4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My maxima was stolen

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 01:17 PM

My maxima was stolen

Just wanted to tell you that I'm having a very bad day because someone stole my car this morning. I am sooo pi$$ed off right now. The cops aren't even looking for it. At least I have a fighting chance of getting a 2002 now. maybe. I am now jealous of all 4th gen owners!!!!!
Old 03-27-2002, 01:49 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Re: My maxima was stolen

Originally posted by jaxima
Just wanted to tell you that I'm having a very bad day because someone stole my car this morning. I am sooo pi$$ed off right now. The cops aren't even looking for it. At least I have a fighting chance of getting a 2002 now. maybe. I am now jealous of all 4th gen owners!!!!!
That sucks... Hopefully they find it relatively unharmed or a complete write off so you can apply it towards a new '02 Maxima
Old 03-27-2002, 01:50 PM

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out in the end.

SuDZ
Old 03-27-2002, 03:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Jaxima, sorry to read about your Max being stolen. Best wishes.
Old 03-27-2002, 03:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Old 03-27-2002, 04:21 PM
I need a truck

man that really sucks ... sorry
Old 03-28-2002, 11:20 AM

Jaxima...really sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you get your baby back and in good condition. Hopefully it was just a joy ride for these Bas.....ds and it will turn up in a parking lot somewhere. Since I have become an Org member I have become very sensitive to the stolen Maxima threads being started by our members experiencing this horrific situation. I guess no vehicle is safe. My question to everyone out there is: Does anyone have statistics on how many missing in action Maximas are drive-aways, or tow-aways. Perhaps a poll of members who have had their Maxies taken would help. Tow aways are tough to prevent, but we must be able to do something to disable our cars in a foolproof manner. I haven't done a kill switch but I have a trick with the electrical system which disables the engine completely until the component is reinstalled. Most theives don't carry spare components with them. So they will never drive it away.

I do this religeously at shopping mall, airport overnight, public events and anytime I feel uncomfortable or do not know the area well.

Best regards to you Jaxima
Old 03-28-2002, 11:28 AM

Re: Re: My maxima was stolen

Originally posted by Mark Reilly

Jaxima...really sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you get your baby back and in good condition. Hopefully it was just a joy ride for these Bas.....ds and it will turn up in a parking lot somewhere. Since I have become an Org member I have become very sensitive to the stolen Maxima threads being started by our members experiencing this horrific situation. I guess no vehicle is safe. My question to everyone out there is: Does anyone have statistics on how many missing in action Maximas are drive-aways, or tow-aways. Perhaps a poll of members who have had their Maxies taken would help. Tow aways are tough to prevent, but we must be able to do something to disable our cars in a foolproof manner. I haven't done a kill switch but I have a trick with the electrical system which disables the engine completely until the component is reinstalled. Most theives don't carry spare components with them. So they will never drive it away.

I do this religeously at shopping mall, airport overnight, public events and anytime I feel uncomfortable or do not know the area well.

Best regards to you Jaxima
Some people remove the fuse for the fuel filter so that they wont get much further than 15 feet or so if they try to drive it away before it dies, which may prevent them from trying any more. But as far as towing it out an area I mean there really is nothing you can do because they wont know it isnt running until they get the car to wherever is stripping it anyhow.

SuDZ
Old 03-28-2002, 02:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: My maxima was stolen

Originally posted by SuDZ

Some people remove the fuse for the fuel filter so that they wont get much further than 15 feet or so if they try to drive it away before it dies, which may prevent them from trying any more. But as far as towing it out an area I mean there really is nothing you can do because they wont know it isnt running until they get the car to wherever is stripping it anyhow.

SuDZ
lol, im sure they carry their own fuses around.
Old 03-28-2002, 05:01 PM

Man, that really sucks, sorry to hear.
Old 03-28-2002, 07:13 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: My maxima was stolen

Originally posted by SuDZ

Some people remove the fuse for the fuel filter so that they wont get much further than 15 feet or so if they try to drive it away before it dies, which may prevent them from trying any more.
SuDZ
It is kind of a pain to take out and put back the fuse out each time you park the car...

Wouldn't it be a cool idea to hook up a simple toggle switch to the fuel filter fuse line--one that is relatively concealed and that you only know about. Park your car, flick the switch... you are good to go. I think car thieves wouldn't stick around to troubleshoot why the car died shortly after startup.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:23 PM

Where you located? where was it stolen?
was there any broken glass?

PS
Most cars are not towed away, but the scredriver is driven into the lock and the car is boosted.
Alarm is easy to bypass.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:39 PM

Ya it would be cool....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mishmosh
[B]

Wouldn't it be a cool idea to hook up a simple toggle switch to the fuel filter fuse line--one that is relatively concealed and that you only know about. Park your car, flick the switch... you are good to go.

Ya real good to go unless you fry your ECU tryin to wire it up cause you were too ******. >^<

Be careful, dont tap that relay without knowin what your doing! Or it may cost ya $1000 and an earful from the head mechanic at your local dealership.