed to put down the crime fighters.....you may think of them in negative ways.....but they are still the same people that you call when you get yourself into trouble..... my $0.02
Old 01-16-2002, 09:50 AM

[screaming in frustration]

ALTEZZA LIGHTS ON A MAXIMA ARE ILLEGAL ANYWHERE IN AMERICA. THEY DON'T HAVE THE REQUIRED SIDE REFLECTOR. IF YOU GET A TICKET FOR MODS YOU SHOULD KNOW ARE ILLEGAL DON'T F*CKING B!TCH ABOUT IT.

[/screaming in frustration]

There have been way too many threads about this. When you mod your car you accept the risk of tickets for illegal equipment. If I get pulled over for my clear corners I'm not going to b!tch about it, because even though there are amber bulbs inside, they're still illegal.

...and before you say it, there's no such thing as "DOT certified". That's bullsh!t. The DOT does not certify any aftermarket parts.

The moral of the story is, research before you mod.

I'm usually a nice guy, I swear...
Old 01-16-2002, 09:53 AM

Thank you, considering the fact, that I am a cop.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:54 AM
I'm needing a caw

Know the law before putting aftermarket stuff on your car. Ignorance of your state law makes you ignorant. It doesn't make the officers morons.

If you think you are right, take it to court and fight it. If you admit guilt, pay the man and call it a day. Complaining about it doesn't accomplish either.
Old 01-16-2002, 11:32 AM

AHHHHHH! Maxima Altezzas are illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why cant people just understand that? Do a search, theres like 50 thread on this

DPW
Old 01-16-2002, 11:41 AM

hey clee you said that same thing last time, btw riot would u personally pull someone over for an offense like that?
Old 01-16-2002, 11:51 AM
xarfox

okay fine

I'm not gonna say worthless or moron but just take my personal story from about a month ago and call it what you want:

I get jumped...

I run away...

They still attack...

I stab a few people to get them off my back...

I go to the police to tell them what happened...

I get arrested and now I have charges against me...

The other people have no charges AND I might add, they harass me and I have no protection against it because I am the criminal...

Plus i broke my wrist and had 4 stitches in two spots on my hand!

Whattya think about that smarty pants.... maybe you'll be next

Old 01-16-2002, 12:03 PM

The cop probably owned a maxima and gave you a ticket because the altezzas are fugly (IMO, of course).
Old 01-16-2002, 12:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Max_Gator
The cop probably owned a maxima and gave you a ticket because the altezzas are fugly (IMO, of course).
Old 01-16-2002, 01:04 PM

Re: okay fine

I'm not gonna say worthless or moron but just take my personal story from about a month ago and call it what you want:

I get jumped...

I run away...

They still attack...

The other people have no charges AND I might add, they harass me and I have no protection against it because I am the criminal...

woah
Old 01-16-2002, 01:11 PM

I get jumped...

I run away...

They still attack...

i understand why you feel the way you do
Old 01-16-2002, 01:16 PM

Ummm ... ok...

I get jumped...

I run away...

They still attack...

Old 01-16-2002, 01:17 PM

I did... didn't I? Hmmmm ... perhaps I'm in a better mood today... but if this thread gets any worse... it just might head towards lockdown.

Originally posted by RedMax95

hey clee you said that same thing last time, btw riot would u personally pull someone over for an offense like that?
Old 01-16-2002, 01:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: i got a ticket for altezzas

I did... didn't I? Hmmmm ... perhaps I'm in a better mood today... but if this thread gets any worse... it just might head towards lockdown.

Especially when the threats come into play.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:22 PM

Personally I don't see anything wrong with that, but the law is the law. There is not much I can do about that, on slow night I would. I would not issue a ticket.
Plus I am still a rookie, so I ride with the "boss".
Old 01-16-2002, 07:08 PM

Soooo....you have criminal assault w/ deadly weapon charges (Riot, correct me if I'm wrong on the name of that crime), and you'ce got free access to driving, and Maxima.org? I doubt that.

And you're typing?

I'm waving the BS Flag...And I think you're probly BSing about "Stabing them", too.

RRR! AFTER 9/11 WHY do people STILL get mad at COPS! I've had an accident and a ticket with a none-too-nice officer, But I'm still gonna respect them, even if I got caught Racing! Dammit, those guys died for strangers in NY and DC! LAY OFF EM! THEY'RE DOING THEIR JOB!!

Somebody should delete this thread,
Old 01-16-2002, 07:24 PM

you should get a ticket for Altezza's
Old 01-17-2002, 06:07 AM
xarfox

yeap

yea its me typing

obviously you never heard of "bail"

next time people try to kill you i'm sure you'll do the same thing

what terrible photoshopping skills on that altezza fire

Old 01-17-2002, 07:18 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

Re: yeap

yea its me typing

obviously you never heard of "bail"

next time people try to kill you i'm sure you'll do the same thing

what terrible photoshopping skills on that altezza fire
Why were you carrying a knife? Is your charge related to illegally carrying a weapon?

I knew a guy who was attacked in a bar by a guy punching him. His response was to break a bottle and cut the attacker's face to tatters. He served 18 months in prison for Grevious Bodily Harm. The thing with self defence is you can only use an equal or lesser amout of force. Different countries/states have different laws - in England if you use a knife on an attacker who does not have a knife, then you are in trouble. In Texas USA, you may use lethal force to prevent a burglar from *escaping* with your property if you were burgled at night. They call it the Toaster Law, after a case where a 13yo kid was shot in the back and killed by a homeowner as the kid was running away with a stolen toaster. Ruled justfied.
Old 01-17-2002, 01:38 PM

Re: Re: yeap

good old texas law huh? im from tx btw
Old 01-17-2002, 02:59 PM

take to police precinct

Is there like a 24hour limit within that ticket that you recieve that you can change to legal standards and take to police station to pay that $5 only instead of the entire ticket?
Old 01-17-2002, 07:18 PM
xarfox

nope

someone mentioned that

i called a few precints and they laughed at me

maybe in some states...not PA

my lawyer said that it is legal to carry a knife to defend yourself...you don't even have to get jumped , if the person you are fighting is much bigger than you and you are scared you can use it

Old 01-17-2002, 08:31 PM
U wanna try me young boy?

Re: Re: Re: yeap

good old texas law huh? im from tx btw :-D
I ain't never gonna touch ur toaster, man!!

Tx is cool. They don't mess about.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:55 PM

Why do you every bother having a lamp on the side of the altezzas it makes it look busted. Just leave the lights in the circles. dont put anything in the sides. I dont think it will make anypoblems because it blinks when you turn and back up light lights up. Good Luck
Old 01-17-2002, 09:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: yeap

Originally posted by Scruit

I ain't never gonna touch ur toaster, man!!
Tx is cool. They don't mess about.
the slogan for our highway ads is "dont mess with Texas"
Old 01-17-2002, 09:22 PM

Originally posted by 93_MaxSpeedMark
Soooo....you have criminal assault w/ deadly weapon charges (Riot, correct me if I'm wrong on the name of that crime), and you'ce got free access to driving, and Maxima.org? I doubt that.

And you're typing?

I'm waving the BS Flag...And I think you're probly BSing about "Stabing them", too.

RRR! AFTER 9/11 WHY do people STILL get mad at COPS! I've had an accident and a ticket with a none-too-nice officer, But I'm still gonna respect them, even if I got caught Racing! Dammit, those guys died for strangers in NY and DC! LAY OFF EM! THEY'RE DOING THEIR JOB!!

Somebody should delete this thread,
In my personal opinion I find it incredably difficult to respect the cops in rural NJ and in virginia who have nothing better to do but to pull people over for meaningless crap like altezzas and illuminated licence plate. I'm always getting pulled over for stupid crap. I keep it one still. has anyone been killed by my altezzas? no. they are just bored and looking for someone to get money to support there municipal building. However, I greatly support REAL cops that deal with tough situations...WTC...Pentagon. And the cops from NYC and philly. they have other serious things to worry about. not fukin altezzas. I would never have what it take to work as a cop in NYC and for that I deeply repect thier work. They are real cops. altezza fines are for the fake wanna be cops. That is my opinion. I'm sure one of you will contradict my opinion on bored doughnut eating cops on Rt9 in manalapan.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:25 PM

I get jumped...

I run away...

They still attack...

Your just the dumbest person I have ever seen in my life, the fact that you post this type of crap on a public board with cops roaming it makes you an even dumber moron.
Old 01-17-2002, 09:44 PM

aight...u can't have WHITE or AMBER in the little corner lights of the altezzas...cause they stay on ALL the time when ur lights are on...u can put RED...or else convert that little side light to turn signals and put amber in there so they on turn on when u put the turn signal on
Old 01-18-2002, 07:19 AM

Maybe you should analyze why you're "always" getting pulled over >>

Originally posted by 88MaximaSE
...I'm always getting pulled over for stupid crap. I keep it one still.
It's obvious that your car attacts attention, and that your driving style invites problems with the law. Get rid of the rice accessories and slow down. I garrantee that if and when you do this, you'll stop getting pulled over "for stupid crap".