4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Soldering 6 points on MAF

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 05:17 PM

Soldering 6 points on MAF

How do you get to the 6 points to re-solder? How do you pry open the top specifically? I saw the points to solder on some pics here but didn't see how to open the top. Thanks
Old 10-02-2017, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by slowmanvns
How do you get to the 6 points to re-solder? How do you pry open the top specifically? I saw the points to solder on some pics here but didn't see how to open the top. Thanks
You can unscrew the side and push it out with a screwdriver I know it seemed impossible to pry when I tried
Old 10-02-2017, 06:26 PM

Ok. I was trying to pry off the top but was getting nowhere. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:58 PM

Ok. I was trying to pry off the top but was getting nowhere. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:26 AM

You have to slit/cut the sealant that's been applied around the perimeter of the top plate.

The plate is also secured to the MAF body by eight little clink-in tabs (two tabs on each edge of the top plate).

Once the sealant is slit/cut all the way through, use a thin faced flat head screw driver or micro screw driver (maybe even use 2 at the same time) to carefully separate the top plate tabs from the walls of the MAF body where the plate inserts.

There are a couple ... or maybe even a couple of hundred ... videos on youtube and such that show what's necessary.

Just be careful and don't be in a hurry.