4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

most fun highway drive ever!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 03:06 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

most fun highway drive ever!

I go to UC Davis in Cali, which is about 1.5 hours away from where I live. Anyway, I was on my way back to campus and my spring break is still only halfway done! Why you ask? Well, dumb UPS didn't ship on their posted delivery date....guess what they were shipping? Fog lights! woo hoo.

Anyway, I'm back because I really couldn't wait any longer to install my fogs As I was saying though, on my way back, from around 9-11, I noticed someone behind me with a very white and intense high beam, lighting the WHOLE lane between me and him. I thought to myself, "wow, looks really good." As it came closer, I started getting this feeling...do I recognize this car? Well, once it got close enough (tailing me) I made out the huge 2002 emblem and concluded it was a Max. We got to the toll station...unluckily for me I chose a slow lane, so he ended up coming out about 5 seconds ahead. But once I paid, I gunned it to around 5k and chased him. I dunno what got into me, usually I don't have start highway chases such as these. For some reason though, this guy really gave me this "lets go" feeling...maybe because of the way he was driving (agressive and fast). And man, even though we were crusing by the few cars that were on the road, it was really exhilerating. I realized he had an SE, and it really had a lot of pep. I stayed far back enough so that he wouldn't really feel threatened or provoked, but then again, he must have noticed me because he kept speeding up and weaving a bit. It was fun because I was keeping up pretty easily and it feels nice to just pass by other cars without an effort, especially on this portion of the freeway where it became a low but long incline.

What really caught my eye while I was stickin' with him was his HID headlights. Man, they look really awesome, just like a BMW when seen from behind. Just this really wide cone that was in front of the car. Anyway, to make this long story shorter, after weaving a bit more, I found a lucky opening and he got trapped, and then I just made the rest of the way alone.

Now that I think about it, the way he was on my tail eariler on kinda made me anxious to do this same once he was ahead. I have AGXs, and I was testing out the stability on a slightly harsh road which curved into the bridge. I took the turn pretty quickly, but then, right behind me, I see the 2k2 max right behind me, not losing any speed at all (usually other cars would take a turn that quickly). And it surprised me, and it turned out to be a really fun night. Oh, and I could finally know what people with RSBs are talkin about when they describe how their car becomes "tail happy" heheh.

The drive tonight was better than any other because it's rare that I would do anything like this. For the first time, a highway drive was truly exhilerating.
Old 03-29-2002, 06:39 AM

You left a spring break vacation for fog lights?

Interesting.
Old 03-29-2002, 06:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by thrustinj
You left a spring break vacation for fog lights?

Interesting.
I can understand that!