4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Questions on UPRD ECU GD,anyone welcomed to answer

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2000, 08:12 PM

OK...I have been out for quite a few days, just returned late last night. Anyhow...I am about ready to take off the ECU and send it to UPRD...probably sometime next week or the week after. But I have heard that the only way we get GD
price is if 30 people send their ECU to Cheston and have Cheston send it to UPRD? Ugh....ok I am confused...

I am sorry but waiting for 30 ecu to arrive is an ill idea....I mean come on...what's up with that.

I do know that if we do not get 30 people we have to pay the regular price, but if the GD can only be done if 25 ECU arrive at the same time....umm...I dunno...that idea is not hot at all...

So if we get to send our ECU...pay 475 and the shipping and
eventually UPRD get 30 ecu sold through the posts that refered to their ECU GD and Cheston's & friends efforts....Will UPRD honors the GD? I know I know...you all probably think my way of running business sucks...but humm...I dunno...I guess I just wanna say...What's up with this?

yeah..75 bucks is a lot of money for me...
come on come on....let me know....I want to send my ECU..but I want things to be right...right now this GD seems to be uncertain.

Old 11-26-2000, 08:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I would have to agree with you 100%

I don't see the group buy going through at least not any time soon,last I heard there was only like 11 people who were in and it would be wishfull thinking that we would be able to get another 14 people together.One big reason of lack of interest is waiting for this group deal is you would have to send your ECM to Cheston and wait for who know how long for the other 24 ECM'S to come in and be reprogramed so you would likely suffer atleast a week or more of down time, So as you may allready no I have done the UPRD ECU mod and it cost me $525 + shipping which is a bit more then the possible savings of the group buy which to me was not was not waiting for.But some people like you who are realy stingy with there money I guess you will have to wait and see what Cheston can setup for you guys,So good luck to you guys...Peace
Old 11-27-2000, 04:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: I would have to agree with you 100%

Originally posted by emax95
I don't see the group buy going through at least not any time soon,last I heard there was only like 11 people who were in and it would be wishfull thinking that we would be able to get another 14 people together.One big reason of lack of interest is waiting for this group deal is you would have to send your ECM to Cheston and wait for who know how long for the other 24 ECM'S to come in and be reprogramed so you would likely suffer atleast a week or more of down time, So as you may allready no I have done the UPRD ECU mod and it cost me $525 + shipping which is a bit more then the possible savings of the group buy which to me was not was not waiting for.But some people like you who are realy stingy with there money I guess you will have to wait and see what Cheston can setup for you guys,So good luck to you guys...Peace
emax95, is it worth $525? I wanted to get some more feedback before jumping on the bandwagon. Are the gains good enough to warrant this mod?
Old 11-27-2000, 04:22 PM

Cheston is checking with Rob

Yeah, I brought this to Cheston's attention this weekend and he is checking with Robert@UPRD, so I would suggest to wait until we get the word. Maybe, will can deal with UPRD directly if they are cooperative. I am like you and can't wait for the ECU, but I guess I will have to go by the saying that "all good things come to those who wait", so that is what I am doing.

Emax95 should be getting his clutch fixed tomorrow so he will be able to tell you after he brakes it in.
Old 11-27-2000, 04:27 PM

Also the UPRD ECU should be just as good as the JWT ECU

if not even better. Everyone that I know that has a JWT ECU says it is great, so I would say jump on the bandwagon so we can get the lowest price. I think there are enough people out there, we just have to get the group deal going before they jump on. Just on this thread there are two more people so I think it will all work out and we will save some cash.