4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

custom interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 08:11 AM

custom interior

hey guys,

I did my own custom dash interior, haha all i did was put vynil sticker on the dash peices it looked good, it got a lot of compliments but now the sticker in a couple of places is peeling off and its starting to look like a poor riceboys civic interior lol you know what i mean
now my question i wanna take the sticker off and paint the dash. what should i do? what kinda a paint should i use? i have a pearl white maxima and i wanna get it as close to body color as possible.

does anyone have any ideas?

thanx in advance
Old 03-24-2002, 10:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Rip that vinyl off you are giving Maxs a bad name!!!

Just playin'. There are special interior dash sprays you can buy to paint your dash. You should use these as they are absorbed in the dash unlike normal spray paint and they will not chip off easily. I think FoliaTec makes them, if not check on Nopi.com I'm sure they have it. I have seen some really beautiful dashes made of this stuff, but none of Maximas . I also think you should do white because the car that comes to mind on this topic is a white Eclipse with a white dash I saw. They weren't at all a perfect match but nobody can tell and they take it as a material difference (and the painted body is shiny), so it looks like they match. Good luck, I know some people with beige interiors have tried spraying them black and didn't have good results, but that doesn't mean you won't.
-Cyrus
Old 03-24-2002, 09:25 PM

thanx for ur input i appreciate it but..

i dont htink were talking about the same thing
im talking about the smooth dash part where the radio is and AC im talking about those peices and the little vents and shhhhht i took those all off and put sticker on them but now i wanna paint them
im thinking all i can do is sand them down and prime them and then paint them and then clear coat them i wanna make it look like a piece of the car is on the dash u know what i mean

thanx in advance
Old 03-24-2002, 09:45 PM
Sports Button FTW

changing color

i'm thinking about changing color of my interior...i have all beige inside (leather) and all and beige outside. I might make door pannals/door (except car lock thing and handle) black by replacing them wit ones from another black maxima...wondering if that would look good...what u guys think? what's the best color combo inside car when outside is beige?
Old 03-25-2002, 12:03 AM

Re: changing color

Originally posted by meccanoble
i'm thinking about changing color of my interior...i have all beige inside (leather) and all and beige outside. I might make door pannals/door (except car lock thing and handle) black by replacing them wit ones from another black maxima...wondering if that would look good...what u guys think? what's the best color combo inside car when outside is beige?
I think black interior looks a lot better with a beige car, beige on beige is just too much beige I say get the black interior. Take Care
Old 03-25-2002, 09:41 AM

i have a beige(champagne, thank you vey much) max, and my interior is black leather. It looks really good that way. The only problem is that it soaks up the heat in the summer. And I don't think i have to tell you, but don't sit on it in shorts.
Old 03-25-2002, 11:52 AM

Originally posted by stino4life
thanx for ur input i appreciate it but..

i dont htink were talking about the same thing
im talking about the smooth dash part where the radio is and AC im talking about those peices and the little vents and shhhhht i took those all off and put sticker on them but now i wanna paint them
im thinking all i can do is sand them down and prime them and then paint them and then clear coat them i wanna make it look like a piece of the car is on the dash u know what i mean

thanx in advance
i knwo exactly what your talking about....i wanna paint those peices same as my body color...i think that would look nice....i have the aluminum dash kit right now with black interior i liek the look but if i could do it all over again id rahter get it painted to match my body color......take care and post some pix when u get those peices painted