4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Possibly a new 4th gen Body kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 03:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Possibly a new 4th gen Body kit

I found this while going through the April 2K2 #037 issue of Import Tuner. See image below of the Acura CL and caption underneath. Being a fan of the cyber style bumpers, my eyes just lit up when I found out it's availible for a 4th gen Maxima. I tried making several attempts to contact www.jtautostyle.com (they are the ones who ran the ad) in hopes of getting more details and pricing as well as possibly establishing a group deal. Unfortunately, I had no such luck. If anyone here could reach them, let me know as I would love to find out more about this kit. The phone # is (626) 571-2638 and the web addy is above. Let me know what you find. Perhaps this will add another kit to our very limited choices.

Old 04-07-2002, 03:31 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

95-97 ...make sure they get the years right first before they start selling body kits.
Old 04-07-2002, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by amixam98
95-97 ...make sure they get the years right first before they start selling body kits.
Yeah, I wondered about that too... I'm guessing since it's a full replacement front bumper, 95-96 or 97+ won't be an issue. Well, only they know for sure so hopefully someone on the org can get some answers.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:07 PM

Re: Possibly a new 4th gen Body kit

that kit is way to aggressive but hey another choice i guess
Old 04-07-2002, 10:42 PM

I am an authorized dealer for JT Autostyle, so if anyone wants the kit, let me know. It is a full front and rear bumper replacement, and sideskirts and fits '95-99 Maximas. Everything is fiberglass, and it is very aggressive. I know a few people with the kit, but they don't want to show pics because their cars are not done yet.

Retail pricing is $1100. My normal price would be $950, and if anybody really wants a group deal, I could do it for $850 for 5 or more people. Shipping is another $150 because it's a big kit.

I almost got this kit 12 months ago, but they weren't ready yet. They were still working on fitment issues. They use a high quality fiberglass. My girlfriend's Integra has a JT Autostyle kit, and the fit/finish/thickness is much better than on my Sarona kit.

Does that answer everybody's questions? If you have any more, email me at sales@ap-signworks.com

Originally posted by klubjunkee

Yeah, I wondered about that too... I'm guessing since it's a full replacement front bumper, 95-96 or 97+ won't be an issue. Well, only they know for sure so hopefully someone on the org can get some answers.
Old 04-07-2002, 11:14 PM

Originally posted by Shadow
I am an authorized dealer for JT Autostyle, so if anyone wants the kit, let me know. It is a full front and rear bumper replacement, and sideskirts and fits '95-99 Maximas. Everything is fiberglass, and it is very aggressive. I know a few people with the kit, but they don't want to show pics because their cars are not done yet.

Retail pricing is $1100. My normal price would be $950, and if anybody really wants a group deal, I could do it for $850 for 5 or more people. Shipping is another $150 because it's a big kit.

I almost got this kit 12 months ago, but they weren't ready yet. They were still working on fitment issues. They use a high quality fiberglass. My girlfriend's Integra has a JT Autostyle kit, and the fit/finish/thickness is much better than on my Sarona kit.

Does that answer everybody's questions? If you have any more, email me at sales@ap-signworks.com

will we be able to buy the parts separately? like, can we just get the rear bumper? what are the prices for that?
Old 04-07-2002, 11:20 PM

Let me check on the individual pricing. I'm not sure yet, I was just quoted a price for the entire kit. Thanks.

Originally posted by Nismo

will we be able to buy the parts separately? like, can we just get the rear bumper? what are the prices for that?
Old 04-07-2002, 11:25 PM

Originally posted by Shadow
Let me check on the individual pricing. I'm not sure yet, I was just quoted a price for the entire kit. Thanks.

Please do I will be deffinetely interested if it looks good (any pics of it?).

BTW, any info on when your kit is ready?
Old 04-08-2002, 01:13 AM

Is there any fitment problems with this kit like prople say they had with the Sarona kit?
Old 04-08-2002, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by Nismo

SHADOW,

Could we get like a GD for just the front? Also, Shadow; if you could just get us a pic of the rear even if it's on a CL so @ least we have an idea. Oh and I'm guessing there's no use for our corners so will the signals have to be rewired? Too bad there's no pic on the kit on a max. BTW, how's your type-II wing coming along Shadow? Thanks.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:34 AM

I will see what I can do. I'm also working on getting a pic from the Maxima. I've contacted the person with the kit, and he's sending me pics when he gets his car done. It's still in the body shop getting a lot of custom work done.

Type II is still scheduled for early May.

Originally posted by klubjunkee

SHADOW,

Could we get like a GD for just the front? Also, Shadow; if you could just get us a pic of the rear even if it's on a CL so @ least we have an idea. Oh and I'm guessing there's no use for our corners so will the signals have to be rewired? Too bad there's no pic on the kit on a max. BTW, how's your type-II wing coming along Shadow? Thanks.
Old 04-09-2002, 09:10 AM

Shadow'
Any idea what the back of the kit looks like. I'm really interested in getting this kit (within a week or two) if the back looks good.
Thanks
nparker@apollo-hvac.com
Old 04-09-2002, 10:34 AM

Originally posted by SLICNIC
Shadow'
Any idea what the back of the kit looks like. I'm really interested in getting this kit (within a week or two) if the back looks good.
Thanks
nparker@apollo-hvac.com
Yeah I am wondering the same thing. In this picture they dont show the back. If the back still looks good I might become more intrested.

SuDZ
Old 04-12-2002, 04:32 PM

Hey guys, I'm a newbie but I've been checking out this site and the forums for over a year now. I finally got a Maxima. It was between a 95-97 Maxima and the 95 Acura Legend Coupe. Well the coupe wasn't available but my friend talked me into getting a Maxima since there was so much more you could do to customize one plus it was faster. I've been looking for a body kit for my Max. I've seen all the ones available on this board. Some are of them are dissapointing, but this one looks promising.
I just called the company about 40 mnutes ago and the guy said the kit was just like the CL but made for a Maxima. Moreover, he said it was $1000 plus shipping to New Orleans, where I live is $180. Not bad but I would really jump on a group deal, Shadow. Can't do anything till after I take the MCAT on April 20th, but after that I'm ready to buy.