4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Another Wire harness BURNT question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 07:06 PM

Another Wire harness BURNT question

I searched the things and it didn't come clear to me...
maybe im stupid...
ok.. I found out that my DRIVER SIDE harness was burnt out.
and I checked for the APC upgrading, but I need the DRIVER SIDE harness to get it upgraded...
People said they about the harness from Autozone? maybe pepboys.
now... here is the question...
Do I cut them all up and tap them in?
how do I know which one is what?
I buy the 9004 one right?
Old 02-19-2002, 08:22 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

See your other thread... cut out old one... resplice new one exactly like the OEM harness.
Old 02-20-2002, 04:04 PM
KCTYPHOON

if you dont wanna buy another driver harness, you really dont have to.. i mean, its only like 3 bucks, i would just buy it and put it on there. the upgraded harness is designed to recieve its on/off signals from the drivers side pigtail from the stock harness. if you got the apc already, you can also just cut off your plug from the passanger side headight and re-install it on the right side. the stock passanger one does not get used when you upgrade the harness. your new harness will come with its own driver/passanger female plugs, and just tells you to just tape up stock passanger one. another thing you could do is just cut off the male harness from the apc (the one that would plug into your factory driver plug) and just use butt connectors to tap in rather than the plugs. another harness is also available from suvlights.com . its the same as the apc, but cheaper. thats what i have and i havent had a problem with it yet.