4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Some idiot scuffed my bumper in the parkinglot!!...AHHH

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 02:19 PM
ExcelonGT

Some idiot scuffed my bumper in the parkinglot!!...AHHH

Aright..I came out of class today to find my a big scuff mark on the left corner of the rear bumper. Looks like the A$$wipe that tried to park next to me swung wide or something. Wuts the best way about fixing it myself? the paint is scrapped off but other than that the bumper is fine. Will a rubbing compund or something like that work? Also...I'm thinking about getting a tint job done. I want all the windows (except windshield of course) tinted lightly. I know here in NJ, it is illegal to tint the front windows but i'm gonna take my chances and get it done lightly and hope the cops wont harrass me. I've got one estimate so far...$249. Sounds a little steep for me. Let me know what you guys paid...thanks.

Old 03-01-2002, 02:25 PM
I need a truck

Re: Some idiot scuffed my bumper in the parkinglot!!...AHHH

well i don't know about the bumper but you said you live in Jersey, well on staten island you can get the windows tinted for about $180, i got mine tinted for 165 over the summer, but since then the prices went up ... if you want PM me and i'll give you the names of a couple of places that will you could check out
Old 03-01-2002, 02:44 PM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by ExcelonGT
Aright..I came out of class today to find my a big scuff mark on the left corner of the rear bumper. Looks like the A$$wipe that tried to park next to me swung wide or something. Wuts the best way about fixing it myself? the paint is scrapped off but other than that the bumper is fine. Will a rubbing compund or something like that work? Also...I'm thinking about getting a tint job done. I want all the windows (except windshield of course) tinted lightly. I know here in NJ, it is illegal to tint the front windows but i'm gonna take my chances and get it done lightly and hope the cops wont harrass me. I've got one estimate so far...$249. Sounds a little steep for me. Let me know what you guys paid...thanks.
I used to work at a detail/tint/alarm shop in south jersey (in 1999)and a tint job for all 4 windows would typically run anywhere between $180 and $200. I never got pulled over for my windows, but I had Bronze tint and I only had 35% on the front windows. I suggest 20% at the DARKEST. You know as well as I do what D!CKS NJ cops typically are about little stuff like that.
Old 03-01-2002, 06:15 PM

Which one?

Old 03-01-2002, 06:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I recommend 3M compound, it costs more but dosen't haze the paint like the cheaper compounds do. Meguiars Scratch-X has worked good for me on scuffs. You want to use the least abrasive product possible. Also don't use this stuff in direct sunlight. The surface of your car must be cool to the touch.
Old 03-01-2002, 06:59 PM

Let me know what you guys paid...thanks.
I paid $211 after tax, tinted 7 windows (all except windshield).

Did it at Ziebart, 35% with lifetime warranty. (Ziebart was having a tint special because business was slow in Jan/Feb, got $40 off).
Old 03-01-2002, 10:05 PM
MaximaFreak

Re: Which one?

Originally posted by BRIGBOY
If you are talking to me ... and it seems you are ... I used to work at Auto Magic in Glassboro, NJ while I was at Rowan University. Ever heard of Auto Magic?
Old 03-01-2002, 10:55 PM

that same thing happened to me on thursday
Old 03-01-2002, 11:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Some idiot scuffed my bumper in the parkinglot!!...AHHH

Originally posted by tabridge5

that same thing happened to me on thursday
Someone a couple of weeks ago put a barely visible dent on my front fender and scuffed the paint on my bumper.

Insurance is classifying it as a hit and run (my rates won't go up) and sending me a check for $1000

I think I may have better things to do with it then get a barely visible dent taken out. I can probably have someone do it for $200 anyway.

The body shop I went to wanted to strip and repaint the bumper and completely replace the fender. It was funny because when I first walked in, they said "no problem" and started talking about buffing it out.

Then I mentioned insurance and they wrote me an estimate for $1100....heh

And the scratchees will buff out, I'm 90% sure.

IanS
Old 03-02-2002, 08:18 PM
Producto Colombiano

[i]Looks like the A$$wipe that tried to park next to me swung wide or something. . [/B]

same sh*t happened to me about 4 months ago. at my work we have to park are cars in a parking garage, with those tight a$$ spaces, and since i started working there 2 years ago i have had my front bumper scuffed on the left and right side, and on the back left bumper. i'm not going to fix the front because i plan on doing the 95/96>97/99 front end conversion, but the back i just might have to buff it out and if that dosen't work, new paint job.

btw i got all my windows tinted 35% in CT for a total of $130, with lifetime warranty. i didn't get them 20% b/c cops in CT are also d*cks.