4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Rear Spoiler removal, DIY?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 06:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Rear Spoiler removal, DIY?

im gonna be updateing my rear since i just did the front. The guy whom im buying the trunk from has a spoiler attached to it. Now im not really a fan of spoilers on any cars really except a few. I think maxima is one of the 4th gen maxima is one of the few cars it looks good on, but should i change my mind and want to take it off is it realtivly easy. Im sure i could figure it out, i mainly worried if there are gonna be any holes left in my trunk by this removal?
Old 02-18-2002, 07:52 PM

Re: Rear Spoiler removal, DIY?

Originally posted by Mad Dhan
im gonna be updateing my rear since i just did the front. The guy whom im buying the trunk from has a spoiler attached to it. Now im not really a fan of spoilers on any cars really except a few. I think maxima is one of the 4th gen maxima is one of the few cars it looks good on, but should i change my mind and want to take it off is it realtivly easy. Im sure i could figure it out, i mainly worried if there are gonna be any holes left in my trunk by this removal?
there are going to be some holes that are going to need to be filled after you take that spoiler off...
Old 02-18-2002, 10:40 PM

bump
Old 02-19-2002, 07:52 AM

Re: Rear Spoiler removal, DIY?

I recently took off my rear spoiler for a paint job (you have to take off the panel in the trunk to get at the nuts which hold it in place) and it most definitely has two holes on the trunk which will need to be filled in. In my opinion the spoiler is an absolute necessity in terms of looks. Leave it on and avoid the hassle of filling in trunk holes!
Old 02-19-2002, 07:55 AM
tiedyemaxima

Anyone ever had there spoiler crack where it is attacted to the trunk?

Old 02-19-2002, 08:25 AM

Originally posted by tiedyemaxima
Anyone ever had there spoiler crack where it is attacted to the trunk?
My spoiler was cracked exactly at that attachment to the trunk on the right side (which was the reason for the removal and paint job). Anyway the guys at the body shop glued it back with some kind of epoxy and is now as good as new. This happened because I sometimes would lift and close the trunk by holding the spoiler. Thats a no-no. Wont break on me again.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:49 AM

Re: Re: Rear Spoiler removal, DIY?

Originally posted by Uromax95

I recently took off my rear spoiler for a paint job (you have to take off the panel in the trunk to get at the nuts which hold it in place) and it most definitely has two holes on the trunk which will need to be filled in. In my opinion the spoiler is an absolute necessity in terms of looks. Leave it on and avoid the hassle of filling in trunk holes!
Yeah, i guess ill leave it on.....im gettin a killer deal on the rear trunk and bumer upgrade anyway. only $110 What better is its already painted black so no need to paint
Old 02-19-2002, 03:59 PM

Re: Re: Re: Rear Spoiler removal, DIY?

Yeah, i guess ill leave it on.....im gettin a killer deal on the rear trunk and bumer upgrade anyway. only $110 What better is its already painted black so no need to paint
Thats an incredible deal. Congrats and enjoy!