4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

MINT 95. How much is my car worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 02:33 PM

MINT 95. How much is my car worth?

Havent been on this forum in years. Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Curious how much i can get for my car.

1995, 4th gen SE. Auto. Moonroof. Tan with black cloth interior. 100 percent stock. Absolutely factory mint. Not a scratch or tear. 95k miles. ONE OWNER!

book value is only 2000 but how much would you pay?? Is 5000 reasonable? Will get pictures. Would anyone be intrested??
Old 09-26-2017, 02:56 PM
Administrator

I think the maximum offer you'll receive will be $3,000.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:26 PM
JvG

I live in a rust free area. So well maintained cars look mint. Wizards estimate is realistic. He is in California, as I recall. I'm in Portland.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:34 PM

I remember a couple weeks ago there was someone on craigslist selling a 1997 4th gen with 32k original miles, kept in a clean garage for years, one owner, original white pearl paint with all GLE options with 7 spoke rims, not a single rip or aged leather. All stock / no modification. But man I had to say it was pretty much brand new...He wanted $6500.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:29 PM
JvG

What a man wants for his car matters less than what people are willing to pay for it. Or it might take a very long time to find someone who is willing to pay the price.

At the end of the day, we own higher milage 20 year old family cars. Not collector material.

We know they are good, but the average buyer with more than 3k will want a newer car.

Unfortunately, keeping our cars around as second vehicles makes more sense than selling it.
They can be pleasent and reliable cars without much value.

Could not find a better replacement for the same money ours sell for.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:56 PM
JvG

What a man wants for his car matters less than what people are willing to pay for it. Or it might take a very long time to find someone who is willing to pay the price.

At the end of the day, we own higher milage 20 year old family cars. Not collector material.

We know they are good, but the average buyer with more than 3k will want a newer car.

Unfortunately, keeping our cars around as second vehicles makes more sense than selling it.
They can be pleasent and reliable cars without much value.

Could not find a better replacement for the same money ours sell for.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:58 PM

^ I agree with you, My 4th gen looks nearly new and I don't really have plans on selling it because It's my second car I use for fun/daily. It's hard to really get rid of it due to its condition, myself liking the car the way it looks right now, and the resell value isn't worth it for me to consider selling. It is a very nice car if its done right. Too bad it's not worth much though.. but ey! NO car payments. That's the best part about this car with a bulletproof engine if taken care of.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:10 AM
Got Retrofit?

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay

Price high and be prepared for lowballs.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:02 PM

Don't forget new cars are not as reliable and bullet proof as these cars are. The recalls and airbag defects ect on new cars these days are what new car owners have to deal with. The new cars are fun and fresh with a guaranteed defect or recall.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:54 PM
JvG

The car you currently own is the Devil You Know.

The car you might buy is the Devil You Don't Know.

The devil you know sells for a low price.

The devil you don't probably sells for a higher price, and comes with multiple unknown and possibly expensive issues.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by JvG
The car you currently own is the Devil You Know.

The car you might buy is the Devil You Don't Know.

The devil you know sells for a low price.

The devil you don't probably sells for a higher price, and comes with multiple unknown and possibly expensive issues.
hence the reason that i keep my 286,000 mile max. all the work i've done and it's my fun car. it has cost me a fair amount of money to keep on the road, but she still runs and drives good, and she is the rarer bm1 color, never see that or the crimson red anymore.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:05 AM
JvG

Originally Posted by max ride 41
hence the reason that i keep my 286,000 mile max. all the work i've done and it's my fun car. it has cost me a fair amount of money to keep on the road, but she still runs and drives good, and she is the rarer bm1 color, never see that or the crimson red anymore.
Bet that your annual parts costs amount to one, perhaps two car payments. This is called cheap transportation.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by JvG
Bet that your annual parts costs amount to one, perhaps two car payments. This is called cheap transportation.
little more than that, but i don't mind cause she's a looker.