4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

95 maxima, PO400 & PO325

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 06:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

95 maxima, PO400 & PO325

If I may get some more direction please. Engine at idle, skips or cuts out for a split second randomly. Codes are po400 and po325 always together and if reset they come back within the day.

I did some reading... 325 I could test by a 460 ohm resistor being put inplace of knock sensor to test that, could not find much on the EGR 400 code that was valuable.
It did say that KS code will come with a problem code meaning the real problem is not the KS but the secondary code which in my case is EGR.

I haven't been to Radio Shack yet.
Looking for direction or recommendations and verification...please. thanks Please help
Old 08-15-2017, 09:02 AM

What you read about the knock sensor is correct. When the engine isn't running properly, it will knock and the knock sensor is doing its job reporting it. Putzing around with the knock sensor, resistor or anything in that line is just wasting time.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:40 PM

Go after the PO400 code. When fixed the PO325 will go away.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:21 PM

P0400 is normally a clogged EGR tube. I think there are a lot of threads about it here. I had that some time ago, but it didn't cause the car to run any differently. I also had the occasional idle drop (not at the same time as the P0400 code), and when I put in NGK plugs it went away. Point being, your problem might not be related to the EGR code (and it almost certainly isn't related to the knock sensor code). If you're not using NGK plugs, that's the first thing I'd suggest.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:33 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Washers

Can anyone help with the part numbers or where I can buy the thick washers that go onto the egr tube bolts?? I can't find one after I took the tube off to clean it, which was futile because I troubleshot the p0400 code to be a dead egr temp sensor which is a much easier fix especially with fat hands. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:53 AM
JvG

Originally Posted by tysonknight2
Can anyone help with the part numbers or where I can buy the thick washers that go onto the egr tube bolts?? I can't find one after I took the tube off to clean it, which was futile because I troubleshot the p0400 code to be a dead egr temp sensor which is a much easier fix especially with fat hands. Thanks for any help you can provide.
In general, if I loose one of a set of two washers, I will consider replacing both with similar sized ones from the local hardware store or from my old bolt and washer stash.

As long as the height and width are similar, an alien washer should function as well as an official one.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:50 AM
Licensed to Spell

P0, not PO.