4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

New Injector Cap Slightly Broken After Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 12:00 PM

New Injector Cap Slightly Broken After Install

I just put all 6 new injectors in and when I flipped the fuel rail over to inspect my work I noticed part of the front right injector cap has slightly cracked and bent out of place, what purpose does it serve am I alright like the should I try to bend it back and run with it the way it is? Most of my old injectors came out with only about half of this cap still attached

Old 03-12-2017, 12:31 PM

I can tell you the injectors in the picture were running fine when I replaced them. It may not matter that much if one of the fins is missing. Also, I've seen Subaru use the same injectors with a completely round tip and no fins. The pintle cap 's role is to keep the o-ring neatly in place. The fins protect the pintle tip.

I keep a bag of extra pintle caps around in the event that I may need one someday. If you were close by, I would say just stop by and I'll give you one.

The cap should be easy to find at a parts store if you chose to replace it.

Name:  04_Broken_Pintle_Caps2_zpsi0kojavo.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  264.5 KB
Old 03-13-2017, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by CS_AR
I can tell you the injectors in the picture were running fine when I replaced them. It may not matter that much if one of the fins is missing. Also, I've seen Subaru use the same injectors with a completely round tip and no fins. The pintle cap 's role is to keep the o-ring neatly in place. The fins protect the pintle tip.

I keep a bag of extra pintle caps around in the event that I may need one someday. If you were close by, I would say just stop by and I'll give you one.

The cap should be easy to find at a parts store if you chose to replace it.

thanks for clearing that up I could of guessed you would know the answer to this question
Old 03-13-2017, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Since it's a new pintle cap, I wouldn't worry about it.