4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

anyone got a camber kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 03:49 AM

anyone got a camber kit?

I was talking with my friend and he insisted that if i drop my car with kyb agx struts and b & g springs, and add on 17's they will wear more in the center or outside of the tire do to the camber being off.....before i get my suspension stuff, should i consider the camber kit????
Old 01-27-2002, 06:09 AM

Re: anyone got a camber kit?

Originally posted by 96'i30Man
I was talking with my friend and he insisted that if i drop my car with kyb agx struts and b & g springs, and add on 17's they will wear more in the center or outside of the tire do to the camber being off.....before i get my suspension stuff, should i consider the camber kit????
You won't need a camber bolt kit with the B&G's. You only need the camber kit if you drop 2" or lower. The B&G's are a 1.6" drop. No worries.

(Btw, lowering causes "negative camber" which if excessive, can cause premature wear on the "inside" and/or center tread blocks, not the outside)
Old 01-27-2002, 07:53 AM

Re: anyone got a camber kit?

Originally posted by 96'i30Man
i've got a camber kit on mine... but then again mine is dropped alittle over 2" ... (two fingers depth gap in the wheel well)... gotta protect my investment right? (tires)...
Old 01-27-2002, 09:41 AM

Re: Re: anyone got a camber kit?

Originally posted by hooktup98SE

i've got a camber kit on mine... but then again mine is dropped alittle over 2" ... (two fingers depth gap in the wheel well)... gotta protect my investment right? (tires)...
How much are camber kits and where to buy? I am considering getting coilovers.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2002, 11:12 AM

Re: Re: Re: anyone got a camber kit?

Originally posted by nigelcmf

Thanks
If you get coilovers, you do not need a camber kit, as the coilovers come with a camber adjuster plate already.

I have the camber bolts for my car (Ingalls) and I hate them. Even tightening them up to 80lb/ft, they tend to loosen over time and I have to adjust them every now and then. Pretty disgusting when I am driving and then suddenly my steering wheel is crooked because the stupid camber bolts have loosened up on me. I called Ingalls and they said, "yeah that happens sometimes." Unacceptable response. And I will probably remove these and just eat the cost of uneven tire wear to save me the hassle of these useless bolts. I would not buy them unless you have a bad camber problem.
Old 01-27-2002, 12:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: anyone got a camber kit?

Originally posted by nigelcmf

Thanks
well i have ground control coilovers and they didn't come with camber plates... so i bought them separate... i honestly don't know the cost because i bought it all in a package with struts, FSTB and RSW... i got them through stillen... not the website though.. they always list way over price on the net... i never paid full price for any stillen stuff exept exhaust because back then i didnt' know better...
Old 01-27-2002, 09:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone got a camber kit?

Originally posted by Eric L.

If you get coilovers, you do not need a camber kit, as the coilovers come with a camber adjuster plate already.

I have the camber bolts for my car (Ingalls) and I hate them. Even tightening them up to 80lb/ft, they tend to loosen over time and I have to adjust them every now and then. Pretty disgusting when I am driving and then suddenly my steering wheel is crooked because the stupid camber bolts have loosened up on me. I called Ingalls and they said, "yeah that happens sometimes." Unacceptable response. And I will probably remove these and just eat the cost of uneven tire wear to save me the hassle of these useless bolts. I would not buy them unless you have a bad camber problem.
I have the camber bolts from Specialty Products Company. I got them for free, are these bolts any good, or will they loosen up like yours?