4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Stop complaing about no Maxima mods!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 10:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Stop complaing about no Maxima mods!!

Why is everyone complaining about there being no mods for the Maxima!?!?!? There are not many BOT-ON mods, but there are tons, and tons, and tons, and tons of parts that you can put on. Just actually do some work and put something on yourself, do all of the fabrications to get it on there and stop complaining about there not being any BOLT-ONS. You should see the list of stuff i am going to do. And it WILL happen. You can plan on it. go to http://maxima.cardomain.com/member_p...issan%20Maxima

There will be changes to that list. One major one is no engine swap and i will be using a 95 Maxima instead.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:22 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

hmmm, i guess i could make a big list of stuff too, but like anybody else in america u gotta see it to belive it, or at least some progress like uncle max's exhaust manifold for his turbo, good luck though, a 15,000 dollar tranny? i duno u might of just wanted to buy a more exspensive car to begin with....
Old 02-04-2002, 10:24 AM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Stop complaing about no Maxima mods!!

2002 VQ3.5 into a 95 huh? How is that gonna work exactly? What is "soon"? Next week?

Originally posted by mtcookson

There will be changes to that list. One major one is no engine swap and i will be using a 95 Maxima instead.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:24 AM

Re: Stop complaing about no Maxima mods!!

Why is everyone complaining about there being no mods for the Maxima!?!?!? There are not many BOT-ON mods, but there are tons, and tons, and tons, and tons of parts that you can put on. Just actually do some work and put something on yourself, do all of the fabrications to get it on there and stop complaining about there not being any BOLT-ONS. You should see the list of stuff i am going to do. And it WILL happen. You can plan on it. go to http://maxima.cardomain.com/member_p...issan%20Maxima

I doubt you will even get 15% of that list.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:29 AM

i am gonna go ahead and call BS on this one!
Old 02-04-2002, 10:34 AM

I think i my list fixed up now. I'm planning on doing the 3.5L swap. I was going to do a VE30DE swap into a 90 maxima that had the VE30E but i heard there was some VTC problems in the 92-94 se (VE30DE). Since the VQ30DE (95-99) has been rated one of the best V6's ever made I am wanting to use that. The only thing holding me back from setting this car up is not having a job right now. Once i find my perfect job every dollar i earn is going into this car until my list is complete or until i am scared to drive it.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:37 AM
I'm needing a caw

""""I am hoping to be pulling something like 600 horse or more.""""

There's something wrong when your "plan" list is like 10x larger than what you have already. Muffler shop???!?!?! Good one. You should take that act on the road.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:40 AM

Unless you're some kind of steel fabricator, machine operator, or an engineer; I don't see it all happening. There are parts listed on there that are not currently available for the max, in bolt on or custom install. Dunno if it can all happen, let alone finance it if it was even possible. What do you do for a living?
Old 02-04-2002, 10:41 AM

It's not that hard to bend and weld pipe when you have the stuff to do it. I'm not going to do "muffler" work. I am going to do all of my exhaust work. The mufflers i will buy. Basically, i am going to do the turbo manifolds, then strait pipes all the way back to two mufflers. I am going to do a dual 3" system.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:44 AM
I'm needing a caw

Famous last words.

It's not that hard to bend and weld pipe when you have the stuff to do it. I'm not going to do "muffler" work. I am going to do all of my exhaust work. The mufflers i will buy. Basically, i am going to do the turbo manifolds, then strait pipes all the way back to two mufflers. I am going to do a dual 3" system.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:44 AM

What kind of parts are you reffering to that you say won't work?
Old 02-04-2002, 10:45 AM

yea a job might help....just a little bit!
Old 02-04-2002, 10:48 AM

I know more about cars than most people do. I will also be doing this in a mechanics class so the stuff that i don't know will be taught to me.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:51 AM

Check this out http://www.9cy.com/members/gtrrider/turbo.htm this guy is cool.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:55 AM

Well certainly any mod can be fabbed, but this costs alot of money. And may not even work well, when its only done once. How many products do we have that has only one company making it, so then they can jack the price up cause theres no competition? Supercharger, coilovers, differential comes to mind. This is the major short fall of the maxima. Granted, its not as limited as say a camry, but its no BMW where those sedans have most every mod known to man available. How many mods would I like to see that are not availalbe, except custom? Turbo, intercooler, cams, heads, pistons, independent rear suspension kit, built transmission parts, etc.

If you really want to go mod heavy, theres the mustang/camaros where they have every single thing available. For us, we lack the serious performance parts like performance rods and pistons, injectors, heads, cams etc. And if we just want to get the OE parts upgraded either through shot peening and/or cryogenic treatment, the OE parts are expensive as *****. Thus, IMO it makes the Maxima a poor choice for what we are trying to do. We are trying to make non performance machines into performance machines. How many 10 second maxima's do you hear of? Zero. Even civics that we always put down are in the 7's. People know better to spend the time and money trying to make humongous amounts of power out of our heavy 4 door FWD sedans.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:59 AM
I'm needing a caw

So your just coping what this guy is doing and using Phast and Phurriest Rice math to get 600hp.

And you don't know more than most. Probably less. Alot less than me anyway.

Check this out http://www.9cy.com/members/gtrrider/turbo.htm this guy is cool.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:04 AM

Something really funny. You say this car is heavy? Well, i'm sure everyone here knows about the Skyline GT-R. In my opinion is the best car ever, cause i'm a nissan fan and such. Well... the Skyline just happens to be heavier than the Maxima. I have a video of one doing 9 sec 1/4 mile. It is 4WD but still, it's heavier than a 4 door family car and can kick some major a$$. I think i can make my Maxima go fast by doing my custom mods by myself. And there is no way, no way in hel| that i will ever get a domestic vehicle!!!!!! Domestic vehicles are the scum of the earth. They only good domestics are dead ones. And maybe old muscle cars cause those never died but the new ones i won't even lay my eyes on. Oh yeah, as for the cams, pistons and all of that go here http://www.rpmonline.com/zip/
Old 02-04-2002, 11:06 AM

i dont think you would even want to turbocharge a maxima

too high of a compression ratio to be incredibly worth while. just supercharge. also dont forget the tornado air filter, that should jump you up to about 690 horse.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:07 AM

If i were copying (notice the correct spelling) what that guy was doing would i have that huge list?? No, i would copy what that other guy was doing and put a single turbo on with an intercooler and be happy.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:09 AM

what do you mean too high a compression ratio. Like i said in my list, i will be getting custom pistons and rings, which means, i can get a custom compression ratio low enough for a turbo.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:18 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Talk is cheap!!! If I get a penny for every rice boy that said "I am going to do this...I am going to buy that." I wouldn't be driving a maxima.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:21 AM

Hmm... you guys must not live in a hick town. I do. there's never anything to do here. So.. my and my friends which are not hicks including me not being one always work on cars. This job will be easy. I think i will also get a loan to get the parts. My parents will help me do that then i will be showing all of you guys never to give $hit to someone that has their dreams set.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:24 AM
I'm needing a caw

Oh yeah? Just wait until I get my quad turbo'd Ve maxima going. I'm using two Supra sequentials on each manifold.

Hmm... you guys must not live in a hick town. I do. there's never anything to do here. So.. my and my friends which are not hicks including me not being one always work on cars. This job will be easy. I think i will also get a loan to get the parts. My parents will help me do that then i will be showing all of you guys never to give $hit to someone that has their dreams set.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:29 AM

You guys are so un-innovative and not creative at all. Have you ever tried making a supercharger, out of a vacuum? I have, and i actually worked a little bit. So just sit down, wait a little while for me to work on my car, then if i don't get it complete or it turns out to be junk, or blows up, or SOMETHING. You can say all you want. Until then, just shut up.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:30 AM

dude, just buy a skyline...i think this is interesting, but i know people will flame me for this, i dont understand the the whole concept of modding a car to twice its value, then its almost a loss, cuz im sure u could find a premade one for the price, but i also think workin on a car is half as fun as driving it, so i get it, none the less, have something to back up what ur saying rilly fast.... cuz i think u undestand why everyone is razzing u.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:35 AM

Ok...
Skyline GT-R - $90,000
95 Maxima - $5,000
Cost to do my list - 20,000
25,000 to 90,000 is a very big differnce. I get almost the same speed, and working on cars is fun for me. I love to do work like that.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:37 AM

once again a newbie comes along and talks smack. I wish you the best of luck in all this. I very doubt that you will do all this. You are a young kid with big dreams but you have no MONEY! And it will stay that way for a while. You think that moding cars is a cheap hobby. Have you forgoten about other things in your life that you need to pay for? Gas alone will eat up your shop-rite pay check. We really dont like people coming up on the org and talking down about us. We love our cars but most of us do know where it really stops for the Maxima. You will realize this also young jedi
Old 02-04-2002, 11:39 AM

The original point of this thread

Man, you guys are so lazy! Everything i've read about mods has been bolt on. Go do some real work and fabricate some stuff yourself and stop complaining about there being no parts. And stop giving me $hit. Once i get this done i would love to see the look on your faces.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:44 AM

What the FUC* Me coming down on you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the most BULL $HIT i've heard in a long time!!!!!!!!!! You guys came down on me the minute i listed the things that I wanted to do. I never asked for you guys' opinion i just put what my thoughts were. My gosh, i thought there were cool people here. I was wayyyy wrong. I thought there might have been at least one person that would think, hey that would be pretty cool. But i guess no one in here likes people with ideas. Just lay off if you have nothing good to say.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:46 AM

welcome to the org
Old 02-04-2002, 11:47 AM

you're gonna blow your car up somehow and then have nothing... making a maxima over 300 HP is easy... but you want it to last more than one 1/4 and you're looking at a lot of work involving a lot of money. you planning on crimp-bending a turbo system or something have fun with the tranny

I hope you are the person who proves us all wrong, but I have a feeling you are going to end up in the hall of fame along with home depot bodykit dude.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:49 AM

once you get this done we will all give you props

that would be an amazing accomplishment and i am sure your maxima would be great. but the sad fact is that theres a GREAT chance none of us are gonna remember you or ever talk to you again once this thread dies. also, your newbie status prevents a lot of us from taking all that serious, course all that would make me doubt a moderator. Go if you can get that turbo working, put me down for one. but ill pass on the vaccuum whatever.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:50 AM

Originally posted by theblue
you're gonna blow your car up somehow and then have nothing... making a maxima over 300 HP is easy... but you want it to last more than one 1/4 and you're looking at a lot of work involving a lot of money. you planning on crimp-bending a turbo system or something have fun with the tranny

I hope you are the person who proves us all wrong, but I have a feeling you are going to end up in the hall of fame along with home depot bodykit dude.
what ever happened to that body kit? hehe
Old 02-04-2002, 11:55 AM

Ahhh, i'm a newbie on the org but i'm no newbie at cars. That's why i made this list.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:56 AM
Administrator

eat **** and die newbie
Old 02-04-2002, 11:59 AM

Doing this kind of work isn't rocket science. It's common sense. I bet half of you guys giving me crap have done nothing more that bolted on some mods. But really, once you try it, it's not too hard working on something. My dad showed me how to change some stuff around on a moped engine once then the second time i worked on something i tore down completely a 3 wheeler engine, unlocked it, and put it all back together and am now putting it on a go cart and making the go cart from scratch. This stuff isn't hard. The only hard part is getting the stupid money to do it.
Old 02-04-2002, 12:02 PM

Why don't you come say that to my face. Go to 5025 Autumn Circle, Bloomington, IN 47404 if you're not too chicken. If you want to stay alive and have fun driving your Maxima you better just shut your a$$ up.
Old 02-04-2002, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
eat **** and die newbie
nice welcome
Old 02-04-2002, 12:04 PM

Why don't you come say that to my face. Go to 5025 Autumn Circle, Bloomington, IN 47404 if you're not too chicken. If you want to stay alive and have fun driving your Maxima you better just shut your a$$ up.
Old 02-04-2002, 12:07 PM

LOL, i hope that's what you really look like. Beating you up would be fun. LOL

Quick Reply: Stop complaing about no Maxima mods!!