4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

got pulled over today for.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 01:51 PM

got pulled over today for.....

this mornign around 115 i was leaving my friends house and i drive past a cop...i woke up about 15 min before i started heading home so i wasnt driving fast still a lil tired and i was tkaing my time...n e way i drive by this cop around 45 mph in a 55 he pulls out and i was the only one on the road so i knew he was going after me....well i was wearing my seatbelt and i wasnt speeding so i really wanst sure what i was gonna get pulled over for. n e way he pulls me over after about 2 min of following me and he asks me why i have tints...so i make up an excuse and he is like well id ont give warnings for those i am gonna write up a citation....i was so ****ed...my tints r really really really light....i think its the lightest kind u cna get..besides i have been pulled over about 5 times b4 this cop and he is the only one who said anything about my tints....it just ****es me off that i got a ticekts for that....i really think that cops need to sometimes re think what they r giving a ticket for....
Old 03-24-2002, 02:10 PM
JsL

That sucks. But the cop was just doing his job.
Old 03-24-2002, 02:24 PM

Originally posted by JsL
That sucks. But the cop was just doing his job.
yeah ur telling me...i swear this just adds to the lsit of bad things that happaned this weekend...what a nice way to end it....
Old 03-24-2002, 02:26 PM

What's the law in your area? I would fight the ticket...it's TOTALLY worth the effort...especially if the judge agrees with you and not the cop...really, other than time, you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

I fought a B.S. ticket for "following to close" and won -- DAMN it felt good!!!

-FLO_BOY
Old 03-24-2002, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by FLO_BOY
What's the law in your area? I would fight the ticket...it's TOTALLY worth the effort...especially if the judge agrees with you and not the cop...really, other than time, you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

I fought a B.S. ticket for "following to close" and won -- DAMN it felt good!!!

-FLO_BOY
i live in illinois and i htink the law is that u caant have tine on teh front 3 windows....but im on probation...that doesnt mean i wanna fight it but how am i gonna fight it??? what excuse am i gonna come up with?
Old 03-24-2002, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by hockeyghst

i live in illinois and i htink the law is that u caant have tine on teh front 3 windows....but im on probation...that doesnt mean i wanna fight it but how am i gonna fight it??? what excuse am i gonna come up with?
maybe you can explain that you weren't aware of the tint laws in the state because no other cop has ever said anything to you before and that if you can get it reduced, you will get it fixed
Old 03-24-2002, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by 97BlackMax

maybe you can explain that you weren't aware of the tint laws in the state because no other cop has ever said anything to you before and that if you can get it reduced, you will get it fixed
Dont do that, thats a guaranteed loss. "Ignorance to the law is no excuse."

Just show up for court and if he doesnt you automatically win. If he does ask for a postponement and maybe he wont show the next time. If he does show you have lots of options to try to beat it. Did he use a machine to tell what %? If not how does he know its "too" dark? etc etc. How long has he been using those machines, did he put it on all 4 windows etc etc etc....Go to the dmv website and get the law for tints in your state. Let us know how it goes
Old 03-24-2002, 02:48 PM

around here cops cant pull you over for your tint. they have to pull you over for a moviing violation and then they can give you a ticket for your tint. but since (according to you) the cop's only problem with you was your tint make sure that the cop didnt break any rules in IL by pulling you over for your merely for your tints.
Old 03-24-2002, 03:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Surprised you just got a ticket for your tints and nothing else. I don't get the law against tints in the first place. I know they are so the cop can see into the car if they pull over but why don't they make the law that you have to roll down your windows when pulled over and that if you have tints and you don't you can be considered a dangerous threat.
Old 03-24-2002, 03:43 PM

When you had the car inspected was anything said about your tint may can say that in court
Old 03-24-2002, 05:13 PM

did he use a tint meter?
Old 03-24-2002, 06:40 PM

The cop is probably going to use the excuse that he pulled you over for something else such as checking your seatbelt or since you were driving below the speed limit so late at night, he may have thought you were drunk. In any case, he is going to find an excuse to get himself off for making a mistake. Your best bet is to call your local courthouse and try to appeal to the judge before the courtdate and maybe the judge will throw it out.
Old 03-24-2002, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by NightRider
The cop is probably going to use the excuse that he pulled you over for something else such as checking your seatbelt or since you were driving below the speed limit so late at night, he may have thought you were drunk. In any case, he is going to find an excuse to get himself off for making a mistake. Your best bet is to call your local courthouse and try to appeal to the judge before the courtdate and maybe the judge will throw it out.
cops arent allowed to pull you over just for your seatbelt either, in VA at least :-) ....at least thats how it used to be. but i get your point

by the way, a tint meter isnt an issue in this case. in hus state you arent allowed to have any tint on the front windows whatsoever. so if he had any at all there was no need for the cop to use a meter.
Old 03-24-2002, 09:46 PM

Originally posted by NightRider
so i cna call the courthouse and talk to a judge and tell them my situation....and then he or she might jsut say...ok ill throw the ticket out...????????is that what ur trying to say????

when he pulled me over he said...y dont u have a front license plate....then i said...my odl one broke and i ordered a new one fron nissan and i havent gotten it yet....he said ok fine ill give u a warning on that....then he talked about the tints....so he prolly argue it and say that he pulled me voer for not having a front license plate on...
Old 03-25-2002, 05:34 AM

let me get this straight... in illinois you cant tint the front driver side window or the passenger side window...but you can tint your backseat window and the rear window....that is stupid and who ever made that law needs a major beating....
Old 03-25-2002, 06:16 AM

That's right! It's an idiotic law. I want to tint my window 3% on my black car with black interior. That way, I can do reckless stuff and when I get pulled over, and a police officer comes to my window, he can't see in, and then I can pull a gun and shoot him in the head and he won't even know it's coming!

Haha! That'll show them dumb cops who's boss! Dumb laws always ruin it for us criminal types!

Originally posted by euromaxima
let me get this straight... in illinois you cant tint the front driver side window or the passenger side window...but you can tint your backseat window and the rear window....that is stupid and who ever made that law needs a major beating....
Old 03-25-2002, 06:50 AM
www.autotalk.com

Same $#it happened to me last night. coming out of walmart at night i was waiting for the light to turn green so i can make a left. This cop was passing by on the road and all of a sudden pulls in the turn lane and waits. When my light is green i go ahead a take a left and all of a sudden the police officer makes a u turn and turns his lights on! Then asks for lisence and insurance and goes is this your car? ofcourse it is sir! anwyas.. then he goes what percent are your tints. I said they are 30% then he goes OH REALLY? roll up your windows and puts this device on it that reads 25-26-27. so the cop is like oh this is 25% and that is ILLEGAL! goes back to his car and takes another 5 min and comes back with the ticket. I was sooo ****ed that i wasnt even doing anything wrong and i got a ticket for this tint BS!

Sorry for this long post just had to vent it

Any suggestions how i can fight it??? i dont think so.
Old 03-25-2002, 06:54 AM
www.autotalk.com

Originally posted by clee130
That's right! It's an idiotic law. I want to tint my window 3% on my black car with black interior. That way, I can do reckless stuff and when I get pulled over, and a police officer comes to my window, he can't see in, and then I can pull a gun and shoot him in the head and he won't even know it's coming!

Haha! That'll show them dumb cops who's boss! Dumb laws always ruin it for us criminal types!

tinting 3% is a different story and gettnig a ticket for 26% tint when the law says 32% is BS! he was freakin jealous. I hope he keeps his job and lives a long healthy life is all i care
Old 03-25-2002, 07:00 AM

When he asked you what % were your tints, you shoulda been like "For What reason did you pull me over? then if he asked u again you should have said I dont know it came with the car.
Go to court if he shows, ask for a postponement.etc etc......
Old 03-25-2002, 07:10 AM

Do I have to say it everyday? You call a cop a derogratory name like "Mr. D**khead", you make a stupid moronic generalization that "99% of cops are plain losers", you say dumb stupid crap like that, and a thread gets locked.

I've already had to edit one comment in this thread for being blatantly ignorant. Unfortunatly, most of you can't seem to tell that when a cop pulls you over, he is just doing his job. He doesn't make up the laws, he just enforces them.

I'm going to edit some of your posts. You don't like it? Don't make stupid comments. I know not all police officers are on the straight and narrow. But I don't make broad generalizations.

Any further generalizations or calling cops names will result in this thread being locked. On top of that, wishing harm on another person, especially a police officer who goes out and protects you and your family and the community is just plain stupid and immature.

Geez, I sound like a broken record.
Old 03-25-2002, 07:19 AM

I was commenting on his thought about the law being stupid. And I was using sarcasm to do it.

Just in case you didn't understand my sarcasm, when criminals have black cars with superdark tint, police cannot see guns being drawn and therefore were getting shot. That's why front tint is illegal.

But then again, from your unedited post, I could see that a police officer getting shot by a drug dealer and leaving his wife and children and family members devastated would be perfectly fine with you.

Originally posted by Max4Speed
tinting 3% is a different story and gettnig a ticket for 26% tint when the law says 32% is BS! he was freakin jealous. I hope he keeps his job and lives a long healthy life is all i care
Old 03-25-2002, 07:23 AM
www.autotalk.com

I am still firm on my comment that u edited! they dont have right to live. The main reason is that i have gotten pulled over 5 times before and none of the cops noticed my tints? caz they are not dark at all! but i guess that particular cop fits perfectly for my ORGINAL comment!
Old 03-25-2002, 07:29 AM

[golf clap]

Everyone give Max4Speed a round of applause!

He's the reason this thread is now locked!

[/golf clap]