4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

BIG PROBLEM: have 94 max that looks like 4th gen!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 12:12 PM
Sports Button FTW

BIG PROBLEM: have 94 max that looks like 4th gen!

i just checked my door for first time since i bought my car and it shows that my car was made on 9/94. I'm trying to do conversion. Does this mean that i have to look for 5 speed transmission made THROUGH 12/94 or i can still get any transmission between 1/94 to 99?

Also, it shows 3 different weights...if anyone wants to see this info, let me know and i'll email it to them...i would post it but don't know how............
Old 04-29-2002, 12:16 PM

Re: BIG PROBLEM: have 94 max that looks like 4th gen!

Originally posted by meccanoble
i just checked my door for first time since i bought my car and it shows that my car was made on 9/94. I'm trying to do conversion. Does this mean that i have to look for 5 speed transmission made THROUGH 12/94 or i can still get any transmission between 1/94 to 99?

Also, it shows 3 different weights...if anyone wants to see this info, let me know and i'll email it to them...i would post it but don't know how............
A regular 4th gen tranny should do just fine. They always start pumping out cars a bit before they are released so that dealerships can get a few on the floor and ready to push for sales.

SuDZ
Old 04-29-2002, 12:34 PM
Sports Button FTW

Re: Re: BIG PROBLEM: have 94 max that looks like 4th gen!

Originally posted by SuDZ

A regular 4th gen tranny should do just fine. They always start pumping out cars a bit before they are released so that dealerships can get a few on the floor and ready to push for sales.

SuDZ
SHOULD? lol, i hope so...anyhow, i just found my best deal so far...62,000 miles trans (locking differential) $750....he has all other parts but i think he's asking a lot for them....he said 1200 for all which isn't too bad but i'm trying to get better deal than that u know.....
Old 04-29-2002, 02:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

One day you're going to run out of favors asking countless repetitive questions, complaining about paying too much, and continually asking for discounts.
-hype
Old 04-29-2002, 02:57 PM

Clee, u mind if i just put the link right through? cause i don't have a real website and i'm not gonna be able to change it till like thursday or something.... you mind keeping that pic on your site for me to link to?
Here mecca,

http://www.cyberhub.net/sigpics/mecca.jpg

Link to that. I'll serve you.

IanS
Old 04-29-2002, 03:04 PM
Sports Button FTW

thank u iansw...u da man, and hype, i would say go to h*ll but the moderators might ban me....
Old 04-29-2002, 03:15 PM

thank u iansw...u da man, and hype, i would say go to h*ll but the moderators might ban me....
You can say whatever you want to me mecca, but you may find it wise to keep your mouth closed on occasion. I have no problem helping people out, but frankly I think most of your posts are a waste of bandiwdth.
Here's 2 that would be better served on an OT forum rather than in 4th.
just got a WEB CAM
the WORST day of the SEMESTER!
You rank right up there with 95emeraldgxe in my book
-hype
Old 04-29-2002, 03:50 PM
Sports Button FTW

those posts are made not to educate but to demonstrate my enthusiasm over new things i get. Yea they don't belong in this specific forum but posting ' i just got a new web cam ' is like saying ' i just got the new super cold air intake '....only certain people will find it interesting due to the fact that they may be in search for one...although because this is a maxima forum, a cold air intake may be more popular...however, in a forum where everyone gets something new for their car, a web cam or camera is definitely something everyone would want just so they can show others what goes on between them and their car during their everyday life....

if you think i post garbage, that's your opinion, frankly, i don't care, and your opinion really isn't that important either, unless u were a moderator that is different. I'm not even trying to dog u or anything cause u real helpful, maybe not to me, but to a lot of people on this board but just cause u don't like the way someone handles things doesn't mean u have to critique...if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all...just IMO
Old 04-29-2002, 04:13 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Yea they don't belong in this specific forum ...

... i don't care, and your opinion really isn't that important either, unless u were a moderator that is different. ...
DO NOT post non-4th gen-maxima-related posts in this forum. It's not a matter of opinion, it's the rule. The rules around here arent terribly restrictive, just dont post OT stuff, how hard is that. Also, why do all your posts have something like "URGENT "HELP" or "EMERGENCY" in the title? It's getting old fast.
Old 04-29-2002, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by xHypex

You can say whatever you want to me mecca, but you may find it wise to keep your mouth closed on occasion. I have no problem helping people out, but frankly I think most of your posts are a waste of bandiwdth.
Here's 2 that would be better served on an OT forum rather than in 4th.
just got a WEB CAM
the WORST day of the SEMESTER!
You rank right up there with 95emeraldgxe in my book
-hype
Very well said. I second that.

And for the record, My 1995 GLE was produced in April of 1994 but it IS a '95...
Old 04-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by exhip95

Very well said. I second that.

And for the record, My 1995 GLE was produced in April of 1994 but it IS a '95...
ok, just wanted to make sure....when searching for trans, they ask u if you want through 12/94 and it gets kind of confusing when you KNOW your car is a 95 but it was manufactured before that which obviously should be happening but a little misunderstanding....thanks all for the clear up