4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I30t vs. SHO

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2002, 04:19 PM
JsL

I30t vs. SHO

It was about 11:30pm sat night on Sunset bvld. in San Francisco. Im in my 1998 I30t auto(wish it was 5spd) with my heavy a$$ stock Infiniti touring rims. My car is stock except for a K&N drop in and my San Jose State U sticker on my back window which is equivilent to a v2 Supercharger and NOS. I was driving the speed of traffic, not to fast not too slow. I am a dam slow driver on the streets and I SIGNAL. But don't go 65 in the fast lane on the freeway...that ****es me off...cuz i go 90 on the freeway.

I see a car a block behind going pretty fast. When he finally gets to me on my left, he floors it and "takes off" then slows down. I know what was up and he had a friend with a video camera taping also in the passenger seat. He had 2 ppl in his car and i did too, i was with my best friend. He had a 96/97? Taurus SHO cuz he had a 24v emblem on his sides, SHO emprinted on his bumper, factory mesh rims and dual exhaust. I just got going from a red light, so i was going about 20mph and slowly accelerating. Well, i wouldn't have raced if i was going like 37mph or so cuz 1st gear shifts at 40. Don't mess with auto maximas or I30s when they are going 20, 60 or 90 they pull HARD. I floored it and he floored it about 1/2 sec later (i was behind him when i floored it). OMG...imagine u walking and i was running at the same time. I pulled on him BAD. Got up to 65 mph or so and looked back, dam, he was like 3-4 car lengths behind me, no lie. So i let off cuz why bother and Sunset bvld has hella cops sumtimes.

I drive normal again, and he eventually passes me. I see a red light coming up and he slows down really soon and i come to a complete stop at the next light. He was still rolling cuz i guess he wanted a moving start and thats why he slowed down way before the intersection. I step on the brake and when the other light turns yellow I continue stepping on the brake and rev my engine to like 1200rpm (feel bad i did that to my tranny). We go again and he had a little rolling start while i was at a complete stop. I did't peel out, good, but when i was going over the MUNI tracks, tires slipped a little. Again, imagine you walking and me running. I pull on him BAD. I went up to like 70 or so and let off and flash my blinkers this time. He was 3-4 car length behind. He eventually passes me and he stops at the next light behind a car in the left lane, and i go into the right lane cuz it was open.

I drive normal in the right lane, change over to the middle lane and i hear him flooring it and cutting over to the left lane and try to catch up to me. He catches up to me while i was in the middle lane, pulls up to my right floors it and lets off. He was ahead and i floor it and 1/2 sec later, he floors it. Again, my example, he was walking and i was running. Got up to like 65 or so and I let off. He was 3-4 car length behind me. I slow down cuz Lake Merced turns were comming up and the road is broken with hecka potholes. He passes me and goes pretty fast around the turns, not smart. I continue to drive normal until i see him like a min later, turning into the Park Merced apartments. I'm pretty sure he had his camera on the whole time, so i can't wait to see him post it. I hope he does. Keep a look out for the video SHO vs. I30t...lol JsL
Old 03-17-2002, 04:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You know ... I'm pretty sure the story is pretty interesting ... but it got lost in the huge block of text with no breaks.
Old 03-17-2002, 04:25 PM
JsL

sorry...
Old 03-17-2002, 04:30 PM
I need a truck

Originally posted by JsL
sorry...
yeah same here ... if you edit the message and put in a few breaks it'll be easier to read
Old 03-17-2002, 05:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=104519