4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Quality Auto Parts ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 10:01 AM

Quality Auto Parts ???

Has anyone used "Quality Auto Parts" services to find parts?

I have been searching for a Stillen front strut brace and came across them, are they worth using? Anyone have experience with them?

Also, where else can you find these? Looks like stillen doesn't make them anymore, so I need to find one from an individual or parts yard. Also, from what I have read, the rear upper strut brace doesn't seem to be worth it, is that the case? I have found a new one, from Ultra Racing, for $79.00...

Any guidance in this area is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-08-2017, 12:05 PM

Here's a thread about FSTBs below.

https://maxima.org/forums/4th-genera...strut-bar.html

My son bought a $29.99 eBay special for the 99 model 3 years ago. We're still using it. Though we had to file down and smooth out a mounting bracket on passenger side upper strut tower area that was preventing us from using it. It was not a seamless installation by any means. That may be why they stopped selling that particular part. I went looking through emails and I see the seller no longer has those available. It works better than nothing and that's all I can say about it. He reports the thin aluminum bar does have some flex. You get what you pay for.

I'm not coming up with many hits for an A32 front tower brace like I remember a few years ago.

I did find this Ultra Racing bar on eBay. You may find it at a better price by searching on the part #. This UL part does not have adjustable end links like a Stillen or some others. I'm not crazy about the adjustable end links, but I live with them on the Stillen that I run on the Q45. Other members may have more experience with a solid bar versus one with end links.

It might be that the Ultra Racing bar is the most rigid and functional where the Stillen bars are more for looks and keeping with Steve Millen's Nissan accessory tradition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Racing...-/181910897796

Roughly two years I bought a set of front and rear Stillen bars on eBay for roughly $225. I won't find another set like that again at that price I'm sure. The plan is to install the Stillen bars on the 99 model SE and refurbish and move the $29 eBay special to the 98 model.

I've never run a rear strut tower bar at this point. I see there is some debate about whether its worth the trouble. I'll need to look into that again before installing the Stillen. The 99 SE has a large sub in the trunk so I'm sure it will take up more room in an already crowded trunk. I would like to know more about any cons associated with a RSTB before I go to the trouble to install one.

It may take some time to find a used Stillen bar. I gave up on finding one for a 4th then then landed one almost by accident.

If you do find a Stillen bar, I can tell you they will polish up to look good.

Name:  Stillen_01.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  165.7 KB
Old 01-08-2017, 05:54 PM

I haven't had much luck either. I don't know whether to be patient or get the one you found...thanks for that btw!...I had already found a matching rear one on amazon for $79...so, I could get a matching pair this way. I will probably go with these two and keep looking just in case.

Thanks again for the help!
Old 01-08-2017, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by peb396
I haven't had much luck either. I don't know whether to be patient or get the one you found...thanks for that btw!...I had already found a matching rear one on amazon for $79...so, I could get a matching pair this way. I will probably go with these two and keep looking just in case.

Thanks again for the help!
Maybe some other members with Ultra Racing FSTB experience will chime in before you make your decision.