4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Subwoofer Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 04:55 PM

Subwoofer Question

Hey everyone. I got a question about subs in the max. I am going to the bayside Expo Center in Boston tommorow with my cousin because he wants some subs. It got me thinking a little. I dont want a big box,amp etc because I dont like losing the space and gaining the weight of it. But my question is this

I have the BOSE setup and was wondering since it has a subwoofer in there anyhow if it can be replaced? I dont know if will work right with the BOSE setup or if it will eevn haev enough power going to it to work right. Just a thought.

If anyone knows I would love to hear it.

Thanks

SuDZ
Old 02-08-2002, 05:24 PM

Re: Subwoofer Question

Originally posted by SuDZ
Hey everyone. I got a question about subs in the max. I am going to the bayside Expo Center in Boston tommorow with my cousin because he wants some subs. It got me thinking a little. I dont want a big box,amp etc because I dont like losing the space and gaining the weight of it. But my question is this

I have the BOSE setup and was wondering since it has a subwoofer in there anyhow if it can be replaced? I dont know if will work right with the BOSE setup or if it will eevn haev enough power going to it to work right. Just a thought.

If anyone knows I would love to hear it.

Thanks

SuDZ
You could put any sub you want in there. if you wanted it to sound good you would need an amp. but if you got the right size speaker it would work fine...but it would only be a more clear sound that what you have...not more bass.

Gary
Old 02-08-2002, 05:33 PM

you really want big sound - u need to get a box and an amp, if u just want an improvement, then get a small sub (RMS wise) and put it where the bose went
Old 02-08-2002, 05:48 PM

Thanks garbear thats what I thought but was just kicking around the idea.

SuDZ
Old 02-08-2002, 06:16 PM

Thanks garbear thats what I thought but was just kicking around the idea.

SuDZ
Old 02-08-2002, 10:00 PM

I just installed the Bazooka EL8HP. It is powered so you dont need an amp. It is also small and sounds great. Check it out.
Old 02-09-2002, 01:44 AM

Re: Subwoofer Question

Originally posted by SuDZ
First off, if you have a 98 you do NOT have a subwoofer in the bose system. If you're going to be getting a sub, you gotta either have an amp, or get one with a built in amp. You also gotta have speaker level inputs so you can tap off the rear speakers. The sound will not be too accurate because the bose system is heavily equalized, but from the sounds of it you arent too serious about listening in the car.