4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Painting Interior Pieces

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 04:34 PM

Painting Interior Pieces

I want to paint some interior pieces to match my brushed aluminum console. However I don't know how they come off. So here's what I want to paint.

The Power Window Switch
The door handle
Speaker cover (on door)
and vents on dash (right next to door)

I'm assuming they all pop off with a flat head screw driver, but i figured I should check with you guys before I start ripping apart my doors. thanks.

-Ian
Old 04-23-2002, 05:19 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Painting Interior Pieces

Originally posted by EN_Maxima
I want to paint some interior pieces to match my brushed aluminum console. However I don't know how they come off. So here's what I want to paint.

The Power Window Switch
The door handle
Speaker cover (on door)
and vents on dash (right next to door)

I'm assuming they all pop off with a flat head screw driver, but i figured I should check with you guys before I start ripping apart my doors. thanks.

-Ian

well...
i can for one tell ya that the window switch just pops up with a flathead.. then there are 4 screws on the back and you are done.

I am not sure about the other things.. although i think the door handle pops up after you remove that screw inside of it. Speaker covers may need to have the door panel removed. And the vents on the dash are snapped in I think.. but you gotta push them out from the rear... Be careful not to damage the vinyl.. it's really easy to.