4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Just got my Stillen Body kit and...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 02:15 PM

Just got my Stillen Body kit and...

I think its crap. It looks too plain, I'm sorry but it looked different in the pictures. It looks like its real high quality but its too damn plain, I wanted something more radical. And I don't know if its supossed to be like that but there is no back piece, just two little corner pieces. Oh well I spent $700 so I guess I'll have to put it on. As soon as somebody comes out with a new one that I like, you can look for this one in the for sale forum. Here is some advise for someone who is considering buying one...don't. Get coilovers instead and drop your car really low, It looks better and if you get good struts then your ride is also better

Vitas
99 Beige Maxima GXE
8,000 Miles
Automatic(someday a 5spd)
Old 01-17-2002, 02:30 PM

Just FYI

The back pieces are only corner pieces so the kit is complete.
Old 01-17-2002, 03:08 PM
BlkCat

Re: Just got my Stillen Body kit and...

Originally posted by vitas
I think its crap. It looks too plain, I'm sorry but it looked different in the pictures. It looks like its real high quality but its too damn plain, I wanted something more radical. And I don't know if its supossed to be like that but there is no back piece, just two little corner pieces. Oh well I spent $700 so I guess I'll have to put it on. As soon as somebody comes out with a new one that I like, you can look for this one in the for sale forum. Here is some advise for someone who is considering buying one...don't. Get coilovers instead and drop your car really low, It looks better and if you get good struts then your ride is also better

Vitas
99 Beige Maxima GXE
8,000 Miles
Automatic(someday a 5spd)
HUH???? I don't get it!!
I had to read your msg over and over again to make sure I read you right...
You already knew what it looked like on a Maxima from people's sig pics and the Stillen site, and what have you and yet you complain that its too plain after you bought it? It looks different from the pics? What pics are you talking about?

Old 01-17-2002, 03:24 PM

Re: Re: Just got my Stillen Body kit and...

Originally posted by BlkCat

HUH???? I don't get it!!
I had to read your msg over and over again to make sure I read you right...
You already knew what it looked like on a Maxima from people's sig pics and the Stillen site, and what have you and yet you complain that its too plain after you bought it? It looks different from the pics? What pics are you talking about?
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but it looks nice and simple on other people's cars but when I got it, I wan't expecting to get 5 little pieces. Anyway I shouldn't jump to conclusions, I don't even know how it looks on my car yet. Oh and I also have a question, I'm confused about whether it should be painted while its one the car or seperately?
Old 01-17-2002, 03:38 PM
BlkCat

Re: Re: Re: Just got my Stillen Body kit and...

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but it looks nice and simple on other people's cars but when I got it, I wan't expecting to get 5 little pieces. Anyway I shouldn't jump to conclusions, I don't even know how it looks on my car yet. Oh and I also have a question, I'm confused about whether it should be painted while its one the car or seperately?
The pieces don't come painted and yes, it does come in 5 pieces.

You can paint them separately and mount it afterwards like I did or you can mount them and paint it. Your choice.
The pieces have to be sanded down properly and then painted with a flex agent/ paint mixture.

Old 01-17-2002, 03:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: Just got my Stillen Body kit and...

It's going to look the same on your car as it does on every other Maxima you've seen pictures of. If you liked those pictures then you'll like how it looks on your car. Why does it bother you that you got 5 pieces? Thats how the kit is made. The two rear pieces go on the corners and taper down to nothing in the middle of the car.
Bring the kit to a body shop, have them paint it to match your car then take it home and install it yourself. If you're afraid to do that, then leave the car with them and have them install it. Paint it BEFORE you install it.
You should have done a little more research before spending $700.