4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Cant get new power seats to work? Am i missing a fuse or something?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2002 | 09:49 PM

Cant get new power seats to work? Am i missing a fuse or something?

I just picked up some new leather seats today that are power. I had nonpower seats in there before. I know the seats work, but the harness isnt giving them any power. Is ther a fuse that was not factory installed b/c it came w/o power? I dont get it? I tried search but only got some info on some one runing a lead from the battery to the seat harness its self. Wouldnt tht drain the battery with out using a relay to just have it supply power when the car is on? Thanks for the help.
Old 03-14-2002 | 04:34 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Well, look at the fuse box and see if there is a slot for a power seat fuse...and see if there's a fuse there.
Old 03-14-2002 | 05:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Cant get new power seats to work? Am i missing a fuse or something?

Originally posted by fsumax
I just picked up some new leather seats today that are power. I had nonpower seats in there before. I know the seats work, but the harness isnt giving them any power. Is ther a fuse that was not factory installed b/c it came w/o power? I dont get it? I tried search but only got some info on some one runing a lead from the battery to the seat harness its self. Wouldnt tht drain the battery with out using a relay to just have it supply power when the car is on? Thanks for the help.
I had the same problem, and it is not a fuse your missing, but a circuit breaker. If you have any sort of wiring diagram for the car you should be able to locate it. It is behind the kickpanel all the way at the front of the car... near the firewall. It is kinda hard to see, so bring a flashlight. Remember this is not a fuse, you will either need to jump it with a piece of wire, or go out and pick up this circuit breaker. If I can be of any more assistance, let me know.

-Del
Old 03-14-2002 | 08:05 AM

Wire manual

What up del,it'd lee, Does the Haynes repair book have a wire diagram in it or is it only in the shop manual. Do you have one. Del, I hope your feeling better. Maxi.
Old 03-14-2002 | 08:26 AM

I had the same problem when I bought my power leather seats and tried to get them to work. I had non-power cloth seats previously. What needed to be done (ny96max did the job for me at his shop) was to run a 10 guage wire straight off the battery, through the firewall, to each harness under the seats. The harnesses are there, but they dont get power. There may be another way, but this is what he did, and it worked great. I believe he added a fuse in the line too.
Old 03-14-2002 | 09:19 AM

Originally posted by araffio
I had the same problem when I bought my power leather seats and tried to get them to work. I had non-power cloth seats previously. What needed to be done (ny96max did the job for me at his shop) was to run a 10 guage wire straight off the battery, through the firewall, to each harness under the seats. The harnesses are there, but they dont get power. There may be another way, but this is what he did, and it worked great. I believe he added a fuse in the line too.
This was way too much work... but definitely an easy solution. I had to do the same thing just to get the seats to adjust in order for me to be able to drive it home from the spot I bought them at. The circuit breaker thing keeps the OEM wiring and just "Activates" it.
Old 03-14-2002 | 09:21 AM

Re: Wire manual

Originally posted by maxi-milliyon
What up del,it'd lee, Does the Haynes repair book have a wire diagram in it or is it only in the shop manual. Do you have one. Del, I hope your feeling better. Maxi.
much... but still way too tired. I need to feel much better so I can start modding again. Thanks for the good wishes though
Old 03-14-2002 | 09:38 AM

Del

It's go to hear that. But Del you forgot to answer my question
Maxi
Old 03-14-2002 | 01:20 PM

Re: Del

Originally posted by maxi-milliyon
It's go to hear that. But Del you forgot to answer my question
Maxi
My bad... I don't have the Haynes book, but I do have the Chiltons, and that has a pretty decent set of wiring diagrams, I also have a full set of wiring diagrams that a friend of mine was able to get me when he worked at a High end Car Electronics store, and these things rock the house.