4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Guy at Meineke threw a fit today. we finally got my buddies Y-Pipe on though!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 11:22 PM

Guy at Meineke threw a fit today. we finally got my buddies Y-Pipe on though!!!

We took my buddes car into Meineke because on the phone they said they would cut that bolt off for us. He even asked us why we wanted it off and we told him. So we take it in and he pulls it around into the shop and then comes out and says what kind of pipe did you say you guys were putting on that car. My buddy says a y-pipe and he says "oh we have another wanna be street racer here do we" then he turns around and yells into the shop "take the car off the lift and get it the **** outta here im not helping these little punk bastards" At first I wasnt really sure what to do but when the guy got in the car and peeled out pulling it around my buddy went off. He started yelling at the manager and then got in the guys face that was driving his car, it was a big scene. I just simply told the manager that he could go f*ck himself and we were on our way. IT was pretty funny acutally. Meineke will never see me again though, (not like I really planned on going there in the first place) But anyway we got the bolt off ourselves with a torch and then installed the y-pipe and buddy loves it so everything worked out. lol What a saga, anyone else ever get yelled at like this by an auto shop? Take Care
Old 02-04-2002, 11:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry you had to go through that mess. Glad you got the pipe on though. Speaking of wasting time with idiots...

I took my y-pipe to a shop where they said "Oh yeah, no problem we can install that, blah, blah". So I drop my car off the next morning thinking everything is okay. When I go back during lunchtime however, my car is parked in a nearby parking lot with NO Cattman y-pipe underneath it. I go inside and say WTF and the guy says that because it removes one of the cats he can't touch it. That's great I say, but I told you all of that yesterday and you said that you could do it anyway. He gave me the "I'm a smog shop also" routine and played dumb like he didn't know what he was getting into until he put the car on a lift. I just smacked my palm against my forehead and walked out.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:50 PM

Re: Guy at Meineke threw a fit today. we finally got my buddies Y-Pipe on though!!!

Originally posted by 97ABMAX
We took my buddes car into Meineke because on the phone they said they would cut that bolt off for us. He even asked us why we wanted it off and we told him. So we take it in and he pulls it around into the shop and then comes out and says what kind of pipe did you say you guys were putting on that car. My buddy says a y-pipe and he says "oh we have another wanna be street racer here do we" then he turns around and yells into the shop "take the car off the lift and get it the **** outta here im not helping these little punk bastards" At first I wasnt really sure what to do but when the guy got in the car and peeled out pulling it around my buddy went off. He started yelling at the manager and then got in the guys face that was driving his car, it was a big scene. I just simply told the manager that he could go f*ck himself and we were on our way. IT was pretty funny acutally. Meineke will never see me again though, (not like I really planned on going there in the first place) But anyway we got the bolt off ourselves with a torch and then installed the y-pipe and buddy loves it so everything worked out. lol What a saga, anyone else ever get yelled at like this by an auto shop? Take Care
Man, unless one of you guys mouthed off at him or something like that, there's just no reason in H-E-L-L for anyone representing ANY business to treat you or your friend's car like that. That's just ridiculous.

That kind of abusive treatment would earn that punk-a$$ manager a formal letter of complaint to the Meineke CEO, if I were on the receiving end.

I don't find that the least bit funny. I would have had steam coming outta my ears, for sure. You seem to be a decent writer, I don't want to come off as a firestarter, but. . .

Corporate Office
Meineke Discount Muffler Shops Inc.
128 South Tryon Street, Ste. 900
Charlotte, NC. 28202
(704)377-8855

Meineke Discount Muffler Shops, Inc.
c/o Customer Relations Department
P. O. Box 32401 Charlotte, NC 28232-2401

http://www.meineke.com/customer/contact.html
Old 02-04-2002, 11:56 PM
SLOW

Holy crap thats incredible. What an a-hole. I went to another big chain muffler shop, Lentz, to have my cat bolts cut off. The GM there was like "hey no prob" and I paid him with a large pizza for lunch. Some people... geez.
Old 02-05-2002, 12:08 AM

Re: Re: Guy at Meineke threw a fit today. we finally got my buddies Y-Pipe on though!!!

Originally posted by KWheelzSB

Man, unless one of you guys mouthed off at him or something like that, there's just no reason in H-E-L-L for anyone representing ANY business to treat you or your friend's car like that. That's just ridiculous.

That kind of abusive treatment would earn that punk-a$$ manager a formal letter of complaint to the Meineke CEO, if I were on the receiving end.

I don't find that the least bit funny. I would have had steam coming outta my ears, for sure. You seem to be a decent writer, I don't want to come off as a firestarter, but. . .

Corporate Office
Meineke Discount Muffler Shops Inc.
128 South Tryon Street, Ste. 900
Charlotte, NC. 28202
(704)377-8855

Meineke Discount Muffler Shops, Inc.
c/o Customer Relations Department
P. O. Box 32401 Charlotte, NC 28232-2401

http://www.meineke.com/customer/contact.html
Hey thanks for the info, I will be writing!!! We hadnt said anything at all when the guy peeled around the corner in my buddies car. Ill make sure something gets done about this. Ill let you all know. Take Care
Old 02-05-2002, 01:19 AM

Re: Re: Re: Guy at Meineke threw a fit today. we finally got my buddies Y-Pipe on though!!!

Originally posted by 97ABMAX

Hey thanks for the info, I will be writing!!! We hadnt said anything at all when the guy peeled around the corner in my buddies car. Ill make sure something gets done about this. Ill let you all know. Take Care
There's no real recourse, since you didn't actually end up doing any business with the shop, but that clown of a manager oughta be put on notice from the "higher-ups" that that kind of treatment of a customer is totally unacceptable, under any circumstance.

Some people just don't belong in service roles. They just DON'T GET IT. Sounds like he should be turning the wrenches, not interacting w/ customers.