4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

4th gen looking clean

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 10:18 PM

Wish you could show us the yellowish look you are mentioning because it looks really clean, have you tried detailing it? Wax, clay bar, etc?
Old 03-11-2019, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by JoshG
Wish you could show us the yellowish look you are mentioning because it looks really clean, have you tried detailing it? Wax, clay bar, etc?
let me find a picture for you and yes :,( we waxed one time and it looked kind of worse lol. They yellowness became brighter in the sun 😂 but that was before the black bumper
Old 03-11-2019, 10:28 PM

You can see here on the first pic i circled the yellowness. So thats what the car is basically like in person maybe a little less. But sunlight u can see

I circled the areas of yellow

See the difference between the hood which is basic white and the rest of the car.

Last edited by dbaray; 03-11-2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:52 AM

who got a picture of the panda car that tigershark or another member had in here a few years back. starting to look like that.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
who got a picture of the panda car that tigershark or another member had in here a few years back. starting to look like that.
👀 panda
Old 03-19-2019, 03:52 PM

Old 03-19-2019, 03:55 PM

Just came in
Old 03-22-2019, 10:11 PM

Old 03-22-2019, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by dbaray

Just came in
I love these wheels.
I ran into a center divider trying to beat a yellow traffic light and both tires got busted, car got unaligned obviously but despite the impact they took, these alloy wheels kept their shape. I got new tires and they’ve been holding air like nothing ever happened.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Danny Sky

I love these wheels.
I ran into a center divider trying to beat a yellow traffic light and both tires got busted, car got unaligned obviously but despite the impact they took, these alloy wheels kept their shape. I got new tires and they’ve been holding air like nothing ever happened.
ohh glad your ok. They are nice. Makes the car have that classy look
Old 03-29-2019, 07:55 PM

Shes almost ready

Old 03-31-2019, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by dbaray

How much you paying for that paint job?
Old 03-31-2019, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Be-Es One
How much you paying for that paint job?
$1,700 for everything including body work
Old 03-31-2019, 07:13 PM

Are they painting it outside? It looks good from this distance, I know people say nice paint jobs cost a lot more but it wouldn't make sense to spend that much on this car
Old 03-31-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Violator
Are they painting it outside? It looks good from this distance, I know people say nice paint jobs cost a lot more but it wouldn't make sense to spend that much on this car
No sir! Was painted in a paint booth and yea i feel you. We thought long and hard about it but we know this painter well my grandpa does really well. This whole job should of been over $2,500 but i helped pay for it as well so basically my father helped. Its gonna be my car for a long time and i never got the chance to see it shine ha. So was worth it!
Old 03-31-2019, 07:39 PM

Ill show the final results when i add everything on it and when it comes home
Old 03-31-2019, 07:51 PM

This is how the paint looks in the light.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:39 AM

$1700 is nearly 3, $500 month car payments for a car (Avg car payment in America) So if you saved up for it and paying cash for it, I'd say go for it... Just don't go too extreme putting $10k-20k all in one go especially putting power mods and etc... a paint job can make the car look nice again and the money is well spent if you enjoy the car. Yearly If u plan to save a budget of $1k-3k max cash on either small exterior mods/mostly maintaining the car, It's not too much money depending what you want to do. A paint job, lowering, and freshen up it up with new parts may be just enough for the car.

Old car? you're responsible for most of the repairs on the car with no car payments; low insurance costs to help you save for repairs on the car IF you choose to do so It's your the responsibility to create an "Imaginary bill each month/save a certain amount to help prepare repairs when they do come"

Buy 10 yr old car? May not be as old, may be a cash car, and still will require maintaining depending on previous owner... It's all comes down to how they took care of it. Most people who want cash cars go this route.

Want a new car/2-5 yr old car? Pay higher monthly bills depending on downpayment while the car depreciates, interest, and also needs maintaining too.. still the same thing.

Cars this old? Yah.. they're becoming more of weekend cars and cars that drivers only put 3-8k miles a year due to becoming nearly what? 22-24 years old! Don't get me wrong 4th gen maxima's is the best generation out of all. Could be wrong that some people out there who still have their 4th gens are still daily driving them. But for me, It's a car that gets driven once a week or two. Toy car pretty much... I got a 5 yr old car that I enjoy and did little mods (Mitsubishi!) to get me where I need to go reliability and if the maxima ever break down, I got a backup. I'd think that most people who plan to keep these old 4th gen maxima's have a second newer car. Most people who plan to keep 20+ yr old cars do...at least from my experience.

Can't wait to see the outcome of the paint job, hope to see pic's soon.

Last edited by JoshG; 04-01-2019 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:16 AM

$1700 is nearly 3, $500 month car payments for a car (Avg car payment in America) So if you saved up for it and paying cash for it, I'd say go for it... Just don't go too extreme putting $10k-20k all in one go especially putting power mods and etc... a paint job can make the car look nice again and the money is well spent if you enjoy the car. Yearly If u plan to save a budget of $1k-3k max cash on either small exterior mods/mostly maintaining the car, It's not too much money depending what you want to do. A paint job, lowering, and freshen up it up with new parts may be just enough for the car.

Old car? you're responsible for most of the repairs on the car with no car payments; low insurance costs to help you save for repairs on the car IF you choose to do so It's your the responsibility to create an "Imaginary bill each month/save a certain amount to help prepare repairs when they do come"

Buy 10 yr old car? May not be as old, may be a cash car, and still will require maintaining depending on previous owner... It's all comes down to how they took care of it. Most people who want cash cars go this route.

Want a new car/2-5 yr old car? Pay higher monthly bills depending on downpayment while the car depreciates, interest, and also needs maintaining too.. still the same thing.

Cars this old? Yah.. they're becoming more of weekend cars and cars that drivers only put 3-8k miles a year due to becoming nearly what? 22-24 years old! Don't get me wrong 4th gen maxima's is the best generation out of all. Could be wrong that some people out there who still have their 4th gens are still daily driving them. But for me, It's a car that gets driven once a week or two. Toy car pretty much... I got a 5 yr old car that I enjoy and did little mods (Mitsubishi!) to get me where I need to go reliability and if the maxima ever break down, I got a backup. I'd think that most people who plan to keep these old 4th gen maxima's have a second newer car. Most people who plan to keep 20+ yr old cars do...at least from my experience.

Can't wait to see the outcome of the paint job, hope to see pic's soon.
I agree! That is why we also leased a car, kind of like a 2nd personal for both of us so i can save up some miles for it hahaha, but of course ill take this car on long trips cause longer trips are better than short stop and go street city driving, this 4th gen has always been long distance car. Yes I saved up a while, thats part of the reason why I waited so long I couldn’t just have someone else pay for everything. But it pays off to be a little patient. Yes hopefully by Tuesday or Wednesday it will be done. The window trims were pretty beat up I asked him to make them look brand new including some old weather stripping, other than that it should all be good. Yea these old 4th gens are the best. Ha it was bought brand new in 1997, never knew it would still be here but my dad took care of it.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:19 PM

Old 04-06-2019, 04:14 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

I don't know any nice way to say this. Who ever masked your car should never touch a roll of tape again. The devil is in the details and all I see is over spray.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:33 PM

For the money it looks pretty good I think, the masking job was poor in a few spots and unnecessary in some instances like the headlights and bumper turn signal housings should of just been removed and it would came out cleaner. Hopefully you can just scrape it off. Car looks noticeably whiter though I like it
Old 04-06-2019, 06:12 PM

For the money it looks pretty good I think, the masking job was poor in a few spots and unnecessary in some instances like the headlights and bumper turn signal housings should of just been removed and it would came out cleaner. Hopefully you can just scrape it off. Car looks noticeably whiter though I like it
yea i pointed it out to him on the taping and he said he will clean it up. Its more clear coating because he put extra clear coat for the paint. Idk whats next to do but ill wash it up Wednesday when its hopefully done and ill show the final results along with the new clear turn signals
Old 04-06-2019, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by JSutter
I don't know any nice way to say this. Who ever masked your car should never touch a roll of tape again. The devil is in the details and all I see is over spray.
yes i pointed out the taping cause i saw it slightly on the edges he said he will try to clear that up and it has a lot of clear coating on it. It actually feels really smooth and we agreed on the extra clear coating he talked with me about it. Said a lot of people dont like it cause of its final appearance but ehh i went for it cause i dont want it to get damaged easily
Old 04-06-2019, 06:18 PM

Heres how the back looks. Spoiler isnt installed yet
Originally Posted by JSutter
Old 04-12-2019, 08:35 PM

Just brought her home
Old 05-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 05-09-2019, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Prince522

She looks good!
Old 05-09-2019, 03:21 PM

New R34 maxima headlights

Old 05-09-2019, 07:48 PM

What % on your windshield? Lookin good! 5th gen SE wheels are the cat's a$$!
Old 05-09-2019, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by User1
Thankyou bro. Windshield is 45% with suntek CXP film. I really recommend 45% and not any lower tho.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:05 PM

Old 05-09-2019, 09:07 PM

Those look good! I just picked up a set of PIAA highs and Osram lows for my 5th gen. Gonna do a quick pic thread of a full headlight restoration with lights before and after, hopefully this weekend.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:11 PM

Those look good! I just picked up a set of PIAA highs and Osram lows for my 5th gen. Gonna do a quick pic thread of a full headlight restoration with lights before and after, hopefully this weekend.
Nice! Cant wait to see it. But as said before in the forums, the light output on these are just slightly worse. These ones have slightly more scattered beam pattern than then original ones, but the light output with good LEDs they shine good. You just have to aim them lower to avoid blinding and you’re good. Overall i like them a lot and wouldnt go back to the original ones hahaha, I just got 3M scotchguard ppf on them so they won’t fade.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:33 PM

you need retro's man, those look meh....
Old 05-10-2019, 01:07 AM

Is it me or does the headlight looked like it's pushed in and the grill looks like it's pulled outward? The stock ones didn't seem to look like that. Also, I think you need orange signal bulbs for your car to be road legal. Could be wrong but that's what I had to do. Cops won't like that if they see that at night.

Last edited by JoshG; 05-10-2019 at 01:10 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
you need retro's man, those look meh....
Maybe in the future i will do quad projector retro fit.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:46 AM

Is it me or does the headlight looked like it's pushed in and the grill looks like it's pulled outward? The stock ones didn't seem to look like that. Also, I think you need orange signal bulbs for your car to be road legal. Could be wrong but that's what I had to do. Cops won't like that if they see that at night.
Cops here dont bother for the LEDs and the grill is slightly more outwards because the lights pushed more inward for some reason, but in person its not too noticeable.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:14 AM

Came across an engine strut bar...

Last edited by dbaray; 05-16-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:52 PM

Me and my friend

Quick Reply: 4th gen looking clean