4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ouple of 4th Gen questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 06:13 AM

ouple of 4th Gen questions

ok first i have a 96 se 5speed. i mean i know its not the beast thing to do to your car but is having the car in first and then poping the clutch really bad for my car?? also last night i was a lil drunk and took the max around in my neighbor hood and i went to go shift to second and then all i hear is some type of jangeling noise and the shifter started to shake and viberate. i love burn outs but how bad is it for my car have i done damage to it already? also whats better..motor up..prolong...slick 50....or dualube? i always put marvel mystery oil in with my oil changes. what product can i use to keep my car in best runing condition. which system treatment is good. should i buy the fuel systyem and engine treatment?
marc
Old 02-03-2002, 08:21 AM

Re: ouple of 4th Gen questions

Originally posted by Maximus44
ok first i have a 96 se 5speed. i mean i know its not the beast thing to do to your car but is having the car in first and then poping the clutch really bad for my car?? also last night i was a lil drunk and took the max around in my neighbor hood and i went to go shift to second and then all i hear is some type of jangeling noise and the shifter started to shake and viberate. i love burn outs but how bad is it for my car have i done damage to it already? also whats better..motor up..prolong...slick 50....or dualube? i always put marvel mystery oil in with my oil changes. what product can i use to keep my car in best runing condition. which system treatment is good. should i buy the fuel systyem and engine treatment?
marc
1) High-rpm clutch dumps comfortably fall into the category of "ABUSE" and as such, are "really bad for your car."

2) "Jangling" noises and "vibrations" are not good, if the subject is transmissions - only a qualified mechanic will be able to properly diagnose how badly you've damaged your transmission. (Yes, it is possible you have).

3) Most oil additive products, including those you mentioned either a) do nothing, or b) do harm, and are to be categorically avoided. Example: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....highlight=zmax

4) Regular oil changes using a quality oil & filter and following all the maintenance schedules are the best way to ensure getting many serviceable miles out of your car.

Oh - and NOT ABUSING IT will definitely help.

Keep at it, and you're buying an e-ticket on the bullet-train to "Trannyreplacementville."
Old 02-03-2002, 09:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

oh yea and not drinking and driving is a real good idea also
Old 02-03-2002, 09:46 AM

Re: ouple of 4th Gen questions

...also last night i was a lil drunk and took the max around in my neighbor ...
Old 02-03-2002, 09:53 AM

yeah.. the worst thing you could have done last night is probably drive drunk.

Old 02-03-2002, 11:14 AM

drunk

Originally posted by alphaoenz
yeah.. the worst thing you could have done last night is probably drive drunk.

it was in my neighbor hood i was drivin in i went around the block cause i wanted to show my friend my new max. but i know drinkin and drivin aint me.
Old 02-03-2002, 11:20 AM

Re: drunk

it was in my neighbor hood i was drivin in i went around the block cause i wanted to show my friend my new max. but i know drinkin and drivin aint me.
I'd say no excuses, as much as alot of us do crazy things, pretty much everyone frowns on driving under the influence.

One good thing is you didn't smash your car while trying to show it to your friends.
Old 02-03-2002, 01:01 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Re: drunk

I would suggest getting clutch dumps out of your system, and just beat the crap out of the tranny, until it breaks. Then replace it. It should run you about what, $2,000?
Old 02-03-2002, 01:05 PM

Re: Re: Re: drunk

Originally posted by NickStam
I would suggest getting clutch dumps out of your system, and just beat the crap out of the tranny, until it breaks. Then replace it. It should run you about what, $2,000?
hey hey now i was just askin no need for the smart *** remarks but honastly i was talking to a friend of mine who has a TSI and he told me that yeah it is abuse to ur car but nutural drops are even worse. i mean alotta people do burn outs well than how can u burn out withougt popin the clutch
Old 02-03-2002, 01:09 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Re: Re: Re: drunk

hey hey now i was just askin no need for the smart *** remarks but honastly i was talking to a friend of mine who has a TSI and he told me that yeah it is abuse to ur car but nutural drops are even worse. i mean alotta people do burn outs well than how can u burn out withougt popin the clutch
what about putting the car in 1st, and then after like 2k rpms, just mash the gas and spin the tires? It's not as cool as a peel out, but kinda fun.
Old 02-03-2002, 01:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: drunk

Originally posted by NickStam

what about putting the car in 1st, and then after like 2k rpms, just mash the gas and spin the tires? It's not as cool as a peel out, but kinda fun.
now i really do need to buy a tach i knew thats if i didnt have a tach i would not be able to do ****.
thanx anyways
marc