4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

complete interior revamp of my 95 maxima

Old 12-02-2013, 11:53 AM

complete interior revamp of my 95 maxima

My poor maxima was abused by the previous owner and the interior is ruined. I found an old I30 in a junk yard and got all the seats from it and my father is going to do custom red leather for the middle of the seats. My carpet was shot and I am doing red carpets with black inserts. The only thing I couldn't figure out was what to do with the plastics, when my friend said I should carbon fiber vinyl the dash and all the other plastics. It sounds like a good idea but how much vinyl would that be? Does anyone have any idea? And also how difficult is it to remove a dash in a 95 maxima? Thanks
Old 12-02-2013, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Feldman
My poor maxima was abused by the previous owner and the interior is ruined. I found an old I30 in a junk yard and got all the seats from it and my father is going to do custom red leather for the middle of the seats. My carpet was shot and I am doing red carpets with black inserts. The only thing I couldn't figure out was what to do with the plastics, when my friend said I should carbon fiber vinyl the dash and all the other plastics. It sounds like a good idea but how much vinyl would that be? Does anyone have any idea? And also how difficult is it to remove a dash in a 95 maxima? Thanks
Contact the "Wizard"
You can look up his screen name in the members area of the forum. He is known as the "carbon fiber addict" lol
Old 12-02-2013, 06:37 PM

Would have to agree with the above post. Haven't met him yet but from what I've seen around here, nobody beats "The Wiz" when it comes to carbon fiber...lol
Old 12-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Nick Feldman
The interior of my '95 is a wreck too (due to having 2 kids and just wear and tear on 18 year-old leather).

I wish I had the time and inclination to update and fix it. Wonder what kind of cash outlay it would be to have someone re-carpet and re-do my leather seats like your doing. Maybe I'll make a project of it someday as we finally picked up another car, leaving the Maxima as a spare, for now.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by mikeg75
The interior of my '95 is a wreck too (due to having 2 kids and just wear and tear on 18 year-old leather).

I wish I had the time and inclination to update and fix it. Wonder what kind of cash outlay it would be to have someone re-carpet and re-do my leather seats like your doing. Maybe I'll make a project of it someday as we finally picked up another car, leaving the Maxima as a spare, for now.
I don't think carpet is much, but custom leather seats is going to be a ton
Old 12-03-2013, 02:18 PM

Carpet would run around $200, and seats would run around $400(each) for buckets, more for bench. Of course it depends on where you are and who you go to. And the dashboard isn't necessarily difficult to remove in any car, but it's very time consuming with everything you have to remove to get it out.

Posted from Maxima.org App for Android