4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Pictures of Ionic Dynamics body kit (97-99)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 07:44 PM

Re: Paint

Originally posted by hakk97se
I like the kit, although I don't know if I am ready to buy a kit yet. Just out of curiousity... I am wondering what the total price would be. The kit with the max.org deal is a little over $300. How much would it cost to paint this stuff typically? $300? More? I've heard of paint for the stillen front lip running $200+. Am I imaging this? Or is the kit close to the same price it would cost to paint it?
Well, you're going to be in for a shock...its not that easy to install this kit. YOu will need to drill holes in the kit because it does not come with mounting hardware or holes for the mounting hardware. Unless you are very skilled and carefull, it will be a pain to do it.

My total was $620 for Paint and Install, but that was because they took only 2 days to do it. It was actually a pretty shoddy (bad) job. My door hits the side skirt, and the paint has grease or something on it that I can't wash off. There are streks of pain on the side skirts, and on the inside of the car. And they didnt bolt up the ends of the side skirts to where the mud-guards were. But thats their fault, not the kit's. The kit is great. At least they gave me a warranty, now I'm going to go back and have it reapainted and fixed
Old 04-24-2002, 02:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Paint

Originally posted by mozy

Well, you're going to be in for a shock...its not that easy to install this kit. YOu will need to drill holes in the kit because it does not come with mounting hardware or holes for the mounting hardware. Unless you are very skilled and carefull, it will be a pain to do it.

My total was $620 for Paint and Install, but that was because they took only 2 days to do it. It was actually a pretty shoddy (bad) job. My door hits the side skirt, and the paint has grease or something on it that I can't wash off. There are streks of pain on the side skirts, and on the inside of the car. And they didnt bolt up the ends of the side skirts to where the mud-guards were. But thats their fault, not the kit's. The kit is great. At least they gave me a warranty, now I'm going to go back and have it reapainted and fixed
It cost you $620 just to paint and install it? That is..... more skrilla.. Lets say you bought the kit for $300.. + $600 to install + cost of a stillen lip + paint for that ($150+).. that's well over $1k for a kit. I guess the stillen kit is comprable or more expensive than that. I just don't comtemplate dropping $1k+ on 3" of fibreglass and paint to go around the bottom of my car anytime soon, no matter how good it looks. *shrug* Anyway, sorry to hear about the shoddy install. Hope I get to see your car at the next NorCal meet.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:25 AM

Re: Re: Re: Paint

Originally posted by hakk97se

It cost you $620 just to paint and install it? That is..... more skrilla.. Lets say you bought the kit for $300.. + $600 to install + cost of a stillen lip + paint for that ($150+).. that's well over $1k for a kit. I guess the stillen kit is comprable or more expensive than that. I just don't comtemplate dropping $1k+ on 3" of fibreglass and paint to go around the bottom of my car anytime soon, no matter how good it looks. *shrug* Anyway, sorry to hear about the shoddy install. Hope I get to see your car at the next NorCal meet.
heh, well, then why do people pay $1300 to have a stillen kit put on? its only 3" of urethane that doesnt even go fully around the car...
im not *****ing. I have the money, and I have the urge. I mean, I know thats 1/3 of a supercharger...but at my age, that will take another 2 years to save up for the rest of it. So why not splurge right now? To each his own. C ya.
Old 04-24-2002, 01:19 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Not to sound totally ignorant but I don't get the shriveled ***** joke everyone thinks is so funny. A.) What exhaust looks like a shriveled *****? I don't know what exhaust you guys are even refering to. B.) What the hell does a shriveled ***** look like anyway?!
Old 04-24-2002, 01:30 PM

Re: :o)

Originally posted by ptatohed
B.) What the hell does a shriveled ***** look like anyway?!
Look down.

SuDZ
Old 04-24-2002, 04:11 PM
Licensed to Spell

Re: Re: :o)

Originally posted by SuDZ

Look down.

SuDZ

I tried that first.
Old 04-26-2002, 07:33 AM

The **** can be found here...

http://mozy.cx/maxima/idkit/

- Chad
Old 04-26-2002, 07:45 AM

The **** can be found here...

http://mozy.cx/maxima/idkit/

- Chad
Old 04-26-2002, 07:56 AM

I could be wrong, but the skirts and rear look a bit lower than the stillen's kits. Is there any problem with clearance with say a 2" drop?

Originally posted by ionicmax
Hi:

The side skirts are designed to match the front lip perfectly.

Since we know that many Org members live in places where it snows alot we decided to leave the instalation options open. You can use screws, double sided tape and bondo if you want them to be insatlled permanently. Or you can just use some srews and they will hold just fine (that's how the are insatlled on my car )

I also wanted to add that my web site has been updated

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2002, 08:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by JamesAvery
I could be wrong, but the skirts and rear look a bit lower than the stillen's kits. Is there any problem with clearance with say a 2" drop?

I have a two piece rear valance available now for lowered maximas

I don't think you'll have a problem with the side skirts, I've gone over some huge speed bumps in Tijuana lol.
Old 04-26-2002, 08:22 AM

Originally posted by ionicmax

I have a two piece rear valance available now for lowered maximas

I don't think you'll have a problem with the side skirts, I've gone over some huge speed bumps in Tijuana lol.
Whoa, ionic, can you modify your kit's rear lip/bumper to accomodate a dual muffler exhaust set-up?

-A
Old 04-26-2002, 08:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by avalon42

Whoa, ionic, can you modify your kit's rear lip/bumper to accomodate a dual muffler exhaust set-up?

-A
Yes probably, but I would need for you to give me the measuremnts
Old 04-26-2002, 01:40 PM

indecisive: thanks for pointing out the ****....twice....I dont see how this joke went on this far.

the rear piece is not THAT low, I've looked at the car from the side from close up and far away and it seems that both the stillen lip and rear piece are very very close to being the same. ofcourse with a 2" drop that will be a problem (even for the stillen lip). so, its up to you on what you want to try. hey, fiberglass is repairable
but i'm going to try a 1.6" drop some time in the future.

hey Jose, do you have any pix of the rear two-piece yet?