4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

anyone install the altezzas on their 95 Maximas?? having trouble.....!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 09:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

anyone install the altezzas on their 95 Maximas?? having trouble.....!!!

I started removing the nuts on the left hand side and the light would not budge, Am i missing a bolt somewhere? is there one underneath the bumper,,,,
if you have installed the altezzas yourself please give me a hand... I need help.. I almost cracked the ligths trying to figure it out...
I am tired of all these aftermarket craps that dont come with any instructions.. also where can I get reverse indiglo for a GLE???
thanks guys and I am new to the boardd...

peace....
Old 02-18-2002, 09:17 PM

Re: anyone install the altezzas on their 95 Maximas?? having trouble.....!!!

dude there are 4 screws per piece, thats it, pull like a motha.. there are instructions all over the board under the search
Old 02-18-2002, 09:20 PM

yeah i think there is four screw per piece...and the biatch of them all i think is the lil corner light...watabiatch...also there has been reports of blown fuse...
Old 02-18-2002, 09:29 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by leftfoot
I started removing the nuts on the left hand side and the light would not budge, Am i missing a bolt somewhere? is there one underneath the bumper,,,,
if you have installed the altezzas yourself please give me a hand... I need help.. I almost cracked the ligths trying to figure it out...
I am tired of all these aftermarket craps that dont come with any instructions.. also where can I get reverse indiglo for a GLE???

peace....
Maybe your Maxima is trying to prevent you from turning it into an Impala Imposter with those Altezzas?

On a serious note... there is a bead of black adhesive on the "perimeter" of the taillight housing that sticks into the body. What you need to do is get yourself a heatgun (a hair dryer will suffice) and heat the back of the tail light housing's "perimeter" until the adhesive softens. When the adhesive is nice and soft it will probably take 1/4 the force you've been applying to get those taillights out.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:36 PM

Re: Re: anyone install the altezzas on their 95 Maximas?? having trouble.....!!!

WD-40

Works everytime

-Mike
Old 02-18-2002, 09:41 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: anyone install the altezzas on their 95 Maximas?? having trouble.....!!!

Originally posted by MJM97MAXSE
WD-40

Works everytime

-Mike
Where do you spray the WD-40?
Old 02-18-2002, 10:01 PM

What I did was take a screwdriver, pressed it against the back of the lights, and gently tapped it with a hammer. They came out with no problems. As for reverse indiglos, try E-bay for all your Maxima needs.

DPW
Old 02-19-2002, 12:55 AM

dont listen to them
i had to crawl into my trunk and kick the stock lights out i cracked one set but hey it worked. watch out for the plastic screws provided pure sh*t.
and dont get the blak goo on your clothes
Old 02-19-2002, 03:47 AM

Originally posted by leftfoot

peace....
Hope you got a better quality Altezza set than I did. I got them when they first became available (or at lest soon after) for the Maxima. They were extremely poor build quality and after only 7 months, they are starting to leak now. I am pulling them out tomorrow and putting the stock tails back in. Kinda sad to see them go but I'm not keeping cheap equipment on the car.
Old 02-19-2002, 06:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: anyone install the altezzas on their 95 Maximas?? having trouble.....!!!

Originally posted by amb4081

Hope you got a better quality Altezza set than I did. I got them when they first became available (or at lest soon after) for the Maxima. They were extremely poor build quality and after only 7 months, they are starting to leak now. I am pulling them out tomorrow and putting the stock tails back in. Kinda sad to see them go but I'm not keeping cheap equipment on the car.
I agree, I got mine with the first batch that was made. They look good but the quality is not there. I would recommend you use a silicone sealant to take car of you leak problem. Or clear out you oem tails- I'm considering that also.
Old 02-19-2002, 07:40 AM

Re: Re: Re: anyone install the altezzas on their 95 Maximas?? having trouble.....!!!

Originally posted by HondaKiller718

I agree, I got mine with the first batch that was made. They look good but the quality is not there. I would recommend you use a silicone sealant to take car of you leak problem. Or clear out you oem tails- I'm considering that also.
Yeah...I'd like to clear out the OEM's. But for now, I'm sticking with the stock look. Sleeper, aye?
Old 02-19-2002, 07:52 AM

Originally posted by HondaKiller718

Have they made better seals for the Altezzas? Do they have a seal around them resembling the OEM seal on the factory lights? The seal that came on mine was maybe 1/4 the thickness of the OEM? So I used alot of silicone. I'm glad that the OEM lights will cover over that when I remove the silicone.
Old 02-19-2002, 08:33 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone install the altezzas on their 95 Maximas?? having trouble.....!!!

i got like the first or second pair available, and still havent had any problems, knock on wood
Old 02-19-2002, 09:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone install the altezzas on their 95 Maximas?? having trouble.....!!!

Originally posted by amb4081

Have they made better seals for the Altezzas? Do they have a seal around them resembling the OEM seal on the factory lights? The seal that came on mine was maybe 1/4 the thickness of the OEM? So I used alot of silicone. I'm glad that the OEM lights will cover over that when I remove the silicone.
Yeah, they made them fit alot better. ohh well
Old 02-19-2002, 10:00 AM

huh?

Originally posted by 24KP-I-M-P
dont listen to them
i had to crawl into my trunk and kick the stock lights out i cracked one set but hey it worked. watch out for the plastic screws provided pure sh*t.
and dont get the blak goo on your clothes
did you really do that? or anything of that nature?