4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Keyless/Light Rewire...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 05:17 PM

Keyless/Light Rewire...

I did some searching and saw all kinds of light rewires. I didn't however find this one. Is it possible to hook headlights with turn signals so that when you hit the lock button your headlights flash as well as blinkers. Also is there anyway to make the blinkers go when you press the unlock button. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:23 PM

you could prolly do both of those, i dunno how easy it would be though. For the unlock thing, if you can find the unit that recieves the signal from the remote and sends out power to unlock the doors, you could put a little relay in line that would trip when the unit sends an unlock signal. The relay could control a 12 volt feed to the blinkers in the same manner as the what the unit does when you lock the doors (unless the unit switches the ground and not the 12 volts). If this is all wired up right, it should flash your orange lights once when you unlock the doors, so it would still be different than the twice when you lock. You might be able to deal with the headlights with a similar approach.

hope that helps..
Old 01-29-2002, 06:06 AM

RideTheMax: The one thing you should be aware of >>

Originally posted by RideTheMax
I did some searching and saw all kinds of light rewires. I didn't however find this one. Is it possible to hook headlights with turn signals so that when you hit the lock button your headlights flash as well as blinkers. Also is there anyway to make the blinkers go when you press the unlock button. Thanks in advance.
...is that you'll be wearing out the headlamp bulbs more quickly. There are no dangers in doing this, but bear in mind that the initial startup of a halogen bulb is the hardest on the filament. Flashing it while it's cold causes the most thermal cycle fatigue on the filament.
Old 01-29-2002, 06:58 AM

Re: RideTheMax: The one thing you should be aware of >>

Originally posted by Albertt

...is that you'll be wearing out the headlamp bulbs more quickly. There are no dangers in doing this, but bear in mind that the initial startup of a halogen bulb is the hardest on the filament. Flashing it while it's cold causes the most thermal cycle fatigue on the filament.
That's a good point, maybe I worry with it. Thanks